Three Rivers Marine

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#184166 - 02/07/03 06:38 PM Re: PRESIDENT BUSH STATE OF THE UNION
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Oh brother, sucked in again.

JLH, I let you have the last word and that wasn't good enough, you took a second last word. wink

STLhead,
Without a doubt, big oil will make a killing - heck, they all ready are judging by the latest increases at the pump. I'm not naive on this point. rolleyes What my point is that I can clearly give links that show why France and Russia are up to their elbows in oil and why they are really behaving the way they are. It has nothing to do with not wanting war, they don't want to lose their position in Iraq. What I am asking is that since the anti-war crowd like to crow that this is an oil war, show me some concrete proof rather than speculation. I'm willing to be swayed, but not by opinions. Show me the BIG OIL links. Because the only big oil links I've found so far are French and Russian links.

After doing some research on the net I didn't find any conspiracy supporting documents. Indeed, of interest is that most of the oil exported from Iraq goes thru Russia, China, and others. The US ends up getting about 556,000 bls/d of oil from Iraq.

If we were going to speculate about big oil, I'd say they would be most happy if a war broke out and the fields were destroyed, not captured intact. Why? Because then oil prices soar from the shortage, and oil field repair divisions find themselves very busy. If the fields are captured intact that represents a flood of oil on to the market and downward pressure on prices. Right now oil prices are soaring and that I'm sure is making BIG OIL very happy. If we actually capture Iraq fields intake I suspect oil companies will not exactly be overjoyed.

Google.com is a good search engine to find articles related to the topics we are discussing. Here are links to various articles:

http://www.forbes.com/business/newswire/2003/02/06/rtr873019.html

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/iraq.html

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N06239338

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/02/20030206-13.html

http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/news/0203/07kuwoil.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2726269.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2670083.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2670083.stm

#184167 - 02/07/03 07:13 PM Re: PRESIDENT BUSH STATE OF THE UNION
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
I trade stocks for a living. Oil field companies are hot as fire right now. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Mike, you are right on target. Russia and France's positions are definitely based out of their economic interests. Big surprise, politics is almost always about economic interest.

#184168 - 02/08/03 12:05 AM Re: PRESIDENT BUSH STATE OF THE UNION
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Jesse James and his band of outlaws ride in and take the loot(OIL). eek Without the U N that is the way the rest of the World will view it. rolleyes

Seeing Tom Ridges face In the news, with all those vague terrorist alerts does nothing to decrease the treat of terrorism if we are over there bombing the heel out of those people and the U N being denied time for a proper evaluation and decision. mad If we go in without the U N, the terrorist will have more countries willing to shelter them. rolleyes Tom Ridges standing in front of a camera telling us the terrorist are coming, would be the understatement of the year. But wait that could change to, at this point I don't see a scarcity of understatements, seems that they're in abundance now. laugh

Let those cash registers start jingling, while the bombs are a killing. Man I don't need a new Loomis that bad. beathead Time to look into other souces of energy or stop using so much.

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#184169 - 02/08/03 12:36 AM Re: PRESIDENT BUSH STATE OF THE UNION
racerdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: longview
Saddam killed more people than that dictator milo of serbia and we bomb the crap out of him and his army then try him as a war criminal.Germany after world war one agreed to a cease fire and sanctions that prohibited them from machinations of war.Then hitler came along and broke all of the agreements to the cease fire and the rest is history. Im not comparing eye rack to germany but there is similarities.If europe wouldnt have stood by and let germany build up its armed forces against the agreements and treaties perhaps history may have been different.Just my humble observations. what

#184170 - 02/08/03 11:00 AM Re: PRESIDENT BUSH STATE OF THE UNION
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
I'm cocerned that by us doing the wrong thing toward Palitinian issues(which are valid) and continue to support Israeli aparthied at what ever cost, History will more that likely start to compare our actions to Hitlers. Could it be why we( the U S) want support a court system (World) with the power to prosecute war crimes. rolleyes Don't think Hitler would have liked the idea either. I'm sure that he(Hitler) would also care less what a U N body represents. Just hope that we don't go down that road.

Seems that our deplomacy is based on the our way(right or wrong, the hell with the rest of the World and the U N)or we will use WMD to take our way. Why risk our future and the World's, by staring a Nuclear snow ball(first strike) that could get so huge it could consume the entire planet. Not to mention all those microbes that could make the plagues of the middle ages look like the common cold, in comparison. beathead Once that Avalanche gets started it could be to late. We, in our life time, have a huge responsibility for the future of mankind on planet Earth. I sure don't want us to blow it. frown

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#184171 - 02/12/03 06:02 AM Re: PRESIDENT BUSH STATE OF THE UNION
steelyman Offline
Parr

Loc: yakima
I do believe that our President made his case for war. I believe that we are a nation that is capable of acting on our own to solve the problems that we as a nation are face with.Do we have to ask permission from the united nations to protect our values and beliefs that generations before us has fought for???? Do we the people choose to believe the media or the president when it comes to war in Iraq. Our former president clinton knew that Bin laden was a threat. He knew because bin laden claimed resonsibility for the bombing of the U.S. embassy in africa. Our former pres. knew where bin laden was at that time and he choose to send a destroyer to the area and launch cruise missles at a asprin factory. President clinton could have save many lives if he would have had the balls to send in our special operations units at that time to eliminate the threat of bin laden. But no its easier to sit back and launch some missiles at a target and not sacrafice any American blood.
Well folk times have changed, four airplanes with americans were flown into our buildings killing thousands!!!We all saw it. They have declared war already!!They have struck the first blow. The Iraqi people danced in the streets!!!!Burning our flag!!!! Cheering as our innocent men, and woman burned and were crushed!!!If only they all could be with us for one moment to take this poll. What would thier vote be. Does anyone feel like I do??? Do we sit back and wait for the next Islamic extremist, or crazy dictator to figure out how to strike us??? The UNITED NATIONS laid out laws for sadaam to follow. Did he follow what was set forth???NO Should the USA have to lay the law down???NO the UNITED NATIONS should!!!!! But they are spineless, and more concerned with trying to talk the crazy bastaard in to giving in!! how many people think that its a good idea to try and talk a bully into not being a bully???? Inspections???
How easy do you think it is for sadaam to hide some chemicals and biological weapons??? Dig a hole And bury it! not to hard ehh? Mobile units????sure you bet.Easier to hide cause all you have to do is watch the inspectors leave their compound call ahead with the direction of travel and then move any trucks that are in that direction...Wake up folks! those of you who say that the former Bush should have done the job 12 Years ago. YOUR EXACTLY RIGHT!!! but he didnt he gave into the united nations and their pressure to just push sadaam out of Kuwait, and then set up insepections to disarm sadaam.Now many of you are wanting to listen to the united nations again!?!?!?!???? "give them more time. Let the inspections take place. Maybe in a year if the inspectors find something then it will be ok to go in and get him." What B.S.!!! Folks our president is a man that I would serve under!!
He is doing the best to not let SEPT 11TH happen again. Bin laden is a terrorist with limited resources.sadaam huesian is a HITLER,
with a whole nation behind him. I think that he has the capabilities to harm us just as dramatically as binladen did.
Folks in closing, I would like to remember those who died on that awful day.May they rest in peace, God be with them! May their families that were left behind be comforted by the knowledge that we have a president that will do all in his power to protect our people.
Lets go and get that insane
bastaard! May God protect our
troops in battle. shoot

#184172 - 02/12/03 04:12 PM Re: PRESIDENT BUSH STATE OF THE UNION
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
http://64.224.14.56/EUNI/july_02/saddam_04.html

Kind of a funny sight on the subject

#184173 - 02/12/03 04:31 PM Re: PRESIDENT BUSH STATE OF THE UNION
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
SteelyMan hello

LT thats a good one!

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1408 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |