Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191632 - 03/21/03 07:06 PM Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
I do not know if WA. trout has the solid science to back their claim, but I have a question for you. If you assume that WA. Trout is right, and that continuing that way we are i.e. largest hatchery system in the world, would you be in favor of continuing hatcheries as we do now even IF it certainly meant that wild chinook will go completly extinct?

I am not asking for argumrents here just which way you would vote if it were up to you.

#191633 - 03/21/03 07:19 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
I am against this lawsuit brought on by WA trout because they haven't backed up their assertions suffiently and stopping the hatchery, unless I am missing something, would take away our recreational fishery in the sound. Your second option of "doing things they way they are, even if it means wiping out wild chinook is worded as if the only option is to wipe out wild chinook, thus I did not vote.

#191634 - 03/21/03 07:30 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

It is a HYPOTHETICAL question. I am not saying Washington Trout is right or wrong. Nor am I saying the two options in my poll are the only options. I just wondered what people would do IF those were the only two options.

#191635 - 03/21/03 10:17 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Your poll is ludicrous. Washington Trout has a very narrow agenda, to stop all hatcheries..period. Not to save anything. Your poll does not provide the real option of reforming bad hatchery practices which WDFW is now doing. Yes they are late in doing so but eliminating hatcheries cold turkey means eliminating fishing right now. Try a new poll. How many people think hatcheries can be reformed to protect wild stock AND provide a viable fishery. Or how many people think Washington Trout has a hidden agenda?

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#191636 - 03/21/03 10:24 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Grandpa:

Feel free to do any poll you want. Feel free to start any topic you want. But my poll was simply to know if many folks would willingly wipe out wild salmon in order to protect their fishing opportunities.

Read this slooowly and try to comprehend. I don't know if Wa trout is right or wrong. I don't know if they have a hidden agenda. I just wonder how many would choose to keep a fishing opportunity for hatchery fish even if it meant wiping out wild stocks. Pretty simple question. No debate asked for, encouraged or participated in by me.

#191637 - 03/21/03 10:27 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I agree that the poll is misleading... Thats a BIG logical assumption that their claims are correct. Theres also a lot of other ifs involved here.... I think I'll pass on this one because the data could send the wrong message to that group. I'm all for saving the salmon, steelhead, and trout. I could just see our user group being the only group forced to give something up. It certainly wouldn't be allowed by the other two big consumers of the fisheries.

#191638 - 03/22/03 12:35 AM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
surecatch: Would you rather beat your wife or stop fishing?

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#191639 - 03/22/03 12:29 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
pimpinshrimp Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: whatcom county
I agree with grandpa. This poll sucks

#191641 - 03/22/03 03:06 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
bentpole Offline
Juvenille at Sea

it was just a poll!!!!!!!!!!!
one man was asking a hypothetical ?
he asked for no debate.
don't reply or vote if you don't like it.
and don't brow beat someone for asking, misleading or not!!!!!!!!!!!!

#191643 - 03/22/03 03:55 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
Keep doing things the way we have? What a crock. This poll is so byassed.

You left out, do something that will bring the fish back in numbers large enough so it doesnt matter how many of each other the eat! Something like get rid of the nets!. Yes, yes I know thats my answer to everything, well can you think of any other single action that will do the most right now? remember surecatch just the facts.

#191644 - 03/22/03 03:58 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
bentpole Offline
Juvenille at Sea

one nice thing about where we live is the freedom to speak, another nice thing about where we live is ability to walk away when we don't like something.

#191645 - 03/22/03 04:14 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

rolleyes rolleyes

Oh ya like I am really going to just walk away and turn my back on the destruction of our fisheries thats a good one. I am sure washington trout would just love it if everybody who dissagreed just walked away.

dont look and it wont hurt ya right.

#191646 - 03/22/03 04:32 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
bentpole Offline
Juvenille at Sea

micro
I'm referring to this poll.
and this poll was one mans ? weather or not i agree with what he said is a different story. but i will defend his right to post what he wants, so if you wanna get bent out of shape do it.

#191647 - 03/22/03 04:54 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Your right he has just as much right to post this poll as i have to get bent out of shape.

#191648 - 03/22/03 04:57 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
bentpole Offline
Juvenille at Sea

mic. you sure are a level headed clear thinker I hope to hell you would never fall in to a position to represent these these people on this board

#191649 - 03/22/03 08:48 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by bentpole:
one nice thing about where we live is the freedom to speak, another nice thing about where we live is ability to walk away when we don't like something.
We also have the right to write a response to how stupid this poll is too. Gotta love this country! thumbs

#191650 - 03/23/03 02:10 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
bentpole Offline
Juvenille at Sea

yes you do, but out of respect for a fellow fishermen who asked for this not to be argued, just polled you should have given that respect. but you didn't so it just goes to show how selfish someone can be!

#191651 - 03/23/03 08:06 PM Re: Would you stop palnting hatchery fish IF
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by bentpole:
yes you do, but out of respect for a fellow fishermen who asked for this not to be argued, just polled you should have given that respect. but you didn't so it just goes to show how selfish someone can be!
BP - Your insight is simply amazing, read a couple of posts and determine I'm selfish. cry My feelings are hurt, I hope your happy now. I have to ask though... His right to ask us not to respond outweighs our right to respond? In that case, from here on out I want everyone to agree with everything I say. If you dont agree, please dont post it just keep it to yourself. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1026 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645362 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |