LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167299 - 11/30/02 05:57 PM Bringing Canadian fish into U.S. ports ?
yoadrian Offline
Fry

Loc: Ferndale
I have a delima I want to go fishing in Canadian Waters (Tumbo channel) when the blackmouth season is closed here in the U.S.
The only problem is I am not leagally allowed to bring these fish into port even though I catch them in CAN water. I have come up with the idea of video taping where we fish and where the fish are caught to provide evidence that they were caught in Canadian Waters.

Does anybody else have any suggestions.

#167300 - 11/30/02 09:39 PM Re: Bringing Canadian fish into U.S. ports ?
havnfun Offline
Spawner

Loc: tacomca,wa,pierce
hear of this problem all the time out of neah bay,heard of tickets written....they go to court(if they make it that far)...but never of any fines being paid.brothers up north love sportsman and i do'nt belive this state really wants to upset that applecart. i have done it and have no problems with doing it. just my 2cents flog

#167301 - 11/30/02 10:06 PM Re: Bringing Canadian fish into U.S. ports ?
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
Read the Canadian regs:

http://www-comm.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/pages/sfg/default_e.htm

You have to land Canadian fish in a Canadian port - period. You can then process them according to the guidelines in the regulations and bring them back in your vehicle, but not in your vessel. Both our wardens and theirs are very serious about enforcing this, as otherwise too many fish would be mis-allocated, screwing up harvest reporting and ultimately shares between tribal/non-tribal. Don't do it - if you get caught it's bad for you, yes, but it's also bad for the rest of us when fish managers have to factor in mis-reporting.

#167302 - 11/30/02 11:00 PM Re: Bringing Canadian fish into U.S. ports ?
jcw Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Chehalis, Wa, USA

#167303 - 12/01/02 01:10 AM Re: Bringing Canadian fish into U.S. ports ?
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
Possibly what they are doing is landing fish for which the season is open in Washington, and the anglers they are guiding have purchased licenses in both countries. For example, blackmouth season is open most of the year in Canada for two fish, but only a few months in Washington for one. If you land one fish in Washington on the right day, and have licenses to fish in both places, then what can they do? But if blackmouth fishing is closed in WA but open in Canada and you land one here, you have broken the law. But not if you drove your boat over the border, launched it there and fished with a Canadian license, landed the fish over there and processed it so that it complied with Canada rules, put it in your rig, and drove home, that's legal. Anyway, read the regs, they are always clear and make perfect sense rolleyes confused

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, Salmo g., 1 invisible), 1070 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645299 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |