Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#168561 - 12/12/02 02:04 PM Wiggle Warts vs. Brad's Wigglers
Steve Ericsson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Wa
We have noticed that although the Brad's Wigglers look and sound identical to the Storm Wiggle Warts, they don't seem to produce fish as well. We can pull Brad's all day long but even a beat up Wart with half the paint missing will catch fish every time. Has anyone else noticed this? I am talking about the original solid colors, not the new ones with clear plastic bills. They seem to act the same in the water but the fish don't seem to like them as well. Needless to say anytime I find an original WiggleWart still hanging on a hook or at a yard sale I snap it up!

#168562 - 12/12/02 03:37 PM Re: Wiggle Warts vs. Brad's Wigglers
fishinglunatic Offline
Parr

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I bought a half dozen or so of the new Brad's Wigglers and can't tune a damn one of them. I talked to Brad himself and he told me they had some problems with the original batch and that they are now producing new ones with a new lip on them and have had no problems with them. I haven't seen a difference in the lips when looking at Fisherman's Marine so I'm reluctant to buy any more. Maybe Fisherman's is trying to sell all their old stock first. All my old Wiggle Warts work and tune great. I wish I would have stocked up on more prior to the buyout. Have you or anyone tried the new Storm Wiggle Warts? The colors are awesome but I have not heard any feedback from anyone on performance, tuning, or fish catching abilities.

Tight lines!

#168563 - 12/12/02 03:56 PM Re: Wiggle Warts vs. Brad's Wigglers
Slam Offline
Fry

Loc: kelso, wa, USA
I don't know about the first batch but I know the ones I bought this fall worked great, in fact out of at least 15 plugs I only had to tune 1 or 2 of them, and boy did I catch fish with these. I even pulled out some of my old Wiggle Warts and nothing. Give the new ones a try, they are becoming so popular around here Bob's keeps running out of the hot colors.

#168564 - 12/12/02 04:27 PM Re: Wiggle Warts vs. Brad's Wigglers
fishtale Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kng
The new Storm wigglewarts swim just as good as the old ones do. I bought a G/G/R last summer and it out produce all of the other proven fish catchers on both steelhead and springers but its still hard to beat the old ones!!!! wink

#168565 - 12/12/02 06:47 PM Re: Wiggle Warts vs. Brad's Wigglers
Steve Ericsson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Wa
The new Storms work pretty good, they do have some good colors and I think the colors are molded in so the color won't scrape or chip off. My only complaint is the copper or brass split rings. I have bent more than on or lost a fish or two that pulled the hook off of the plug. I now replace them with stainless to be safe.

I too can't get a Brad's Wiggler to tune or catch fish worth a damn! Maybe the new ones are better, however I sure hate to spend any more money on them. Alas, I may have to. I did pick up some nice originals floating on the Chehalis on the incoming tide, two or three good ones. Sure would like to find an old fire tiger floating around!

#168566 - 12/13/02 08:25 AM Re: Wiggle Warts vs. Brad's Wigglers
bardo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: union wa
ditto. i have had way better luck with the wiggle warts

#168567 - 12/13/02 11:50 AM Re: Wiggle Warts vs. Brad's Wigglers
Slam Offline
Fry

Loc: kelso, wa, USA
Here is a Brads Wiggler on the left and a Wiggle Wart on the right, notice the Wiggler has a dimple on the bill, the first batch didn't have that. Like I already posted these new wigglers hardly ever needed to be tuned and caught alot of Silvers. I think they have a smoother action then the Warts. I don't like the hooks they come with so I switch them out with a #4 Owner treble on the belly and a barrell swivel in between.

#168568 - 12/13/02 07:26 PM Re: Wiggle Warts vs. Brad's Wigglers
Fishlips Offline
Parr

Loc: Issaquah, WA
I think Brad missed the boat in coming up with a copy of the old style wiggle wart. The Brad's wigglers have a much lighter rattle than the old wigs, and don't seem to dive as deep for me.
I'll continue to fish the old wigs until I loose my last one.

#168569 - 12/13/02 07:52 PM Re: Wiggle Warts vs. Brad's Wigglers
Fishalot Offline
Parr

Loc: Portland, Oregon
The new Brad Warts do have the dimple and come with tuning instructions, the hooks are a little bigger also. Looking at a older Wee Wort they have a dimple like the new brads. I do notice that the rattle sound is a little bit faint compared to the old Wiggle Worts.

Fishalot

#168570 - 12/13/02 09:36 PM Re: Wiggle Warts vs. Brad's Wigglers
NWaddict Offline
Smolt

Loc: Oregon
I think that they would be more appropriately named Brad's Circler's because the majority of the one's i bought would do nothing but roll like a herring under any kind of heavy resistance no matter how much you tried to tune them. If you look really closely their seems to be some subtle differences between the lips of the brads and warts. I've stuck to the remaining warts that i have and tadpolly's.

#168571 - 12/13/02 11:43 PM Re: Wiggle Warts vs. Brad's Wigglers
nitefishin Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: felony way
if you are looking for some original warts, check out sportco, they resently had a box of them. also narrows marina, but they priced a litte steep.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bucktail, Richard E.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (steely slammer, eddie, stonefish, NOFISH), 1183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |