Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170300 - 12/26/02 02:10 PM Easy on the pedal on the Pen
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Just had the chance to meet one of Clallam County's finest the other day on my way back from Forks. Got pulled over just east of Sequim for doing 65 in a 55. I don't know how he could tell since he was cruising in the other direction but it's gonna cost me $105 and probably a bump in my insurance. Thanks for sharing the holiday spirit, Mr. Officer.

So be aware on your way West and back....

Bruce

#170301 - 12/26/02 02:33 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Ten over? That is weak! If you can, go over and make an appearance in court. That will usually drop the fine and may even drop everything all together.

#170302 - 12/26/02 02:55 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
B Gray Offline
Smolt

Loc: Bellingham
Not good,
Well, how was fishing

#170303 - 12/26/02 03:27 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
SteelyDon Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Auburn
Been there, done that. Sorry to hear about the ticket. I got one a few years ago almost in the same area for $100 and I just mailed it in so as not to have to go all they way over there to court and use a vacation day. Only caught one fish, so $100 a fish seemed pretty high at the time. I almost got one this past weekend following a cop just before Montesano around 5am. Luckily for me he was just getting set up to grab someone else. Sounds like its time for me to slow down just a bit.

#170304 - 12/26/02 04:15 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
drift boat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton WA
I got to meet one this past summer on the way to fish Deep River. He said I was going 75 and I said bull I was only going 65 in a 55 so he wrote the ticket for 10 over and I still paid $75.00 eek I should have said it was 60 laugh

#170305 - 12/26/02 04:55 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
steel_fish Offline
Fry

Loc: Arlington
Same thing happened to me on 530 just past Howard Miller Steelhead Park. County mounty tagged me for 10 over. Get this he said I was probably doing 70 in a 55 but his radar was 5 mph off. Hmmmm I'm fighting this one. Then 2 weeks later my fishing partner got pulled over on the same stretch but he let him GO confused

If there were no chickens...what would everything taste like?

#170306 - 12/26/02 05:19 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Browns Point
i got nailed on I-90 just outside ellensburg on thanksgiving by a state patrol...was doing 85 (just keeping pace with the other cars) he wrote it for 10 over also...he was very polite but dont these guys have any holiday spirit??? rolleyes

#170307 - 12/26/02 06:51 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
FishinSinsation Offline
Spawner

Loc: kenmore, wa
i almost got one on my way to sportco a few months back, i was going 16 over on the levee road wink smile fife cops are jerks but with my boyish good looks, and playing stupid with the cop payed off as i didnt get the ticket. He said it would have been about a 185 dollar ticket or so

so i was happy to get out of that one.. perhaps it was my college sticker on the back of my car that kept him from writing a poor poor college student a big ticket, but i wasnt complaining smile laugh

#170308 - 12/26/02 07:05 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
I probably shouldn't do this but what the hell, it's the holiday season and I'm feeling generous:

Wanna know how to avoid getting speeding tickets?

DON'T SPEED! eek eek

Did you get where you were going any sooner by sitting on the side of the road for 15 minutes waiting to sign your name?

#170309 - 12/26/02 07:23 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
I'll tell you what, it's easy to have the old speedometer creep up on ya. Been there, done that. Thank God for cruise control, I've even taken to using it driving through these small towns. I can't afford another ticket on my insurance. beathead CC keeps me from speeding. I will set it 4-5 over and stay in the right lane except to pass.

#170310 - 12/26/02 07:37 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Staying out of the fast lane (left lane) is always a good policy. Especially on multiple lane highways.

#170311 - 12/26/02 09:43 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
I personally think that we are going to see a rash of traffic citations. Know why? There's more than one way to replace revenue that Timmy removed from the state coffers and that most of you wouldn't vote back in via the gas tax, and the main one at the moment is "emphasis patrols". The "emphasis" will be on diverting as much money into the state coffers as possible to make up the difference between then and now.

And lest you think that "going with the speed of traffic" is an excuse, or start thinking that there's no way they will be able to pull over hundreds of people all speeding, think again. They now use aircraft several miles away from enough police to roadblock the typical limited access highway, pick out all the speeders by vehicle description and radio them to the waiting officers, they pull everyone over, block the road, and hand out tickets. No shait, I had this happen on Highway 12 - I was pulling my boat and was not speeding but they stopped everyone and went through the list - I was not on it thank God but pretty much everyone else was. The officer said they had over 50 in that one bust. Look for this on a highway near you soon eek

#170312 - 12/27/02 03:16 AM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
minibear Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: T-town
I learned my lesson last year, I was on my way to the OP early around 4 am or so, it did not seem like it was that cold out when I left Tacoma. Sixty MPH or so the whole way there. I was cruising down 101 and just before the turn off for the middle bridge of the salmon I came over a hill and the road started bending right I lost control and spun the truck almost 360 degrees at 50 miles an hour, I ended up off the road on the right hand side, down in a big ditch. I climbed out of the truck and investigated the damage and was relieved when all that I noticed was the right rear tire came off the rim, lucky for me another guy had spun out on the same patch of ice just before me, he came running down to make sure everything was alright, the cool part about it was he was a Forks cop on his way to work so he called in a tow truck from Forks to come get us (oh yeah this all happened on a sunday$$$)
that was a pricey towtruck ride! On the way to Forks while I was in the towtruck, not even a mile down the road a guy spun around and ended up in the ditch and his drift boat didn't look like it was in good shape anymore either, the guy drove past our trucks in the ditch and didn't even stop to make sure we were o.k. He obviously knew it was icy at that point in time but he still had to hurry, and it cost him just like it cost me, thank god nobody was seriously hurt that day. we are all always in such a hurry to get there, it's amazing the effects a steelhead can have on you. I guess my message here is simple its not always the cops you have to look out for, you never know one of these times it could be your life. Is it worth the (MUNCH)! what

#170313 - 12/27/02 08:25 AM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
Ono4fish Offline
Parr

Loc: Keyport, Wa. USA
I suppose this all has something to do with using or constantly being in close proximity to lead! beathead I understand it has a devastating effect on the human body maybe even affecting ones decision making abilities. I wonder if that's where the term "lead foot" comes from?

Or does carrying extra pencil lead on the right side of my vest give my right foot a tendancy to push down harder while driving?

Come on guys...don't tell me you've never seen the late comer make a sliding stop, don his fishing gear and make a mad dash down to the fishing spot. Maybe even done it yourselves!
SOMEBODIES GOT TO RIDE HERD ON THIS CRAZY BUNCH.

Kudos to the men in blue...It's a hell of a job! and NO I'm not in law enforcement. what

#170314 - 12/27/02 09:47 AM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
Happy Birthday herm Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: hermanghardtke@yahoo.com
Thanks for the heads up!
It is deff. ez to let the speed creep up.

I want to express a special thks to spawnout for letting me know that its my fault for voting for(Timmy's) init. TY TY TY

I also want to apol. to you all for every other thing that I have deprived all of you from. That said I want to remind all of you that you can still send in the add. funds that are not required, but you would like to contribute, just write the check to the general fund, and flag it(or not) for the project you would like it to be used for.

I am sure the state would be glad to get the money and all of you who voted against (Timmy's) init. will feel a lot better, maybe.

Herm what smile

#170315 - 12/27/02 10:46 AM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
JimB Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Chehalis
Police writing more tickets??? Heaven forbid they make us be legal...sheesh...just go the speed limit and don't worry about it. If you go 70 miles an hour and speed limit is 60 how much sooner do you get there if you are driving an hour? beathead

JimB

#170316 - 12/27/02 11:12 AM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
10 minutes!

#170317 - 12/27/02 11:16 AM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
Happy Birthday herm Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: hermanghardtke@yahoo.com
are u there yet? laugh

#170318 - 12/27/02 11:45 AM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Oh, wait a minute. That is a tricky one. If you drive for an hour going 70 versus 60, you get there at the same time! You just went 10 miles too far! See that is the reason you shouldn't speed!

#170319 - 12/27/02 12:48 PM Re: Easy on the pedal on the Pen
bigb8bigfish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
got to get to that rock before someone else fishes it. Oh darn, the river changed......... beathead

Robert

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1098 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |