LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170557 - 12/30/02 11:36 PM Which Pontoon boat???
River Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Corvallis, Or
I am still open to other options, but I think I have narrowed my options down to the Outcast 900, Bucks Extreme, or the Creek Company ODC 1018.

Sorry I can't pay enough to get the Steelheader.

I am leaning toward the 1018 partly because it is $699, 10' with 18" tubes. My concern is the bladder matterial. It has a 30 oz. PVC shell, a 420 denier inner liner, and a 30 guage PVC bladder. The Outcast and the Bucks use Urethane for their bladder.

Any opinions about any 9-10' pontoon boats in the $700-1100 price range? I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this.

I want to use it in the winter and in the summer. Alsea, Siletz, N. and S. Santiam.

The website for the 1018 is: http://creekcompany.com/craft_odc1018.html

Thanks for any advice you can give.

#170558 - 12/31/02 12:34 AM Re: Which Pontoon boat???
chumster Offline
Parr

Loc: kent, wa.
river smolt,

check out blackbear pontoons, they are on the web, nice boats!!! seen them at the sportsman show, seem well built.

chumster

#170559 - 12/31/02 12:49 AM Re: Which Pontoon boat???
Sidecast Offline
Alevin

Loc: Renton
River Smolt,

I'm new to the board but have been lurking for a few months, Check out The Pontoon by Don Hill. Heavy duty and Equal to a steelheader in construction.

www.dhdriftboats.com.

Good Luck.

Ps. I have a 9' model with 2 paltforms one for rivers and one for lakes for sale.

Sidecast

#170560 - 12/31/02 01:12 AM Re: Which Pontoon boat???
Sparkey Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Western Washington
Go with the proven performer...the Outcast!! The Bronco Extreme isnt a bad boat but the Outcast isn't much more and it is easy to see the differance in quality between the two boats.

For example, a good freind floated hte Snoqualmie and busted the cheasy brass oarlock on the Bronco Extreme...in a riffle none the less. Those little differances can put your life in danger!!

Buy the Outcast!

...plus I have personel expereince with the Pac 900...have rowed that very boat many times through some rough water...and have had the chance to row many other boats as well...if you purchase the Outcast, you will be happy, guarenteed!!

#170561 - 12/31/02 02:46 AM Re: Which Pontoon boat???
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
Since you certainly have a price range you have to go with there is a couple ways you can go. If you can wait, save up the extra money and get a really nice boat. But if you have to have one right away, go with the Outcast. I've owned a couple and used most in the line, it will get you by.

Blackbear's and the DH's are running just about same price as Steelheaders. But steelheader's tubes and frames are about strongest built for price range. But you'll be hardpressed to find a used Steelheader under $900. But with pontoon boats, you get what you pay for. If it's inexpensive, something is shortcutted to make it that cheap (materials usually).

I had an old Pac 9 and a REALLY old fishcat, both worked well. Just I like my boats to act like boats. So I like mine fishable at anchor and able withstand some serious water (when I say fish at anchor I mean stand up and fish).

Good luck

Northwest River Fisherman

#170562 - 12/31/02 11:16 AM Re: Which Pontoon boat???
speyed Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Monroe, Washington USA
I've had a bucks extreme for 2 years and use it a lot. Had no problems. A buddy has an out cast and likes his, had no problems. We use them to get from point to point. We rarely fish from them. If you want to use it for transportation, you should be happy with either.

#170563 - 12/31/02 02:12 PM Re: Which Pontoon boat???
DaleD Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Washington
We bought Outcasts, and they've been great. Great quality, but not inexpensive, unfortunately.

Were maybe $1300 each (counting the extra stuff we got) but when you compare that to our $30,000 20' jet boat we bought it's really a bargain!!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |