LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170365 - 12/27/02 11:33 AM Satsop Broodstock program?
Paranoid Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Snohomish
Any updates on the program and/or meeting dates for this year? Contact information?

#170366 - 12/27/02 11:55 AM Re: Satsop Broodstock program?
steeliematt Offline
Parr

If you want you could shoot me an e-mail and I will give you Herm's #, He will have the info as he is the man in charge. Matt

2pecksfishing@charter.net

#170367 - 12/28/02 01:38 PM Re: Satsop Broodstock program?
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Wouldn't it be sooooooo nice IF the man in charge was on the internet???? or had an email address.....

Amazing----In the technology age, some people are still using "pony express"!!!!!

"Wore day sport fishing, still better than the best day working"

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#170368 - 12/28/02 03:01 PM Re: Satsop Broodstock program?
Double Haul Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wherever I can swing for wild ...
Curious, can anyone share what is the purpose, goals, timeline and the number of wild fish taken per year for broodstock of this program? What is trying to be accomplished with this program? It is public information, correct?

#170369 - 12/28/02 07:57 PM Re: Satsop Broodstock program?
steeliematt Offline
Parr

55 Pairs Help restore the wild run, Provide a resource for the sportsman that will not degridate the wild stocks by mixed spawning. Everyone has a theory, But in the last 4 years I have seen the Benifit of this program, I have landed more wild and marked fish on this system then any of the years in the 8 I fished this sytem before the program began, it is a 5 year program then will come up for review. For any public printed info you can contact the region 6 office, What I have stated is my own openion other then the 5 years and 55 pairs that is factual. Some disagree with the program and complain, But don't help with any other efforts. But have no problem taking home a clipped fish from this system. All fish in this system spawn on there own, Only broodstock are bred from. So clipped or unclipped they are there to support the future resourse. Just my two cents

#170370 - 12/28/02 08:21 PM Re: Satsop Broodstock program?
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
steelie matt,could you explain to me how taking 55 pair and spawning them.raising and releasing clipped fish for killing could possibly help the native run.anytime you take that amount of wild fish you are degridating the system.i will agree their is more clipped fish in the last 5 years but imo their is not the wild fish present that was their 10 years ago.also over time getting the 55 pair of wild fish is going to get harder and harder.the satsop was once was of the finest wild fish rivers in the state for both coho and steelhead.scott

#170371 - 12/28/02 10:54 PM Re: Satsop Broodstock program?
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
matt,only time will tell the outcome of this program. i agree it is not necessary and a bad idea to put hatchery fish from other systems into the river.137 steelies are some big numbers,you must spend a lot of time on that river.i would like to fish with you on the satsop this year.shoot me a e-mail when you are fishing.thanks.scott

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1114 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |