THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#173072 - 02/22/06 08:00 PM Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun

#173074 - 02/22/06 08:44 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
What I really don't understand with this controversy is why anyone cares about it? Evolution, Divine intervention, Intellegent Design - I don't really care how I got here, I am most concerned with what I will do with my time here.

If evolution was proven to be a scientific fact, would anyone's deeply held religious beliefs suddenly become vaporized? I know mine wouldn't. So Rory, rather than posting this stuff, why don't you tell me (in your own words) why its important?

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#173075 - 02/22/06 09:03 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Naming supporters of a theory does nothing to prove or disprove said theory.

So who cares?

Any of these 500 scientists proposing an alternative theory........or are they just saying Darwinism is faulty?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#173076 - 02/23/06 04:06 AM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
Do I have to write the monkey rant again?

#173077 - 02/23/06 07:56 AM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

This is an ancient bit of propaganda from the Discovery Institute. The American Assoc of Scientists had 2,000 PhD's named Steve, in memory of Stephen Jay Gould, sign a paper in support of evolution as a rebuttal to the Discovery Center.
Basically I have as much respect for wacko 'christian' religous zealots, as I do for people who practice Wahhabism, or the Taliban. History has borne out that anytime religeon butts heads with science, progress is slowed, communities languish in the shadow of fear and ignorance, and it sucks the mercy and humanity out of worship.

#173078 - 02/23/06 08:04 AM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

How many people have died in the name of Religion?
I can't stand organized religion.
Yeah, I know I'll burn in Hell right?
It's all hooey in my book. (Science 101)
Funny, cause I'm pretty conservative by many standards.
VHawk, I agree completley!

#173079 - 02/23/06 08:49 AM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
I am in line with what Eddie said.. Who really cares how you got here ??? Its where we are going that concerns me the most. The rocket scientist that can come up with that little bit of information is the one I want to hear from.

#173081 - 02/23/06 11:32 AM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
Quote:
Originally posted by AuntyM:
Makes me believe in a Creator.
Thats easy for me to believe. It gets fuzzy when anyone states they know exactly what that might be, what it looks like or how it thinks you should be.

I got a list of things I am supposed to do this A.M and have done none of them.. I gotta get my ass in gear.

#173082 - 02/23/06 12:23 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
sardonicus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Spokane, Wa.
Just a bunch of Beagle haters. bigots.

#173083 - 02/23/06 12:31 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Quote:
The white light experience happens in almost every case. Makes me believe in a Creator.

......or it could be an electrochemical reaction that takes place in a dying brain.

Once again, the answer may never be known.

#173084 - 02/23/06 12:38 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Rory,

I'm sorry Eddie is being mean to you by asking you to post an original thought, given that you've repeatedly demonstrated here your inability to think.

Your post is basically irrelevant. Most scientists who believe that evolutionary theory better explains diversity of living forms also have a lot of serious questions about it as well. However, they accept that life is complex, and we don't have, and may never have, all the explanatory answers. It's the unfortunate simpletons like you, who need a simple black or white answer, when there simply is no such answer, that I feel sorry for. I used to think you were simply unwilling to open your mind to knowledge, but I've come to think you're simply unable. Optimist that I am, I believe most humans can learn to think. I'm sorry that you haven't been able to join us.

#173085 - 02/23/06 12:40 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Discovery Institute is a well exposed shill. I can't believe anyone still listens to that org.

Who's to say both evolution and creationism aren't correct? It seems impossible that our universe could be infinite. How can something be infinite? But if it isn't what's outside of that? Even string theory, which basically theorizes that dimensions or plates, if you will, create new dimensions by colliding with each other (big bang), and still what's outside all of those dimensions? All way too much for man's small mind to contemplate. But, the wacko zealots want to believe that we are the only living intelligent beings in all the universes, dimensions, etc. The chosen ones. God created all of what we see and don't see out there and yet put life on only one tiny planet....lol. Here's where they put their fingers in their ears and sing lalalalala until the talking stops.

#173086 - 02/23/06 04:43 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Back in the old days religion slowed science but the main factor slowing science these days is politics.

The pope doesnt have the power to say the world isnt round anymore.

Space the final frontier. Of course the universe is infinite whats so hard about that. Its not like the planets are bubbles in a soda pop bottle. Space contains everything dont expect to run into a wall in space because space contains the wall. Just because everything we know of is contained within something else we can see or touch many people assume Space has to be contained some how, but its us that are contained in space. We are in an infinite dimension. particulate matter in a walless, floorless, ceilingless closet. Space is contained in Space would also be a false statement suggesting there were layers or levels of space. Space just goes on. No walls, ceilings, or floors.

space/universe two words that mean the same thing. Infinite openness. The hard part of explaining this is we dont have the right words in are language.

#173088 - 02/23/06 04:57 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
And how do you know that space is infinete. All we can explore is our own little part of it. wink

#173089 - 02/23/06 05:17 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by BW:
And how do you know that space is infinete. All we can explore is our own little part of it. wink
I know space is infinite beacause I can drop a penny on my floor through space. The penny was contained by the floor, but when I drill a hole in my floor and drop the penny again it continues into more space. We look at the space under our house as being confined. We call it a crawl space suggesting all our lives that the space is confined by the house. Thats not the fact. The fact is that our house is contained in space. The crawl space is not contained by the house the house is contained in space. Again its hard to explain without some new words.

#173090 - 02/23/06 05:19 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by AuntyM:

Hey! That wasn't very nice Micro! %(*$_)^# You shouldn't think like that.

laugh
I am sending my response to you via telepathy right not Aunty

#173091 - 02/23/06 05:23 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Prove it..... laugh

#173092 - 02/23/06 05:29 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

If I could do that I wouldnt be living in a rental. smile

Its harder for me to believe though that if there was a "brick wall" containing space that you couldnt break through it into more space.

#173093 - 02/23/06 05:46 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

maybe it's all a big sphere of space but then that would mean it's not infinite and something is outside of it.

So, was it a big bang? If so was there a massive blob of matter in empty space? Was that a planet? Or was it just empty space and the matter came from else where? Or were the matter and space created at once? I need to go back to smoking pot. lol.

Imagine the upheavel if one day an alien visited and told us all about how they seeded this planet and created man. Some would think "well that makes sense" others would want to kill the alien for blasphemy.

#173095 - 02/23/06 06:24 PM Re: Over 500 Scientists Proclaim Their Doubts About Darwin’s Theory
Dan S. Offline

Quote:
I don't trust aliens. Especially if they're from outer space
laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (steely slammer, wolverine, 2 invisible), 941 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645366 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |