LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#174785 - 04/26/06 06:04 PM Wow, it's deep in here!
Jason Offline
Smolt

Loc: Lake Stevens, WA
After spending most of the time I'm on this site in the hunting forums, I never expected this forum to be so flooded with left wingers. Even with the majority of the posters looking to be from western WA, I still expected a pretty even balance just based on the sportsmen/women I've met while out and about in WA. Then I come here and feel like I've accidentally fallen into the Democratic Underground website. You guys are just rabid. I can't believe that anyone who considers himself/herself a thinking individual would ever make such a ridiculous comment as "I'll never vote for a Republican (or Democrat)." That statement instantly kills any credibility you have in any political discussion at all. This place is as bad as hardcore right wing sites where everyone gets caught up in their own spin and propaganda so much that a real fact wouldn't be recognized as such. Just as with other hardcore left or right wing sites, this forum also has the odd opposing viewpoint outspoken individual or two that seem to post just to upset the bandwagon. You guys act like Republicans are demon-possessed and Bush is Satan incarnate, and getting a Democrat into the Oval Office would bring instant nirvana around the globe. Here's a news flash. Politicians are just that, no matter if they have a (D) or an (R) before their names.

I generally consider myself middle of the road, and I leaned slightly Democratic growing up in Alabama and vote count puts me slightly Republican over the years since I've moved to Washington, most likely due to the difference in political climate between the states. I also disagree with quite a bit of the policies that the current administration is pushing, though I want even further crackdowns on illegal immigration. I expected a fair amount of political talk in this forum, but I never expected all the nonsense I've seen here. It's a good thing I was wearing boots for my one and only trip into this forum, and I'll keep my page views to the hunting forum from now on if not avoid this site altogether after seeing this forum. You folks need to take a step back and take a few deep breaths instead of using up all your breath regurgitating political propaganda from obviously slanted sources. Take the time to actually get informed about individual politicians and make individual politicans responsible for their actions and voting records. Republican or Democrat bashing just wastes your time and effort, all the while making you look like a mindless political drone instead of a constituent. Get out, find some balance and perspective, and then support the candidates that actually deserve it.

#174786 - 04/26/06 06:39 PM Re: Wow, it's deep in here!
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun

#174788 - 04/26/06 07:28 PM Re: Wow, it's deep in here!
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Rory
beathead

#174789 - 04/26/06 07:34 PM Re: Wow, it's deep in here!
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
jason- i would disagree that it invalidates your opinion politically if you wont ever vote for one party or another....... can you say why you believe that.

the republicans highly discourage any dissent and i wuld not want to vote for their platform. because they frown so heavilly on dissent beyond the slightest degree, i dont fel like i am voting for an individual. i feel like i am voting for that team.....

the dems take their heat for not "being on the same page" but i like that fact. it means that they have the ability to disagree with eachother and have the room for many viewpoints.....in that case i feel like im voting for the individual.
my landlord is/was the head of the state republican party(bill finkbeiner) but he had a tough time with the party because he is kind of an individual and there was not much room for that

#174790 - 04/26/06 07:44 PM Re: Wow, it's deep in here!
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
also- for those willing to stick it out we really do have real conversations where we disagree with eachother but have a good discussions....its just that you get the people that only want to believe in media left/right stereotypes and want to pigeonhole people into a series of beliefs based upon one or two statements that they believe to be liberal or conservative and then its easy to get into shirts and skins pissing matches.....

stick around jason- people will suprise you and one moment you might think they are a communist and the next moment you will really agree with them.... noone in here fits perfectly into the stereotypes one way or another......not even krusty or sard.....or does anyone remember the "ah shucks" moment when "The King"(may he rest in peace) posted how ya can allways tell what season it is at his house based upon what pies are cooling on the window sill..........then we all talked about pie for a while

#174791 - 04/26/06 09:29 PM Re: Wow, it's deep in here!
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Nothin' like proving his point, Krusty. rolleyes

#174792 - 04/27/06 01:12 AM Re: Wow, it's deep in here!
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
damn im lost

#174793 - 04/27/06 09:57 AM Re: Wow, it's deep in here!
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Jason,

So you had the jueevitos to put up a lengthy discussion about group-think, but why not put that kind of effort into being the counterpoint to some actual arguments. I think this board starves soo much for a well spoken conservative viewpoint that we get liberals ghost writing as conservatives.

Sard, TK, and Rory are not their real personas. Do you really want to leave it up to a masquerading leftie to speak for you?

The sharp poison they draw from the rest of us is usually caused not by a solid intelligent argument, but usually some offensive attempt at humor. If you put up a serious point and someone comes at you with a personal attack the moderators eventually get around to whipping people back in line.

Or you can run, but that only contributes to the problem of political polarization.

VHawk

#174794 - 04/27/06 10:45 AM Re: Wow, it's deep in here!
sardonicus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Spokane, Wa.
Proud of you VHawk, a very perceptive post. But it's hard to stick to the issue when surrounded by foul mouthed juveniles. Much easier to get down and sling mud with 'em.
It would be nice to have Jason as a regular. A breeze of fresh air from a different line on the binnacle. Ciao.

#174795 - 04/27/06 12:20 PM Re: Wow, it's deep in here!
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
"Take the time to actually get informed about individual politicians and make individual politicans responsible for their actions and voting records. Republican or Democrat bashing just wastes your time and effort, all the while making you look like a mindless political drone instead of a constituent. Get out, find some balance and perspective, and then support the candidates that actually deserve it."

So Jason do you have an opinion about any politician or subject that we discuss here? Do you think Bush is doing a good job and we should stay the course? Or, do you feel like a majority of us in this forum, that he has failed and we need to go a different direction? Anything to add to the debate?

Some people assumed that, because I was against the Iraq War long before the first bombs started the killing, that I was (or had always been) a left wing democrate. NOT!!!! That is wayyyy far from the truth to say the least. I voted for Reagan twice, and Poppa Bush each and every time. There was a time when I could have been considered more of a Republican than a Democrate, because the majority of the candidates I supported were Republican. This time around that want be the case. I am sure that democrates will garner the majority of the votes I cast this time around if they don't screw up. Although,I could never vote for Joe Biden, or Lieberman, no matter which party they represented. These mouth piece Democrates are such disappointments, as well as Hillary, but I would vote for her if I had no other choice. They can all share some blame for the mess we are in. John McCann would have had a good chance at my vote, but lately he's sounding to much like Bush and creating some distrust. I would vote for Edwards or Gore (in that order), if the elction was held today.

So Jason, what do you think? Give us some guidance or hot tips please. confused

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Alpne Dan, bjcarpetguy, red river, westcoastdayton
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 212 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645379 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |