LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167414 - 12/02/02 12:47 AM How has PETA become so popular??
Sparkey Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Western Washington
They target America's youth. frown frown

I have provided a link to a song (warning, contains the f-word) that was released by a pop-punk band that at times gets fairly decent airtime on alternative stations and has a large following amongst the skater/snowboarder crowd which is very very large!!

Ted Nugent

If you would like to pass on the audio version and just take a peak at these lyrics-

Lyrics

shoot

#167415 - 12/02/02 12:52 AM Re: How has PETA become so popular??
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
I love a feel good song.

#167416 - 12/02/02 02:00 AM Re: How has PETA become so popular??
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Browns Point
that isn't played on any stations around here...if they did play it they would have to bleep out most of the lyrics and no one could tell what they were saying anyway.

besides, that song makes me hungry, i think im gonna put on my jacket and fur cap and go out back and throw a nice juicy steak on the grill...then crank up some ted on the stereo and renew my NRA membership!!!

#167417 - 12/02/02 12:27 PM Re: How has PETA become so popular??
DeKuma Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Covington, WA
The lyrics to that song not only show the mentality and emotional maturity of those that wrote it, but those that listen to it as well.

#167418 - 12/02/02 07:36 PM Re: How has PETA become so popular??
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, WA
See sparkey... My music is better!! None of what I listen to would come out with that crap..
When you see the light... You'll be listening to and liking Eminem!! I assure you, there are no peta references in his music. evil

#167419 - 12/02/02 08:06 PM Re: How has PETA become so popular??
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
I had the pleasure rolleyes (please see sarcasm) of hearing that same song played live at Warp Tour last summer. I can't remember the name of the band, or much else from that trip to the Gorge wink , but I do remember him preached about vegetarianism and how killing animals is wrong, blah blah blah. I did, however, push up to the front of the stage after his daisy-sniffing comments and negativity towards Ted Nugent and said "Nooooo........F*** YOU!!!!!!!!!......Ted Nugent rocks!!!!!"

Got some weird looks from the punk kiddies out there and the band members even gave me the finger (kinda cool to get the attention I must say) but Kid Sauk speaks his mind and don't sell out for nuttin' eek laugh

It's sad that there are so many PETA freaks in the world today. If it wasn't for "Real Men" hunting and killing animals many moons ago, then the PETA supporters ancestors would've starved and froze their asses off from not having those nice warm skins and furs provided from those tasty furry critters. cool

I say stick all the PETA people on an Island and when they run out of trees and plants to eat, then they can eat eachother! eek eek eek

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#167420 - 12/02/02 09:36 PM Re: How has PETA become so popular??
dustywaders Offline
Alevin

Loc: south sound
People-Eating-Tasty-Animals rolleyes

#167421 - 12/02/02 09:58 PM Re: How has PETA become so popular??
Sparkey Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Western Washington
Quote:
Originally posted by CWUgirl:
See sparkey... My music is better!! None of what I listen to would come out with that crap..
When you see the light... You'll be listening to and liking Eminem!! I assure you, there are no peta references in his music. evil
So yes...there are some misguided beliefs floating around in my genre's but atleast they do not preach killing, murder, violence and putting my b*tch in her place!!!

Plus what I listent to also has some melody!!

shoot

#167422 - 12/03/02 01:24 AM Re: How has PETA become so popular??
Josh Offline
Smolt

Loc: Forks
Sparky,
yeah, some music may "preach"killing and some other things that you mentioned, but what does that matter? It's not like everyone that listens to it does everything the lyrics say. yes, there are few sick and twisted people out there that think it's ok. But that is their fault, don't blame it on the music. Not all of it is that as bad as you made it sound.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 534 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |