Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#193022 - 04/07/03 04:10 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
BillyBob Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kapowsin, Wa
Here's a good read on peace activism. A little long, but it really good.

http://www.assyrianchristians.com/i_was_wrong_mar_26_03.htm

#193023 - 04/08/03 04:47 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
please refer to my $1,000 offer if anyone thinks they can outdebate (or even match me fact for fact on iraq) this anti-pre-emptive strike protestor. and for those that cant debate I will up the anti to $2,000 for any of you brainless conservatives that want to take a try at punching me. will one of you please put up atleat $500 and show me that you have the balls. if not than shut the hell up with your condoning violence against protestors. someone please .......your $500 to my $2,000. odds are in your favor

#193024 - 04/08/03 05:33 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
Fishslayer75 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
Chapped, you are a non-fishing stud bro. Do you ever have anything good to add to this FISHING BOARD? ALL you do is talk a lot a crappy. Telling people to shut the he!! up, throwing money around like the man. There has to be a better place for you to use your HUGE BRAIN AND BIG WALLET. Why waste your time and money on us "BRAINLESS CONSERVATIVES". Good luck where you end up, he!! I'll even buy you a beer for the trip. Have a great day.

#193025 - 04/08/03 06:17 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
There ya go FS75, well put...BTW we have to hook up soon and shoot some pool...talk about the next fishing trip.

Billy Bob, that was a great article, thanks for posting it.

#193026 - 04/08/03 06:38 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
Doug P Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Redmond
Come on Sky-Guy justify your post. Well, at least try an rationalize the advocating violence against people that disagree with your political views.

#193027 - 04/08/03 06:43 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
Of course ALL of the 'pro war' types take into consideration that they may be wrong as well... rolleyes

#193028 - 04/08/03 07:23 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
I don't think that Skyguy was trying to advocate violence against the anti crowd as much as he was trying to show that not defending yourself against a bully only emboldens them.

Chappy what planet are you from anyway?

#193029 - 04/08/03 07:28 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Marine Area 13
OK Chappy...

"I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America... and obey the orders of those appointed over me... so help me God."

Please make money order (not check) payable to:

SMC(SW) John Abbott
Navigation Department
USS CARL VINSON (CVN 70)
FPO AP 96629-2840

I'll donate half of the winnings to the 1st Annual Downriggin's Salmon Derby followed by
a party at Narrows Marina upon my return!

Downriggin'

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter

#193030 - 04/08/03 07:30 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
h2o Offline
Carcass

If that's true Vic then he would be somehow trying to equate peace activists with bullies.... my guess is that he was making a joke and nothing more.

#193031 - 04/08/03 08:06 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
Doug P Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Redmond
Vic,
Which post did you read? The post was ill conceived and shows the depth of hatred the conservative" KVI" group has for anyone with differing points of view. Read the first few responses, I believe yours was one of them. True there might have been a hidden purpose, but look what he has accomplished. He needed to come forth and put an end to this, rather then allow it to go on to this point. Well I am going Springer fishing, and no I won't give anyone the GPS points, don't want to get shot by a flare gun or tear gas...........EZ now, he has a "black box" and he knows how to use it.

#193032 - 04/08/03 10:23 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
Vic Offline
Spawner

Stlhdh20

Perhaps it was a joke and nothing more. The antiwar crowd has employed bully tactics but I wasn't trying to make that comparision. To me it illistrated that negotiation and turning the other cheak only works if you are dealing with someone who is willing to do the same.

Doug

I don't have a hatred for a differing point of view. Perhaps you are painting conservatives with that broad brush because you aren't as openminded or tollerant as you think you are.
I did think the original post was kind of funny, and profound at the same time. So I made a smart a$$ remark. I haven't gone out and beat up any anti war protesters (and neither has any one else here).

To say the the KVI/Protroop people hate opposing points of view is kind of stupid when the Protroop rallies have illustrated exactly the opposite. They been very respectful of the views of others and peaceful. Can't exactly say that about the anti-war "PEACE" protests can we now (if you want examples I would be happy to provide some). Kind of makes ya wonder who really hates an opposing point of view.

Good Luck spinger fishing.

#193033 - 04/08/03 10:53 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
They been very respectful of the views of others and peaceful. Can't exactly say that about the anti-war "PEACE" protests can we now
Oh, I've seen plenty of boorish behavior at rallies from both sides. It gets me to wondering.........how do you protest for peace by acting violent.......and how do you support freedom and honor by acting in a dishonorable fashion?

It just doesn't make any sense.......

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#193034 - 04/08/03 11:50 PM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
h2o Offline
Carcass

"how do you support freedom and honor by acting in a dishonorable fashion?"

The question of the day for the pro-war types. Name calling and marginalization seem to be their modus operandi, with a few notable exceptions, even on those taking a fairly moderate stance on the war.

For me the question each day has always been 'how can I be against the war and still show my support for the troops?"

I figure the best thing I can do is to continue to respectfully excersise the very freedoms which they are fighting to protect...we wouldn't want our returning soldiers to come home to a country less free than when they left, would we?

#193035 - 04/09/03 01:42 AM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
Vic Offline
Spawner

Boorish behavior is one thing (sticks and stones may break my bones). Commiting acts of violence or vandalism is another all together. I have yet to read about a Pro troops rally turing violent. I have yet to hear about anyone being arrested at a pro troops rally for any reason. Yet that is a daily occurance for the anti crowd.

I won't argue that there has been name calling on both sides. Marginalizing... I might even be willing to conceed that as well. The anti-crowd has flat out lied to try and make their point. I heard some stupid reporter on NPR the other day trying to tell me that this is "a war against children". I would really like her so show me one area in Iraq where we have inteinionally targeted children.

One more thing then I am done with my rant for the night. I would like to know if the protestors in Oakland really thought they were supporting the troops by trying to deny them of supplies.

#193036 - 04/09/03 01:54 AM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
h20:

NEWS FLASH!! I don't think any of our troops would welcome your "support".

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#193037 - 04/09/03 02:30 AM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
h2o Offline
Carcass

grandpa-

The problem with news flashes is that they go strictly for the headline without delving into the meat of the story.

Your statement just proves that you know nothing about me.

Why don't you just go ahead and say it...you think my opposition to the war EXCLUDES me from being able to 'support the troops'.

Support your position with a credible argument and I will counter.

#193038 - 04/09/03 02:42 AM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
h2o Offline
Carcass

Vic-

People are going to hate this argument...so be it.

Taking the most radical example of peace activism and trying to use it a representative sample of all advocates for peace is exactly what I mean when I say 'marginalization'.

It would be equivalent to the ever popular argument made by chappy equating the patriotic, natiionalistic, aggressive Bush administration to the Hitler regime...the most radical example of ultra-conservatism....

...and we can all agree that is a bad comparison.

#193039 - 04/09/03 10:15 AM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Well maybe there are some troops who would protest against the war and express hatred for the policies of America but I suspect they might be from Iraq or Syria.

As for me I am going fishing and leave this anti-war vs war monger BS to you guys......

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#193040 - 04/09/03 11:29 AM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
h2o Offline
Carcass

I thought so...

#193041 - 04/10/03 01:28 AM Re: Peace Activists, how to deal with them
BillyBob Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kapowsin, Wa
I think that the pro-troop rally they had in the center of Baghdad this morning spoke volumes. 23 million people were given back their hope for a better future.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Brad_tgl, Coho, NewNWSalmon3
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 801 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |