Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175200 - 05/08/06 09:33 PM Re: Impeachment proceedings
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Call me astute if you will, one article on Peak Oil speaks volumes......

Next...

#175202 - 05/08/06 09:42 PM Re: Impeachment proceedings
fishpolelease Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: port ludlow
That's funny, reading comprehension again, I'm not sure where you got that. Hubbert was the guy that came up with Hubbert's Peak (commonly known as peak oil) which was a calculation used to determine the peak and decline of a well or a region or the world, sometime back before you were born. He was a geophysicist from Shell.
(psst, not Shell's not Exxon). Chevron also recognozes that their is a peak oil problem. Supply and demand, why do you think gas is 3 bucks a allon?

#175203 - 05/08/06 10:06 PM Re: Impeachment proceedings
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

I think we all know about supply and demand, now let's ponder assumed (declared)supply and demand...

I not only comprehend what I read, I can also see that it is a hoax spawned by those who could get even wealthier/more powerfull if enough sheeple believe it.....

#175205 - 05/08/06 11:14 PM Re: Impeachment proceedings
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

So which is it AuntyM, is the world going to come to an end because we ran out of oil (Peak Oil), or is the world going to come to an end because we have too much oil (Global Warming) ?

Hmmm, looks like a couple of stories about the sky falling, which team are you on ?

#175206 - 05/09/06 12:46 AM Re: Impeachment proceedings
fishpolelease Offline
Returning Adult

You know what, Org, you are absolutley correct. The world has an unlimited supply of oil. When we start running out of dead dinosaurs in the ground to pump out the world magically reabsorbs the carbon deposits in our atmosphere from burning fossil fuels and reconstitues them into oil miles under the ground again. You are a genius, How could any one have ever possibly have beleived that there is only a limited quantity of abything? It just goes on forever indefinately without end??

#175207 - 05/09/06 12:51 AM Re: Impeachment proceedings
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

I have never said there was no end to our oil supplies, just that I can not take the word of business people without corroborating evidence........and not evidence they had their puppets provide either.

#175208 - 05/09/06 12:59 AM Re: Impeachment proceedings
fishpolelease Offline
Returning Adult

"I read the definition of Peak Oil, and a nice long article with those details included, I'm saying the whole thing is crap"

uhhh...hmmmm...??

The definition of peak oil is that eventually we are consuming the second half of a finite amount of oil. So did you not understand or "comprehend" the definition of peak oil was when you made that statement??

#175209 - 05/09/06 01:06 AM Re: Impeachment proceedings
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

I completely understand the definition of Peak Oil, and I also understand that there are people who say we are at Peak Oil, and doom is lurking...

I'm saying that their story about production tapering off at a predictable level is PURE CRAP, same for the Bell Curve story.........Let alone the crystal clear images of the future 10 years ahead of time......

Sure there will be a time when oil is harder to get, therefore less available, but technology changes, and so do estimates of the volume of oil in the ground.............probably for more than one reason too.

#175210 - 05/09/06 01:12 AM Re: Impeachment proceedings
fishpolelease Offline
Returning Adult

Hubbert's Peak was originally used to calculate the taper affect of single wells as well as regional wells. His formula has been used longer than you have been on the earth to predict the outputs of wells locally and regionally. It is a fundamental tool for geophysicists. It's like Ohm's Law, it;s the metric that allows tem to make money and stay profitable.

#175212 - 05/09/06 09:36 AM Re: Impeachment proceedings
sardonicus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Spokane, Wa.
Shades of some of the Science Fiction topics the authors used to write about. Energy Wars. Society is hooked on cheap energy, obviously it won't stay cheap, and as the third world discovers a need for more the price will soar to unbelievable levels. The nation or group of nations that are first on the bandwagon to implement renewable sources will have a long term advantage. Reactors, hydrogen fuel cells, biodesel, Ethanol, wind and wave tapped sources will all have to be explored along with geo-thermal possibilities. Mammoth Mountain and St Helens, to mention a couple, sit on pools of molten magma. Pump in water harvest steam. Sounds easy, obviously not.

#175214 - 05/09/06 12:43 PM Re: Impeachment proceedings
sardonicus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Spokane, Wa.
Yeah I know. Some of the Green Weeny concerns are valid, some are not. Some of them need an introduction to Round Up.
Nuclear energy is too good to pass up. If, I say If, reactor technology was approached in the manner of space program in the early years there would not be a problem. What makes nuclear energy scary is the lo bid process. I wonder how many astronauts lives were sacrificed to the lo bid demon. Originally Nasa did what it took to get the job done. No political mile posts to tilt, no media circus to entertain. Just get the job done. Reactors could be operated in the same manner. I can hear the screams now. Halliburton doesn't deserve that contract. etc etc Give it to Wal-Mart. The Chinese will do it cheaper. Aaagh

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1158 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |