THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176769 - 07/13/06 11:17 AM VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Subject: OLD SPECIAL FORCES OFFICER HAS HIS SAY!

VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 15:24:53 +0000

Don Bendell served as an officer in four Special Forces Groups, including a tour on a Green Beret A-team (Dak Pek) in Vietnam in 1968-1969 and was in the Top Secret Phoenix Program, is a top-selling author of 21 books, with over 1,500,000 copies of his books in print worldwide, a 1995 inductee into the International Karate Hall of Fame, and owns karate schools in southern Colorado.

His editorials were widely published in newspapers and magazines, and circulated by millions all over the world on the Internet. He has been interviewed on FOX NEWS LIVE and on many radio shows and speaks all over the country. His newest novel, CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DETACHMENT, was released worldwide by Berkley (Penguin) inDecember 2005.

SWATTING FLIES by Don Bendell

John Kerry, Teddy Kennedy, Harry Reid, John Murtha, Wesley Clark, Howard Dean, and those of your ilk, where were you when God created the world? Senator Hiram Johnson in a 1917 speech before the US Senate said, "The first casualty when war comes is truth."

I'm not speaking of George W. Bush or Dick Cheney; I refer to each of you and either your total sacrifice of integrity for the sake of political expedience, or maybe each of you has simply lost your mind, or just maybe you misplaced your testes. "Pull out of Iraq immediately," you decry, and most of you have visions of leading our country, especially in these years following the cowardly sneak attack of September 11, 2001.

You have got to be kidding! I would not follow any of you to a public undressing of Catherine Zeta-Jones, much less off to war. Whatever happened to the great statesmen of the democratic party, the John Kennedys, the FDRs, the Harry Trumans?

Wesley Clark, you are a retired Army general and John Murtha, a retired Marine colonel. Did you two completely forget our code of honor, supporting our troops, and tenacity in the face of adversity? Yes, you did, all for politics, which is empirically more important to you than the safety and psychological well-being of our fighting men and women from whose ranks you rose. How many men under your commands died, so you could betray their legacy of courage by talking about cutting and running
in the midst of a war? Neither of you served with any more honor or courage than me, and I gladly will take you to the woodpile for your comments.

Ted Kennedy, you are quite simply a political pimp, who could not even get hired as a lifeguard away from Washington or your family's money and name.

John Kerry, if I had my way, you would be in prison for treason.

And Harry Reid and John Dean, all you two have to do is occasionally open your mouths and you save me the trouble of commenting on your actions.

How dare you! How dare you aid and abet the enemies of freedom, of democracy, of man's inherent right to live without oppression, because of your egomaniacal visions of being one of the great statesmen of our time! Believe me, your actions simply will make you a speck of dust in an unread history book, and a few quickly-forgotten public flashes while being devoured by the multi-headed, gluttonous network news monster.

If you really want to go down in history, become part of the solution , not the problem. You do not publicly say our President lied to go to war. You all know better, but every time one of you makes such ignorant statements, al-Zarqawi laughs and bin-Laden chuckles. Each one of you is one of the most effective weapons of our enemy in a time of war. They use you, with your obedient cooperation. Why? So you or more in your party get into office.

What a damnable reason to betray our troops! Hanoi taught our future enemies how to manipulate such a weapon decades ago, but people like you have forgotten all about "lessons-learned" in war. They got away with it with me in the Sixties, but you are not going to get away with it with my sons in harm's way.

Every time flies like you leave the manure-pile of Beltway strategizing and try to land on the exposed skin of the American public and leave your dung-covered tracks on the minds of innocent or misled Americans, I will be t here with my fly-swatter.

And I am not alone. 'nuff said .

#176770 - 07/13/06 11:32 AM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
sardonicus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Spokane, Wa.
oorah. I know, agreeing with him is not politically correct, but, I gotta agree.

#176771 - 07/13/06 11:39 AM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

I don't know how anyone could help but agree with him...

I usually avoid the cut and paste thing, but just had to bring this one over, please forgive.

#176773 - 07/13/06 11:53 AM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Is that the only line in the message you disagree with ?

#176775 - 07/13/06 12:44 PM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

A good summary, Aunty. Mr. Bendell is as entitled to his opinions as I am to mine. No more, no less. Yawn.

#176776 - 07/13/06 03:39 PM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Wow, that's a beautiful study in hypocrisy right there. eek

A guy -- a veteran, no less -- condemning people in a democracy for voicing their displeasure with their government. Maybe it's the fact that he lives in a democracy that has him so disgruntled; perhaps he's worried that his vision of bush-facism is slipping away...

By the way, Bendell's a clown.

#176777 - 07/13/06 04:25 PM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I spoke with a booth full of Vietnam Vets at an art fair a few weeks ago...they, too, would think that Bendell is a clown. They weren't fully of phoney patriotism about Dubya's Iraq Quagmire...they pretty much think we shouldn't have ever gone, should get out now, and should get the CIC a new job...preferably clearing rubble in Fallujah.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#176778 - 07/13/06 05:32 PM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
I'm a Viet Nam Vet and I think jr. bush is a real tool that is barely in charge of his own bodily functions. jr. wasn't even stand-up enough to complete his own military obligation. "The first casualty when war comes is truth."
In the case of Irag, it was before the war. In Viet Nam, the lie about the Tonkin Gulf incident was the excuse to escalate.
The most common element between the two wars is the lie. As Wanda Sykes says 'You gotta stick with your lie". So far, jr. and his handlers have.

#176780 - 07/13/06 05:40 PM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Chuck,

I think it even goes beyond "sticking to the lie"...I think it's more like "don't really even believe they are lying".

Their Christo-Authoritarianism places them in a position of absolute authority and "rightness", which means it is morally impossible to even admit to a fault or lie. With absolute moral authority for their positions, they are literally unable to make an incorrect decision...ergo, anything they say is automatically "true".

"The first casualty when war comes is truth" indeed...indeed, the death of truth started long before the 2003 invasion of Iraq...it started back in Reagan's administration, started to bloom in H-Dubya's term, hit a speed bump during the Clinton years, and has now hit full scale death, starting within hours of G-Dubya's appointment to the Presidency.

Fish on...

Todd

#176781 - 07/13/06 06:00 PM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
sardonicus Offline
Spawner

Bah Humbug, it all started with the redefinition of 'is.' Do you really want to talk about politicians and lies. No matter how loud you scream and how much muck you throw. You wear it too.

#176782 - 07/13/06 06:16 PM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
You are wrong sardo - It started way before the redefinition of 'is'.....

#176783 - 07/13/06 09:56 PM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

...and we're not talking about lying politicians, because they all lie...I'm talking about the complete and utter inability of the Christo-Authoritarians to morally even tell a lie...hence, everything they say must be the truth.

Significantly different than lying and pretending it's the truth.

Fish on...

Todd

#176784 - 07/13/06 10:48 PM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
The issue is not the fact that they lie, it's the consequences of those lies. Ergo, a major difference between "I never had sexual relations with that woman" and "They are an imminent threat with WMDs."

#176785 - 07/14/06 01:03 AM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
"A guy -- a veteran, no less -- condemning people in a democracy for voicing their displeasure with their government."
Exactly.

Its amazing the lack of regard for those who voice dissent at their government. Its such an important part of our political culture it is expressly protected by our Bill of Rights. One of the foundational documents that represents who we are as a people far more than a flag. Yet legislative attacks on those who either exercise their constitutional rights are a far greater danger to our nation than 10,000 flag burners.

So, do we now hang those civilians who protest war? Is that a value that this nation was founded on? Seems to be something that our founding fathers would be familiar with, the danger of having their necks stretched by the noose for their public dissent.

Oregonian, do you really think Thomas Jefferson or Ben Franklin would applaud any of your blindly reproduced rhetoric? And who would they find to be a greater threat to the Republic? GW Bush or Saddam?

AuntyM,

Quote:
Not unlike that Fort Lewis Army Officer who is all over the news because he refuses to go to Iraq with his men. HANG HIM! I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.
If he truly refuses to go to war because he values peace above his own life, than he should be prepared to face a firing squad. He wouldn't be the first peace activist to die standing for his beliefs. I am curious to see what his military record is with regard to the time he has already served in Iraq.

Vhawk

#176786 - 07/14/06 01:41 AM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
"I am curious to see what his military record is with regard to the time he has already served in Iraq."
Vhawk,
I dont believe he has ever served a tour in Iraq, so I doubt his record will show anything.

#176787 - 07/14/06 03:58 AM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Your right GV. I had him mixed up with another soldier who refused to be redeployed. I don't know why, but I found it funny that Lieutenant Watada is a Public Affairs Officer.

#176788 - 07/16/06 10:18 PM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Columbia City
...they pretty much think we shouldn't have ever gone, should get out now, and should get the CIC a new job...preferably clearing rubble in Fallujah.

So "they" are the final authority? I can bring you just as many that support the action. Try asking some of the volunteers who are there now. I have. I too am a Vietnam Vet and I support the cause. Mistakes have been made. They always are. How about Korea? A damn good General got fired for wanting to do the right thing and look at where it got us. I have a brother who served heroically in Korea with the Marines. Ever heard of Chosin? He supports the action. Also have a cousin who served at Chosin and rose to top Gunnie with 30 years under his belt. He doesn't agree but he sure as hell doesn't p and moan like some who would love to see this country lose just so they could say I told you so Bush!

One more point, Bush ain't running a third term so get over it! I really hope in a sadistic sort of way that one of those screwballs the D party has been putting up for election runs and wins. Hope they have plenty of Depends!

Then we will need Jesus!

Otherwise I'm retired!

#176789 - 07/17/06 12:11 AM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
sardonicus Offline
Spawner

Bravo Jhook. My best friend survived Chosin. He to is a retired Marine Gunny.

#176790 - 07/17/06 01:48 AM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

JHook,

You're making my point for me...Vietnam vets are no different than pretty much every other walk of life in America on this issue...some support it, some don't...the original post in this thread was about how all the Vietnam vets were really speaking out in support.

I notice in your haste to make my point for me that you missed the original post...why didn't you respond to that one with the story about your cousin who doesn't support it? Needed to have someone you disagree with before you can come up to the plate?

No matter how angry you get, or how hard you try, you won't find anywhere in my above posts that say all Vietnam vets are against Bush's war in Iraq...

Fish on...

Todd

#176791 - 07/17/06 01:21 PM Re: VIETNAM VETS ARE REALLY STARTING TO SPEAK OUT!
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Columbia City
It isn't the fact that they are against it. It is the way they express their views. I can respect anyone who opposes the war but when they call our CIC and idiot and a liar and proclaim the terrorists combatants and somehow justified I get physically ill. I have utmost repect for any veteran, my retired cousin especially knowing what he went through in Korea and then went on to serve two tours in Nam. He still respects the country, just disagrees with the leadership. You will not find him out there with Michael Moore or Cindy Sheehan.

I can disagree with my wife or parents without calling them idiots and liars! Get my point?

Oh and I don't need any reason to "come up to the plate",. If I want to chime in I will. I just happened to log in here after most of you had expressed your views.

Otherwise I'm retired!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chad Lee, fish_hunter, Grady 265, pimpinshrimp, Stew, xflyzguy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1229 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645416 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |