Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#196845 - 05/13/03 01:00 AM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
chaser Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: marysville,wa
Jack, for your information there are bad cops in this world who would'nt blink an eye when lying on the stand. Fortunately there are many more good cops than bad cops. Unfortunately its the bad ones who get remembered most of the time. Here's a little bit of advice so you dont have to find out the hard way. BEWARE of judges running for reelection on a law and order platform( they'll side with the cop every time right or wrong to get the law enforcement support) We had one in this neck of the woods not too long ago doing this very same thing. I know cause I became one of his victims. Kinda leaves a sour taste in your craw when it comes to beliveing in justice.

#196846 - 05/13/03 01:11 AM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Look, cops have it pretty tough to. Who hear does NOT know a cop? Honestly, if you've sat down and talked to them, you must have heard somethin slip, such as how they profile different people, including whites.

I'm not doing a 180 and saying I like the Enumclaw cops, they're still haters.

But I DO appreciate the Auburn cops. I ALWAYS see an Auburn cop when I'm in Auburn, they do their job. Some cities have great cops, and Auburn is one of them.

Do NOT believe everything you hear. Just because someone sues for racism, does not mean racism took place. 90% of the time it didn't.

Here's an example. One cop was at the Auburn Skate rink, and had to throw out 5 kids that were causing trouble. One of the two blacks in the group sued him and the APD for racism. You decide.

Curtis

#196847 - 05/13/03 01:35 AM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm not doing a 180 and saying I like the Enumclaw cops, they're still haters.
Wow! and you know every one of them? How do you know them so much to form that kind of an opinion.

Do you still drive that blue chevy?
I still have some contacts with the EPD maybe you might want to say some of your statements face to face laugh Let me know it will just take a phone call.

#196848 - 05/13/03 01:30 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
im not a cop hater, i respect them to a point, however i got pulled over by a BLACK cop once, first thing out of his mouth was, when was the last time you were in jail?, i had long hair and drove a 89' camaro, i believe he was stereo typing....

#196849 - 05/13/03 02:56 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
herm Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: hermanghardtke@yahoo.com
confused

JACK!

You got me man! I suggested he take an att. and that makes me a cop hater!

Really don't know why I'm responding except boredom, but you have got to be one of the most intellectualy challanged. knuckle draggers, I've come across on this board.

If you are innocent of the infraction you should contest it!

If you try to contest it without an att. you have a very good chance of losing, oh you might get the fine reduced, but you still lose!

When you go to court and lose, that conviction remains with you. If you just pay the ticket and mail it in, it says maybe you were too busy, or anything else and payed the fine! It's not a conviction.

I'm not a cop hater! I am thankful for the many, well trained, dedicated people we have in this state. I treat them all with the utmost of respect they have a very tough job.

That being said I also keep in mind that most small town cops are just that! (small town cops) Very dangerous and under trained. They have a tremendous amount of authority, and were not capable of meeting the requirements to qualify for a job in enforcement with a real police force.

I am very careful when I deal with them!

Been driving since 1960, a respectful attitude and honesty has gotten me way further than trying to argue on the hiway. I went to court one time with out an att. It was a joke! Only guy on my side was me. Cop, prosecuter, judge all work in the same building. They reduced the fine by $20 and told me to have a nice day!

Next time I took an att. The cop didn't even show up.

herm

ps. I was innocent both times!

h

#196850 - 05/14/03 02:36 AM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
wormyhermie Offline
Parr

Loc: Tacoma
when i was 16, i got pulled over on the road next to ohop lake. I was doing over 70, it was a 35 mph limit. The cop let me go,(i had a loaded 12 gauge behind the seat he never saw) He had every right to hang me and didn't. and i am thankful. 12 years later, I am taking my girlfriend (now my wife) down to pt defiance for a picknick. in a 3/4 ton chevy. Im going down pearl just past N30th. its downhill, i dont even have my foot on the gas. I see a cop waiting to turn on to pearl, don't even think about it. He pulls me over. He comes to the car and says "license" I said "what did i.." he says "LICENSE ***HOLE NOW" Gigi starts praying immediately. And i panick. I start looking for my license, finally i say, "I guess i don't have it." He looks down in disgust and puts his hand on his gun and says "Your doin 50 in a 35 and you don't even have a f'n license? outa the truck s***head!" I am bewildered I say "officer, I'm sorry..." "YOUR F'N RIGHT YOUR SORRY, GET YOUR ASS IN THE CAR ....NOW!" he puts me in the back. He asks me my name, I tell him. dob, i tell him. Address i tell him. He called in on the radio, then while waiting for a response he reams me, I finally said, "look, i made a mistake, im not a criminal, just write me a ticket and lets get this over with." of course he says "oh, Smart ass eh? I can just take you downtown..." then he gets the radio call back and it lets him know i have no record, and i do have a valid license. By this time i feel he might smack me or something, the nervous energy was intense. He finally looks at me in the mirror and says" I don't know why, but im gonna let you go." I said thank you. When i got back in the truck Gigi was bawling and praising God. I started to feel sorry for the cop. What a crappy job. He was at least 55 yrs old. This was back in '93 when hilltop was so terrible,I just kept thinking, "man, these guys are stressed, I wonder what happens to the poor guys who don't have someone praying for them like i did."

Having said all that, I must say that even though cops have rough days, If they can't remember their job is to serve and protect, they need to find another job.

#196851 - 05/14/03 02:44 AM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
Jack Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Gig Harbor
Quote:
Really don't know why I'm responding except boredom, but you have got to be one of the most intellectualy challanged. knuckle draggers, I've come across on this board.
Come on hermy, you can do better than that . That statement totally blows any credibility you may have had with anyone on the board. You don't know me well enough to talk that way about me, in fact, you don't know me at all!

Remember this...everybody thinks they are innocent. "It must be the cops radar, it must be broken."and " My speedometer is right, that cop is wrong." I say it again hermy, too many people don't want to take responsibility for their actions. Most of the posts here are from people who got caught, are pissed about it, and still don't believe that they did anything wrong or that it is their fault. These are the same people that keep getting caught and just can't figure out why. They want to point the finger at everyone else but themselves...Poor me hello

Don't let the attorneys on this board scare you into thinking that your life will end without them. Josh, If you have second thoughts and think that maybe the officer was right, tell the judge and ask for a reduced fine and a probationary period. Keep your nose clean after that and never look back. If this is your first offense, then hell, the judge might give you a good break.

Again Josh, nothing personal. Good luck, JACK

#196852 - 05/14/03 01:10 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
herm Offline
Returning Adult

Jack:

My mess. to Josh is obvious, straightforward. even dbble spaced, easy readin! If anybody can convert that into cop hater , more power to em!

Read with me Jack..

"IF" you are " innocent" fight it for

sure! But.... take an attorney.

All cops may have to go to the same training. I don't know!

Do they all have to pass the same pshyco screening? intell test? background check? have the same required number of classes? pass with the same scores? undergo the same scrutiny during training? and adhere to the same standards?

You know they don't!

You also know that 90% of the small town cops would do just about anything to get on with a real force! They just can't cut it!

That bein said, we still need them....Just be careful....this is where Rambo lives!

I'm not a cop hater! (tough for me to figure out why anybody would want a job where everybody lies to you) hell I think most of them do a great job that needs doin.

No...Jack! I can't do better than this! If doubting the inteligence of a knuckle dragger who interpretates. ( If you are innocent, fight it for sure! BUT... TAKE AN ATTORNEY!) into COP HATER..... destroys all my credibility on this board..... so be it!

herm

#196853 - 05/14/03 01:37 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Hey everyone,

Jack was obviously there, and knows Josh deserved the hassle he got.

NOT !! rolleyes

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#196854 - 05/14/03 01:56 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
Jack Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Ok herm, I'm done with my .02. I would be interested to know how Josh's court date works out. He will have to post the officer's notes though for me to give him any kind of credibility. I'm not satisfied with just one side of the story. Provided that he posts the notes honestly.

Off the subject...If anybody can answer this. I indent and double space between paragraphs. Everytime I add my reply though, it posts all bunched up and not orderly. Any suggestions? Jack

#196855 - 05/14/03 02:11 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
Jack Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Dan S. was obviously there, and knows that the cop deserves the bad mouthing that Josh has given him.

Not! rolleyes

I'm just sticking up for the cops because it is apparent that only a few others will. Josh made his statement and many backed up his claim without knowing the other side of the story. For people who supposedly support the police, they sure are quick to call them wrong.

Jack

#196856 - 05/14/03 02:30 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
Jack,
By any chance are you a cop?? I see you are a city of Tacoma employee. Will you also be sticking up for Tacoma's EX-Chief??? It seems like you think cops can do no wrong. But my opinion is they are just people some are jerks some are not some power trip some do not some have PMS some dont. And there are afew that shouldnt be cops at all.

#196857 - 05/14/03 02:40 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
Dan S. was obviously there, and knows that the cop deserves the bad mouthing that Josh has given him.

Not!
Hey, Einstein, YOU were the one calling everyone cop haters and saying Josh had no credibility. Well, YOU have none either.

People suggested he hire an attorney.....and that is sage advice. If the cop did nothing wrong, then he has nothing to worry about if his Chief gets a letter from an attorney. If he did act unprofessionally, then he deserves what is coming to him.

Did you have some advice for Josh, or did you just stop by to let us all know that all cops are angels, and everyone who gets stopped or harassed deserves it?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#196858 - 05/14/03 03:02 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
Jack Offline
Juvenille at Sea

No, I am not a cop. I have been exposed to many, and all have been good guys. I feel that they don't deserve the tongue lashing they are getting.

I can't even comment on Tacoma's ex-chief. That thing is such a huge nutroll! I don't think any city in the US has ever had to deal with anything like that. I wouldn't even know where to start. No, I don't support the ex's actions. Duh!

Dan S., Most, not all,of the posts here have been bad mouthing cops. You don't show up with your comments until someone tries to stick up for them. What's the deal?

Really guys, I'd rather talk about fishing. We can go in circles about the cops. None of us are going to change our minds. Besides, I type tooo slow to keep up with the board. Jack

#196859 - 05/14/03 03:45 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
Whatever happened to "innocent untill Proven guilty" ???

#196860 - 05/14/03 06:11 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok everyone, you are all arguing about my situation and you all have good points.

You are right I am not saying the cops half of the story, and you all have every reason not to beleive me. What I know is what I posted a while ago, and that is all I know. I will find out more on May 19th then let you know how it went.

Maybe the cop was having a bad night, who knows.

Thanks to all of you guys. I really appreaciate the support you are giving me and all fo the advice. It means alot to me THANKS hello hello

#196861 - 05/14/03 06:40 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
herm Offline
Returning Adult

Jack;

IMHO, your typing isn't all that's too slow!

Just my .03 worth.

herm

#196862 - 05/20/03 04:11 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, I went to court last night, and here is what happend

I went to check in and my name was not in the computer and they realized that the officer made a mistake on my ticket. They did not tell me what kind of mistake. So they are going to mail the ticket back to him and fix it then they are going to mail me a letter telling me when my new court date will be. mad

#196863 - 05/20/03 04:24 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Jack

You said

"He will have to post the officer's notes though for me to give him any kind of credibility"Why would an officer's notes carry any more credibility than Josh's word?

Unless you KNOW either Josh, or the Officer personally it would be foolish to believe one over the other.

#196864 - 05/20/03 09:07 PM Re: was this cop right or wrong or just stupidity
Jack Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Wouldn't it be nice to hear both sides? JACK

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
easym, easymsince1980, JohnnyCoho
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63785 Topics
645439 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |