Anonymous
Unregistered

Makes me wanna support WT,,, NOT!

http://www.save713.org/pages/7/index.htm

#181369 - 01/12/03 11:52 PM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Don't kid yourself into thinking that just because Washington Trout's name makes them sound like a friend to fishermen that they are all about protecting fish....or animals. Watch what they do and not what they say. They support and oppose causes that many on this BB think are noble but for all the wrong reasons. Their support for 713 is not rooted in their passion for poor little furry creatures caught in steel traps but for the ultimate goal of stopping hunting altogether. So goes their passion for fishing related causes. Ultimately they are more like PETA than the Sierra Club. Either way a wolf in sheep's clothing. Let them get their snout under the tent and they just might eat all your sheep.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#181370 - 01/13/03 04:19 AM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
Quote:
Originally posted by driftboater:
Makes me wanna support WT,,, NOT!

eek
I would not support them !!!holes at all.
like grandpa says there more like peta.
There also suing the fish and game depo to close hatcheries. Check out http://www.pugetsoundanglers.org/index.html

#181371 - 01/13/03 10:31 AM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trust me I was just being sarcastic about supporting them.

I have read in other threads where some are defending them, just thought it would be interesting showing how WT endorses a group that wants to eliminate our hunting and fishing heritages.
Which has many ramifications one being added burdens on an already stressed budget due to the ramifications of I-713

That was in 2000 and apparently they are still in in bed with them (note above link)

A group that endorses, supports the lies of the HSUS/Humane PAC here in Washington will never get my support. Matter of fact they can KMA!

#181372 - 01/13/03 11:23 PM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
Robert Allen3 Offline
Spawner

Loc: vancouver WA USA
I support Washington trout whole heartedly and without any reservation at all. The are the best fish conservation organization in the state. Anyone who thinks that they don't have the best interest of the fish in mind is ill informed. In my economy what is good for fish is good for fishermen.
If what you care about is having hatchery fish to kill and eat then WT is not for you However if you want there to be wild fish 20 years from now WT is for you.. frankly i'll takw 1000 wild fish than 10,000 hatchery fish. and ya know what? on a river like that i'll catch more fish, and enjoy my experience more..
Leg traps?? I could care less one way or the other...

#181373 - 01/13/03 11:47 PM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Allen3:
I support Washington trout whole heartedly and without any reservation at all. The are the best fish conservation organization in the state. Anyone who thinks that they don't have the best interest of the fish in mind is ill informed. In my economy what is good for fish is good for fishermen.
If what you care about is having hatchery fish to kill and eat then WT is not for you However if you want there to be wild fish 20 years from now WT is for you.. frankly i'll takw 1000 wild fish than 10,000 hatchery fish. and ya know what? on a river like that i'll catch more fish, and enjoy my experience more..
Leg traps?? I could care less one way or the other...
Well, people like me care and I can promise you, they will never see a dime from me because of that issue. I commit sizable donations to a few conservation organizations every year as well as my time... sorry, but I am a hunter first, I'll make sure my friends hear of this as well.

#181374 - 01/14/03 01:22 AM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well Mr. Allen3

Maybe a little education in the HSUS agenda is needed.
Here are some facts about Washington Trouts bed partner.
http://www.fatpet.com/elvessa/rights.html

Take real close look at #8
Maybe when they target something a little closer to you, you may start caring.

here is a clip from a recent email newsletter I recieved from SCI
==================
Pro-Fishing Bill

US Representative Collin Peterson (D-MN) recently introduced HR 3547, the Freedom to Fish Act. If signed into law, the bill will publicly acknowledge the right to fish and give anglers a say in the fishing regulatory process.

Animal rights groups are engaged in an all-out war against angling. They are determined to see it banned . The passage of HR 3547 would undercut the smear campaigns and misinformation tactics of these rabid extremists.

SCI backs HR 3547, and urges sportsmen to contact their Representatives in Congress. Voice your support for this important legislation.

=============================

Not to far away from going after fishing huh!
PeTA targeted the Boy Scouts fishing merit badge recently and we all know how PeTA and HSUS are from the same bean sprout.

Here is a little saying I heard once,
" All it takes for the evil to triumph, Is for good men to do nothing" So, maybe your take on leghold traps needs to be revisited? It all ties together

#181375 - 01/14/03 05:31 AM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard

#181376 - 01/14/03 09:19 AM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
The support of "Washington Trout" by the anti-hatchery/ wild fish purists is ok...I just don't agree with the goal of supporting a group like that. Kind of like the KKK changing its name to " "The Black People Are My Buddy Club".....Oh yes I will support them because they are good....Good work to promote sports fishing and hunting is NOT in a name..it is in the deeds. Watch what WT does and not what they call themselves or say.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#181378 - 01/14/03 12:12 PM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey AuntyM

Look about 1/2 way down on the right side for a link that say's "Freedon to Fish Act" wink

Having that link on their site, one would tend to agree that they are in support of it..

#181379 - 01/14/03 12:22 PM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wonder what stance WT will take on this bill?

Will they go against their anti friends in HSUS? I couldnt find any mention to it on their website, should we just make an assumption they are against it? laugh

#181380 - 01/14/03 01:16 PM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
lobo Offline
Fry

Loc: Buckley,WA
I've heard sentiments like Robert's too many times and frankly it scares me more than just a little bit. I've attended rallies and meetings for HSUS, PETA, PAWS, and NARN and I can tell you that they have a strategy that counts on good folks like Robert to say to themselves "I don't see how banning leg hold traps affects me so I don't care". They are using the classic divide and conquer tactics proven so effevtive by the Nazis. We need to recognize that because so few sportsmen took action they won the battle for hound hunting for cougars, they beat us again with the bait ban for bears, and once again with I-713. The residents of this state have paid the consequences for those ill-conceived laws ever since. Some foresight on the part of this great state's passionate sportsmen and women will tell us that each time we lose one of these battles that seemed insignificant at the time, we give the wackos more momentum and we have sold out some of our fellow sportsmen who we may need when the time comes for the battle for our pet outdoor hobby. If they come after bowhunting in this state, which they may do as soon as 2004, will the rifle hunters lay back and say " I don't hunt with a bow so why should I care"? If so, do you think the bowhunters are going to have a chance? No way! If this trend continues, all hunting and fishing could eventually fal prey to the rats in these extremist groups. I hope it doesn't happen, but I see it unfolding in here and in other states like Maryland. I hope we don't let it continue.

lobo

#181381 - 01/14/03 10:47 PM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Loved the "divide and conquer" observation, Lobo......very effective method of accomplishing something. All that is necessary is to provide conflict between two groups, or many groups, and all of a sudden an otherwise minor group becomes the majority.

A very good reason, I would think, to stick together and not tear each other up, eh? How many controversial subjects are discussed here where we divide ourselves? What differences are really important?

I recognize that no matter what I choose to do, I can find a support group. Even if what I choose to do is walk down the street, shooting old ladies, I could find a someone who would pat me on the back and say, "OH, Good Shot!"

My point is, I believe that we all enjoy the same thing......hunting. Some of us hunt critters, some of us hunt fish.....there is something primal about it, and How we choose to do it individually seems to me to be not so important as recognizing that we all enjoy what we do.

if the fish are biting, they must be biting each other

#181382 - 01/16/03 10:00 PM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
SalmonFisherJeff Offline
Smolt

Proud member of the REAL P.E.T.A (People Eating Tasty Animals).

Quote:
Originally posted by micropterus101:
Quote:
Originally posted by driftboater:
[b] Makes me wanna support WT,,, NOT!

eek
I would not support them !!!holes at all.
like grandpa says there more like peta.
There also suing the fish and game depo to close hatcheries. Check out http://www.pugetsoundanglers.org/index.html [/b]

Get Hooked!

#181383 - 01/16/03 10:43 PM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
nitefishin Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: felony way
Looks like save I-713 is mostly if not totally endorsed by DEMOCRATS, therefore i believe it will be a very tuff fight to beat these I-713,P.E.T.A. wacko's sense this state is mostly made up of the democrat persuasion. beathead

#181384 - 01/16/03 11:10 PM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by nitefishin:
Looks like save I-713 is mostly if not totally endorsed by DEMOCRATS, therefore i believe it will be a very tuff fight to beat these I-713,P.E.T.A. wacko's sense this state is mostly made up of the democrat persuasion. beathead
But we don't have a direct democracy. Our representation in the state house and senate are very closely divided in terms of party, democrats definitely do not dominate decision making.

Ohh.. and as a side note. I noticed one of the state senators listed on the I-713 website is someone I know personally... That must be a very old list, because she gave up her seat last year so she could be a King County Councilwoman.

#181385 - 01/17/03 12:11 AM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
nitefishin Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: felony way
Maybe they should update thier list so they can better inform us.

#181386 - 01/17/03 12:15 AM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by nitefishin:
Maybe they should update thier list so they can better inform us.
Why would they want to?? "Senator" has a lot more power/pull associated with it than does "councilwoman." Isn't like I-713 supporters are hung up on telling the truth or anything.

#181387 - 01/18/03 12:52 AM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by lobo:
I've heard sentiments like Robert's too many times and frankly it scares me more than just a little bit. I've attended rallies and meetings for HSUS, PETA, PAWS, and NARN
hahahaha,, we may have bumped into eachother at those gatherings. Did you make the "Compassion Conference" last March?
I was sitting in the Political Change seminar listening to Lisa Wathne of the HSUS/PAC Their dedication, forethought and organizational skills, just flat out scare me. They know what they are doing, they have a clear plan and they are diligent in carrying it out.

Washington Trout if you want to share the same bed as the HSUS go ahead, but you will never get any support from me and I will encourage others to boycot.

#181388 - 01/21/03 01:09 AM Re: Washington Trout Endorses the HSUS and I-713
BILGERAT Offline
Parr

Loc: TROUTDALE OREGON
I consider OREGON TROUT to be an anti-fishing organization. They helped start WT.
OT is becomming successful in making Oregon's
Salmon & Steelhead museum objects.
Mostly well intentioned but ill informed folks who don't fish and when they do it's mostly up north or on private property.
One also needs to consider that there are no successfull Salmon/Steelhead hatcheries in the world. Still without hatcheries there will be NO FISHING. Don't bother flaming me as you probably have not been around long enough to know what your talking about if your under 50 and have not been actively involved in the fish wars for 30+ years.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (fp), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |