THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191252 - 03/19/03 02:55 PM Lets brag up our boats!!!
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Thought it would be fun to talk about our boats. Brag them up some!! They dont have to be new, or pretty, or even cost much. We all love to be in the and tinker in them when we cant be on the water. Hell, I even climb in mine and just sit there from time to time! (my wife thinks theres something wrong with that...I'll never understand that!) Describe how its set up, or whatever it is that make your boat YOURS. Pictures encouraged.... I'll post mine later.

#191253 - 03/19/03 03:25 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Good one Elk...

You area not alone about sitting it it... I have been caught doing the same thing but I usually tell her I am tightening something up... laugh

I have a 16' Fiber Form I bought and redid just about everything. I took everything out of the boat. Installed new seats, carpeting, fuel tank. Has two fishfinders, two dr's and Bimini I bought off of ebay for a great deal. I have almost run out of things I can do to it. It sure is a fun boat...

So I have found a new boat that I will hopefully get this summer... Now this will be fun!

#191254 - 03/19/03 03:45 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
i have a 7' bucks bag pontoon BOAT, it rows very nice, good color, i could even put a .50 cal machine gun on it..and a large fan, blow me across the sand, turn it into a war machine..

#191255 - 03/19/03 03:49 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Lets see.... Port Gardner Marina.... Nice Arima. Tax return coming soon, maybe I'll beat you there! evil

Just Kidding! My "baby" is a 20 Hewescraft Searunner with a 100hp Yahama 4 stroke and an 8 hp yamaha 4 stroke kicker. It has a "full canvas cover" that can come apart in three pieces. So I can cover the cabin area, tte open bow, or the rear fishing area, either all together or separately. I recently (saturday) installed a new finder (the 240 blue I've been posting all the questions about) I will have a hookup for in at the console and at the rear of the boat for trolling. I have 2 downriggers (manual frown ) but will be upgrading after tax $$$ comes to a scotty electric. I have a gps and marine radio. I LOVE my boat and am not ashamed to been seen sitting in it reading fishing magazines in my driveway! Does that make me a bad person??? confused I'll try and post a picture, maybe someone can help with a name!!

#191256 - 03/19/03 03:51 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
Fishslayer75 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
I have a few but my baby is my 1978 20ft searay deep vee. I bought her and the first thing I did was yank out the 2 rear seats on either side of the engine cover. I then added a x-85 F.F, 3 scotty elect. and an OMC hydrolic bracket for the kicker. I put a 02 yami H.T 8 on the back and then installed a TR-1 auto piliot. She is nothing great to look at but she has never let me down. For some reason she is also a fish killing machine (more then any other that I've owned) She will handle anything from the big C to 30 miles out of westport in pretty poor weather. I also have a 02 diamond back drifter and an older 17 ft flat bottom sled. Yeah I've been caught sitting in mine more then once also beer

#191257 - 03/19/03 03:52 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Berkley- The whole point of this thread was to ESCAPE the war talk!!!! However, 50 caliber machine gun could take a while to install. MORE TIME IN THE BOAT!!! YAHOO! hello

#191258 - 03/19/03 04:01 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Hey now... I was just thinking about doing a little photo editing! cool

Wait. Go ahead and buy it...You can just take me out in her then laugh laugh

#191259 - 03/19/03 04:06 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Hey Pmartin,

When did you buy your Fiberform, and where? Would it by any chance be light blue with an 80hp Merc on the back?

#191260 - 03/19/03 04:12 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Pretty close to two years ago. it's baby poop yellow and has a 40 Suzuki! Not much to look at but then again it sure is fun ! The inside looks brand new though!

#191261 - 03/19/03 04:14 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
rola76 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Wapato, WA
Here's my baby...2001 Weldcraft Renegade w/ 4.3L Vortec (225hp) and 9.9hp 4-stroke Yamaha kicker w/ Panther steering, 4-vent heater/defroster, full canvas, AM/FM Stereo w/CD and upgraded speakers, 4 rod holders, 6-tube vertical rod holders, marine VHF, compass, dual depth finders, CR anchor, 150qt. cooler, and a G-Loomis sticker on the windshield!!

That's about it, but I'm plenty happy with it!!

#191262 - 03/19/03 04:24 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
The reason I asked is because I sold my 16' Fiberform (the one I described) to a guy in Lake Stevens about 5 years ago. I loved that old boat too, and sometimes wonder if she's still out catching fish.

#191263 - 03/19/03 04:35 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
I have a plain jane 1997 15' Smokercraft Alaskan SS,with a 1997 oil injected Yamaha 25.
It's not a hole lotta boat,but gets me into fish from all the lakes to the Sound and Seiku. It's done all I ever wanted to do,but the need for a bigger boat is in the near future. I just gotta get my wife to get her act together and get a better job,so I can stay retired and get my new boat. laugh

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#191264 - 03/19/03 04:45 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
baddawg Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett WA
Just bought a 94 Arima Sea Ranger last fall, 1994 90hp Evenrude, 2003 8hp Honda kicker. 2 electric downriggers, garmin 160 blue finder, vfh and am/fm casset radios. I have only had it out a couple of times since I bought it but it runs good. I have spent most of the winter rewiring the electronics ( the previous owners idea of wiring was find a hot wire, cut it and then twist the new wire to it, use tape if you have any which he usually didn't, don't think he knew what a fuse was). I also relocated my batteries, hooked up the kicker to run off the main fuel tank. The next projects are a black box, GPS chartplotter, possibly trim tabs and putting the name on the side of the boat. Can't wait to get her in the shape I want. I also have spent some time getting the trailer ready with new tires, bearings, bearing buddies and wiring.
Hope to have the "DAWG FISH" ship shape in the next couple of months. beer

#191265 - 03/19/03 04:48 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
elkrun Offline
Spawner

4Salt-
I miss my old boat too.... beer When I moved across state to Port Angeles, my needs changed. I kept that boat for one year here. I used it in the strait and even as far out as swiftsure bank! My friends called it the death plank, probably for minimal freeboard I suspect. (It looked like it would take in water on a calm day!) eek It was so low to the water (basically an 18ft jon boat) I actually had a sockeye at lake washington jump in and then bounce out of it.... the fish wasn't even hooked. That right there told me I had a special boat! My wife "forced" me to sell it and but a new boat (twist my arm!) Some guide in Alaska bought it! I know his clients are happy. I had hundreds of ducks, smallmouth, steelies, salmon, and even 2 deer in that boat. I miss her..... cry

#191266 - 03/19/03 05:08 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
I guess I have no reason to brag.

--------------------------Its a driftboat.

My other boat ------------------------canoe.

what ever floats your boat, eh

moose

#191267 - 03/19/03 05:42 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Coho-
Theres nothing wrong with a driftboat! Sometimes you might have to put on raingear so you can go sit in it in the driveway, but thats a minor setback! Actually, whenever I see Lazydrifter (from the board) he is always telling me about the modifications he's making to his driftboat. In fact, I think he's going to make one for me. (He does'nt know it yet though laugh )

#191268 - 03/19/03 06:09 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
racerdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: longview
2003 16' North River 82" beam 40hp Honda tiller 5hp Merc kicker, Eagle fishmark full fm top and yes i sit in it alot with brew in hand.

#191269 - 03/19/03 06:09 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
Erndog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Covington
Well when the wife and I first bought our 96 Bayliner c Capri open bow 19.5, its was basically for the sunny days. Now that we have a litttle one (3 yr old) it wasn't getting much use. So the boat became mine. Yes I said mine, not ours, not hers, but mine laugh . Man that feels good to say. Lets all say it together MY BOAT hello . Anyways I got tired of the old motor mooching in the sound and tried of adding a bucket to slow me down when trolling. So I added a few things. 2 Cannon Mag 10 elec. DR's, cheap wide 100 Hummingbird (it works for now) & a poor man kicker, Happy Troller Plate. Plus took out the two rear seats for more room. Since adding these fine futures I have become a better salt water fisherman. Heck I won a rod with it. What can I say its paying off for me. Looking to add more to it this summer. Looking to have a full custom top made for those cold Black Mouth days to keep warm and dry.

On a side note, Fishslayer75 is not joking when he says he has a fish catching machine. Everytime I saw him out there, FISH ON.

Fish on,

ErnDog

#191270 - 03/19/03 06:18 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Only mod that Coho has made to his driftboat is to add about 300lbs of aluminum to it.....

laugh beer

Tight lines

Kevin

#191271 - 03/19/03 06:20 PM Re: Lets brag up our boats!!!
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
There are two boats in the driveway. The big one is a 20' '98 Alumaweld Intruder with a 2002 200 Merc and a 8 hp Merc kicker. The little boat is a 14' '89 Lund with a 20 hp Merc. and Minn Kota trolling motor. Love both of them!

Side note: My first boat was a 17' Blue Fin with a 90 Evinrude, 8 hp kicker, live well, depth finder, two downriggers and full canvas. At my divorce trial, my ex cried to the judge, "can I please have the boat? I really intend to take the children fishing". She got the boat............and then sold it two months later. mad

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1265 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |