Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166592 - 11/23/02 01:15 AM jiggin chums
young gun02 Offline
Egg

Loc: puyallup, wa
i have always been lead to believe tha green is the color for chums. But ever since i started float fishing it seems day after day i have way more success with a pink marabou. Do any of you other jig fishers think the same or is it just me? Also i'm curious, what type of floats do you use I use thill with the wire but my wire always gets bent and this effects my drift any suggestions?

#166593 - 11/23/02 01:25 AM Re: jiggin chums
Matt S. Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Northwest
It's not just you. Pink defenitly works better on chum then green. When I'm fishing the bank for chum, I rarely see a legally caught fish on green corkie and yarn. Float fishing pink jigs is way more effective and you don't snag fish. The best floats are dink floats, cause they are very durable and easy to use. The West Coast floats are also very good. If you know the depth of the drift you're fishing, I like using those round cork floats. You can find these at GI goes and auburn sports and marine. they are easy to cast but it's hard to find the depth so make sure you know how deep to fish.

#166594 - 11/23/02 04:22 AM Re: jiggin chums
Jigman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Hot pink is the way to go with the chums. The pink worm also works well on a jighead below a float. Try the Thill center slider or the Thill premium weighted, they are both great floats.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 914 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |