Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170320 - 12/27/02 01:09 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Two friends of mine are state troopers and ever since they got the new boss from the most corupt police department in the united states they said they are now required to write at least 8 citations per shift, One per hour, he took away the 4-10 schedules and is generally an asshole. He said no one likes him except Locke because it is all about revenue now, making the money through tickets.
So watch your backs!!!!
Peace Superfly evil evil

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#170321 - 12/27/02 01:17 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Sounds like our police force motto has been changed from "Protect and Serve" to "Tax and Harass".

#170322 - 12/27/02 02:05 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
Anonymous
Unregistered

If yoo commit the crime or infraction for that matter be prepared to do the time or pay the fine.

If you were speeding and got caught then just pay the fine. To admit you were brakeing the law and then be sore because you were punished for it, well beathead

#170323 - 12/27/02 02:46 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
ROEBOAT Offline
Fry

Loc: kent
I had the carbon copy thing happen as B. Gray. Funny thing though, my cruise control was set at the speed limit with normal tires. Clallams finest told me he clocked me going 10 over (going the other way behind a full sized RV)and I cried Bull!!!! I got out of my car and went over to his car despite his grumblings to see the reading for myself. His radar was OFF. He said he turned it off because it was making too much noise. I fought the ticket and lost as did everyone else. I got really pi***ed off in the courtroom(hanging court) and am lucky they didn't put me in jail , but it was total BS from the start. Just a way to make money!!!

#170324 - 12/27/02 02:48 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Damn, I sure never expected this much response to a speed trap warning. And I never meant this to be a bashing thread against folks like Rich and all the others out there who do a dangerous and thankless job trying to keep the scum at bay.

I just got a new job so I probably won't be able to make it to PA for my day in court. Just keep an eye out folks.

Doesn't surprise me in the least that the state has to turn to methods like writing tickets for 10mph over to try and get some more money in the coffers. Actually, I just looked at the ticket and it was for 66 in a 55. I guess that's where the extra $30 comes in.

BTW - got one brat for my troubles.

Bruce

#170325 - 12/27/02 05:21 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
I guess from reading these posts that I'd better slow down. It seems that the lead in my a$$ has now gone down to my foot. I usually zip around on the back roads very much over the speed limit. But from reading all of this I will now slow down just a little. beathead

#170326 - 12/27/02 05:42 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
Let me give everyone a couple reasons to slow down by relating these two stories...

Just past the Elwah, heading West towards the Lake my buddies and I wer driving the speed limit even and we hit black ice. This was during a period of mild temperatures when no black ice was expected. We just happened to hit a pocket of very cold air which caused the moisture on the ground to freeze. We spun twice and wound up heading directly for a van that had the exact same thing happen to it thirty seconds before us. Luckily we only grazed the van and narrowly missed the people from the van that had to dive out of our way. Had we been going any faster the story would likely have had a much more tragic ending.

I have some friends in Forks that have to commute back and forth to Seattle semi-regularly...on one of their trips they were driving South on 101 on the section of road near the Quinault where the old growths border the road. It was windy and rainy much as it is today. As they drove through this very dark section they were going too fast to notice that one of the OG's had been blown over by the wind and were unable to stop before smashing into the tree at very high speeds. Luckily everyone survived but only by the grace of the fish gods.

I know that road like the back of my hand, forwards and backwards, but I and my girlfriend know so many people whom that road has humbled that I no longer take any chances....

Remember...you can't fish if you are dead.

#170327 - 12/27/02 10:31 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
trailrat77 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: rowers seat
Sounds like I got lucky last weekend, right FS?

Less than 2.5 hrs from Forks to Tacoma, yeah I was speeding at times. But heck I couldn't even keep up with the WDFW Enforcement Officers that we left Forks with.

Really we all need to slow down a bit.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |