Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#193042 - 04/10/03 02:39 AM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
skydriftin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: everett,wa
Yes, but in my opinion the life of 1 American GI is worth more than the 23 million of them.

#193043 - 04/10/03 07:19 AM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Skydriftin......I doubt any of the GI's you refer to would agree.....and I suspect the ratio of people benefiting from each GI's sacrifice far exceeds numbers which are calculable.

beer

#193044 - 04/10/03 05:16 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
BillyBob Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kapowsin, Wa
Skydriftin, freeing 23 million people was just a by-product of disarming a dangerous kook. We needed to go in and "nip him at the bud" before we had another 9/11 or worse.

If the loss of 1 American G.I. is not accpetable for this cause, what cause do you think is acceptable for Americans to die for?

#193045 - 04/10/03 06:43 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
skydriftin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: everett,wa
read my post at the top of the page

#193046 - 04/11/03 11:25 AM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
you right people... i am a bully for telling people that are advocating violence against other americans, that i will give them money to try. it just shows that the same people who advocate violence are usually tha last to back up what they say? and no i am not mistaking my wallet for my balls. I will donate the proceeds to a steelhead charity. and after i take your money, i might even give it to washington trout just to piss you off further . now is there any takers or just talkers?

anglin- you are right... sporties(in general) are the biggest bunch of talkers out there. i really see what you were saying in your last post.

ps. more than a 100 soldiers fighting in the gulf right now along with thousands of police officers are safer in their jobs right now due to the martial arts training that i have taught them! what have you rednecks taught them? beat up poachers if ya have to but going after the people in your country for simply disagreeing with you is basically doing the terrorists job for them. "walk softly but carry a big stick" well in america we carry a big stick.....we still need to learn to walk softly!

#193047 - 04/11/03 11:44 AM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
Chappy,
Now there is a poll Id like to see.
Does a soldier feel safer with martial arts training or his M16???
I bet I could guess the answer to that one.

#193049 - 04/11/03 12:10 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
Nothing like a good intentional misspelling to liven up the conversation...eh?

#193050 - 04/11/03 12:13 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

duroboat-ask him when he loses his m16

aunty em- are you for real? you sound like a very angry and disturbed person. your right you getting soldiers druck is much more patriotic than my training them! what are you? a brothel or a human?

#193052 - 04/11/03 12:49 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Chappy-
Do you really intend for your posts to sound as bad as they do when we read them? Honestly, your posts make you sound like an a$$. I really doubt your anything close to this abrasive in person. You might even be a nice guy. I understand your passion for your ideas, but when you express them, your tone repels people from your side of an issue. We all have had pissy posts (myself included) but yours always have a negative, "I'll kick your A$$" spin on them. Theres really no place or need for that here.

#193053 - 04/11/03 12:52 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
Little Fish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, Washington

#193054 - 04/11/03 01:08 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

elk run- i understand what you are saying but why is negative and conservative "normal posts" and anything negative or positive from a liberal perspective "agitator" or "pissy" i was not the one saying they were going to beat up protestors. i just said where they could find one. too many out there mistake their wallet for their balls. All i did was call them on it. and like aunty em did you read right over the debate part? its pure hypocricy. I dont go arounfd fighting or mad or picking fights . all I have done is respond in kind to those who have! but I am the guilty one cuz im the one liberal not the thousand conservatives! why is it that you cant write anything from an environmental perspective or long term perspective without being attacked personally but people can spew venomouse anti anything good statements and its just another post. i am realizing that most of these board members are the exact problem that they blame the indians or govt or commercial guys for. if native killing, peace hating, river draining, clear cutting rednecks hate me than all the better. If they want to hurt protestors I would rather they get their energy out on me than some young kid or my mom or someone else that is anti-war. there are times that one needs to reduce themselves to the level of the conversation in order to make a point. dont blame me for sinking to that level. blame the level of conversation.

#193055 - 04/11/03 01:19 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Good Post Little Fish-

Chappy- No-one including myself wants to beat up protesters, so your comments are misguided. The intent of the post was to make a point, nothing more. Read a little more carefully next time.

#193057 - 04/11/03 02:58 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
AuntyM-

You are right, I usually do speak up when threats of physical harm arise, mostly because I think they are epitome of cyber-stupid.

In the context of this thread though I figure it made better sense just to let it go...they are doing an adequate job of exposing the stupidity of such statements without my help.

If one guys says 'punch 'em in the nose' and then says 'I was just joking' that kind of already starts the whole thing down the wrong road IMO, joking or not. It sets up the next guy to say "I'll punch you in the nose (insert appropriate icons) hahaha, I was joking too"...

On an interpersonal level, this whole thread is a mirror for American foreign policy.

Just like our friend 'T' Aunty, the chapster would do well to take all of this BB stuff less personally. Hehehehe....still working on that myself here and there. wink

#193058 - 04/11/03 03:17 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

very true h2o . i really dont take this as seriousely as people think. i am usually having a laugh when I write the radical stuff. I guess i am having a little "andy kaufman style fun" but my whole point is dont say stuff about beating up protestors from the safety of your keyboard if you dont really mean it. i am not really a rich a$$. that $2,000 is actually the entire sum of my bank account right now but i wanted to show that there are people like myself that walk sofly (yes I really do walk softly) and carry a big stick that will take you up on your offer. And I dont believe that anyone was truley kidding about punching protestors. its happening alot. of course, there are many protestors that are acting way out of line as well with painting cars and disrupting traffic.

#193059 - 04/11/03 03:33 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Chappy-
I'm going to have to disagree with you. I did read the debate part, and I still think you are being too assertive here. Its not a liberal conservative thing at all. I have heard some pretty good cases made by both sides of several issues on this board without it degenerating to threats.
I have heard many say that the US needs to not act as the police for the entire world, such is the case with you here. You dont need to draw the venom from others here in order to protect the weak. Its not that serious.
Again, I'm sure that you're a decent enough guy. You seem passionate about fishing and the environment. It is also a possibility that people are misreading the tone of your posts, as often happens with this type of communication. But, I'd venture a guess that if it doesn't tone down, you wont be posting here much longer. Later.

#193061 - 04/11/03 03:52 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
Doug P Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Redmond
AuntyM,
If you are going to be the referee, at least call the game with some semblance of fairness. You missed the first three or four fouls. Vic admitted he was being a smart ___. Where are the rest of them? Read the first few responses. If you lean too far to the starboard, you will get all wet.

#193062 - 04/11/03 04:09 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

aunty im trying to find some common ground here and you are continuing with insults and personal attacks.
elkrun- why should i get kicked off when so many are writing so much more forcefull, aggressive, assertive comments than I. the only difference I see is that those are coming from the conservative perspective. people e-mail me all the time and tell me that i am going to get kicked off. I hope they dont kick me off but i think that would only be censorship if they do and will only serve to limit the scope of diversity and strength in the fishing communtity. disagreement fuels learning. remember hitler tried to create a society where everyone thought the same . so did sadamm. no dissenting opinion in iraq was allowed. is this board going to be built to look like america , with all sorts of views ...or iraq? I am passionate about what i believe in and one thing I have learned is that unpassionate people dont do anything. both ghandi and martin luther king were thought of as very angry, passionate people when they were in their respective movements. now they are known as champions of peace. George
Washington didnt cross the delaware out of happiness. like I said. I am sure that i get misinterpretted (i do type a lil fast sometimes and forget to correct stuff) but i am not raging or unhappy when i write that stuff. If you go back thru my posts, i think they would only be over the top to people who have made personal attacks against me or against other americans for protesting. If I am wrong in that than i would say it was misinterpretation or maybe i had too much coffe that day. the fact is I dont feel like writing post in response to everything i agree with , I end up writing them about things i disagree with. but we all agree on so much that it seems like preachin to the choir to only discuss what we all agree on. where we will learn and grow stronger as a fishing community is by discussing our disagreements. and I would like to discuss disagreements without being personally attacked every time I do.

#193063 - 04/11/03 04:13 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Sky-Guy,

Just think how much more server disk space and access bandwidth, Bob would have for this site if you hadn't started this topic in the first place. rolleyes beathead

It was CLEARLY volatile, and inflammatory, and has served NO useful purpose that I can ascertain! (except to arouse AuntyM's ire! :p You go girl! wink laugh )

Where's David Jackson and the dead horse when you need him! laugh laugh

Might I suggest that next time, a lighter philosophical discussion may be in order. Creationism vs. Evolution perhaps... wink

#193064 - 04/11/03 04:17 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
Chappy,
I was talking about the real world not TV ,movie, or fantasy land. I dont think to many soldiers lose there weapons And if they did I dont think the enemy would drop there AK-47's to fight hand to hand. Try to remember that this is not the karate kid or kung fool grasshopper. WAX ON WAX OFF

#193066 - 04/11/03 04:24 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

why do the soldiers get that training then? do you know better than the generals now too? trust me when your rifle jams, you want every back up system you have. doesnt this just show the level that you guy drop to to try and find fault with me? write the pentagon if you dont like the training. what do airforce pilots need boots for? they are up in planes arent they? come on! lets keep this on a real level

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1417 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |