THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#197017 - 05/14/03 07:27 PM Re: WA flossing rivers. Where besides the Cow?
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
To me there is a difference between intentionally flossing a fish and accidentally flossing one. Flossing a fish with eggs and a three foot leader doesn't make you a non sportsmen cutthroat. If you want to follow the laws that have been set throw the fish back. This isn't rocket science. You know what is going on. I

If you don't enjoy the challenge and you are only after meat on the table go to safeway. Heck the indians will sell you some salmon for a decent price go check them out.

#197018 - 05/14/03 07:32 PM Re: WA flossing rivers. Where besides the Cow?
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
cowfish,

Are you trying to tell me you don't understand the regulation?

Is there something unclear.........maybe a word you're not familiar with?

Look, just because the state trooper doesn't pull you over when you go by him at 63, that DOESN'T mean you aren't breaking the law. You are.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#197019 - 05/14/03 08:20 PM Re: WA flossing rivers. Where besides the Cow?
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
Cowlitzfisherman, I didn't misunderstand, I meant that you worked in conjunction with rules and such. I misworded it.

I also have fished the majority of the river. I meant the "snaggers" fish the upper end. I know the river from headwaters to mouth. I used to fish the mouth alot, you had a good channel for incoming fish, and also the channel narrows out for fish running upper chehalis river. And, all the years we fished or ran our sled near mouth of Sop, never saw the long leaders you're talking about either. Most were smaller leaders, most guys were using bait or tossing plugs. Never once saw the flossing you're speaking of. I was down visiting my Dad yesterday, so asked him about this, just to make sure I hadn't missed anything since he's fished the rivers there alot longer then I have. He's never heard of the fishing you've described either. Most of the guys he knows either used floats in that deep hole in mouth of Sop, or used the standard leaders and swept through. Never seen a leader of 10' feet.

Yes, parts of the Sop are that way, but usually only like 2 holes on the upper end. Most you could easily fish a 10' leader. Plus, if they were doing a proper upriver and drift through, wouldn't take much of a river to get a proper drift in, even smaler then the leader length. I was using the upper river because it's where you'll see the majority of the snaggers. You see them throughout the river of course, but biggest horde is the way upper river near Schaefer Park. I'm sure there are guys who use these leaders, but not near as prevelant as at BC. Like I said, I've only fished BC a few times, and every time I've fished it I've seen majority of guys use this method. We opted from then to use sled and fish below that area. Why deal with that mess? So, hope that clears things up for you. We sled the chehalis mostly, and depends on time of year and what we plan to target, depends where we launch and were we fish. Have ran sled up near that hole many a times. Lots of fish travel up that way to enter Sop. So have seen those guys fishing quite a bit when we weren't trolling lower river. Never seen long leaders. Maybe 4-5' max, and that's only a few doing that.

Northwest River Fisherman

#197020 - 05/14/03 08:52 PM Re: WA flossing rivers. Where besides the Cow?
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
Steelheader69

Thanks for your courteous and informative reply. I know we may differ on what we have each seen, but I can tell you; it is what I had seen the few times that I have fished that area. The good about this is we can voice our differences without getting all excited at each other!

I like the way that you have handled your writings and your replies for whatever that is worth!

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#197021 - 05/14/03 09:06 PM Re: WA flossing rivers. Where besides the Cow?
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
Dan,
Maybe, just maybe I understand more then you on that issue. What is it that you don't understand about " both of these officers " not writing tickets?

My last post addressed a lot more issues other then just the State Trooper thing! So why not comment on the "rest of the story"?

Besides, I have yet to hear that a single board member has ever been cited for flossing/lining.....have you?

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#197022 - 05/14/03 09:23 PM Re: WA flossing rivers. Where besides the Cow?
steelheadpimpjuice Offline
Fry

Loc: Boistfort Valley
Attention Buzzboat!! What guides do you see with that long of a leader. My buddy is a bait boy for a guide and I know a few and they dont use leaders longer than 5ft at the longest. I have fished blue creek severel times and caught plenty of fish with a 3ft leader. They say the blue creek anglers are a different breed. Are you one of them, you think you own the river dont you. The locals that go to blue creek arent good sportsman.

#197023 - 05/14/03 11:01 PM Re: WA flossing rivers. Where besides the Cow?
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
cowfish,

Know anyone who's been ticketed for 62 in a 60? Were they breaking the law anyway?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#197024 - 05/15/03 01:26 AM Re: WA flossing rivers. Where besides the Cow?
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
No prob Cowlitzfisherman. Probably the day the BC guys showed up. wink The followed you down. laugh wink

But, I've rarely ever seen that. At mouth of Sop, never. I used to fish it religiously. Great hole to anchor near, especially when sled alley near the pumphouses are full. Plus, you can anchor out of the way of the bank guys, so don't hurt their drift. No need to slam everyone, just causes an already heated discussion to become an irate rant.

Northwest River Fisherman

#197025 - 05/15/03 12:02 PM Re: WA flossing rivers. Where besides the Cow?
fromcuthroattosteelies Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: olympia
Sorry fellas, I feel as though my last post was a little harsh. We've all got our own opinions and sometimes many of us get a little carried away. Let's drop this thread entirely and go do some fishing........
Cuttie

#197026 - 05/15/03 12:09 PM Re: WA flossing rivers. Where besides the Cow?
egg goober Offline
Juvenille at Sea

ok! i stopped at barrier yesterday and i seen the real deal flosser in the act. he would cast out to the big water with 1 1/2 bank sinker and pull-reel, pull-reel, pull-reel all f-ing day. not to mention his 10ft ugly stick to and 14ft leader to boot. oh yea! he did hook more fish than everyone else combined. stupid f-er. evil

#197027 - 05/15/03 02:00 PM Re: WA flossing rivers. Where besides the Cow?
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Quote:
Ask any shall receive! Here is your own answer from an earlier post by you, Quote; Oh sure, I've seen lining/flossing/snagging on all our WA rivers, but not like the cowing crowd on the Cow.
I do not think this answers the question which was

" OK, CFM, let's hear all these rivers where I can go to RIGHT NOW and can CONSISTANTLY see MULTIPLE people using leaders in the 8'10' range and flossing fish??????"

IMHO the words RIGHT NOW, CONSISTANTLY AND MULTIPLE make the difference between the two statements.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 903 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |