Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#197464 - 05/14/03 10:06 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
Rob Allen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver WA
This is what happens when you base your attacks on an organization beased on your preconcieved notions about that orgainization bordering in hatred. Anti WT people need to look at the historic dealings of WDFW and acknowlegde how badly they need public oversight. Thoes still badmouthing WT IN MY OPINION , prove what i was saying all along it's not about facts but keeping hatcherys open at all costs and silencing any opposition to that end..
Thank you Washington Trout for taking on this effort and seeing it through to a meaningful conclusion. and thank you for the thoudands you spent in habitat restoration on the Washougal river and the many other projects around the state.

#197465 - 05/14/03 10:42 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
Back Eddy Offline
Fry

Loc: Federal Way, WA USA
Go Rob! Well stated, as always. See ya over at Westfly, where there is less knuckle dragging.

Back Eddy

#197466 - 05/14/03 11:18 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
hmmmm

Back Eddy
Fry
Angler # 4324

posted 05-14-2003 07:34 PM

I have no idea what to use for the bass. But should you be fortunate to catch any, KILL THEM ALL! There are over two dozen NON-NATIVE fish in this state, many of which live in Lake WA, and they almost all feed on salmon smolts. Mash them into the bottom of the boat, or even eat the damn things if you must.

Death to bass and all non-nates

Very well said Back Eddy....The Westfly boys will be proud of you.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#197467 - 05/15/03 12:15 AM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by 4Salt:
Cowlitz,

You tryin' to start another "dull" with me. wink

Didn't yer momma teach you nothin'. The only thing sickening here is your pathetic attempt to appear remotely intelligent!

How old did you say you were? It used to be said that with age comes wisdom. In your case, that is one virtue that has completely escaped you!

Na Na Na Na Na Na! :p :p laugh laugh laugh

Driftboater - And we were getting along SO well! rolleyes You and Cowlitz must be long lost cousins! wink

p.s. sorry mods, this time I just couldn't help myself.
Another attempt to "welcome" someone elses opinion? Did they come one too strong again, so you couldn't help but make it personal?

#197468 - 05/15/03 12:49 AM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
Double Haul Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wherever I can swing for wild ...
FYI,

On Saturday, May 3, the WSC hosted Steelhead Summit 2 at REI in Seattle. The WSC would like to publically thank all the organizations and clubs that attended and participated. We are truely developing a coalition! What I witnessed yesterday was truely a working together/collaborative relationship by diverse organizations such as PSA, Trout Unlimited, FFF, WT, American Rivers, NW Marine Trade Ass'n.

Dave Bailey, once again did great job planning/coordinating as well as support from Dick Burge and Jack Berryman. Also thanks to all the other WSC board members who participated and helped out. Dee Norton once again was our reporter on the spot and I am sure will compose a great report. We are truely developing a strong voice for steelhead!

If your organization or club is interested in participating in future summit feel free to email the WSC Summit committee atcaptain@olypen.com

#197469 - 05/15/03 01:14 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Elk,

Didn't you read the 2 posts just above mine?

If not, here the are:

Originally posted by Cowlitzfisherman:

Quote:
4Salt

Enough is enough!
Kissy, kissy, kissy, kissy!!!

After awhile, is kind of sickening!
Then Driftboater adds this constructive comment:

Quote:
Cowlitz Fisherman, BINGO! on both comments,, maybe some of that TP could be used to wipe some brown stuff off of ones nose!
And you're chastising me for responding to that crap? Actually I'm not surprised in the slightest. rolleyes

Look, it's plainly obvious that you don't like my position on the WT issue, and you also harbor some feelings of contempt for me in general. Hey, I can live with that. But what's say we at least pretend to be reasonable and civil for the sake of the board. wink

Cowlitz - I apologize for the momma comment. Your constant personal attacks piss me off sometimes. I'm growing very weary of this constant squabbling.

ONE MORE TIME, let's move on! Whadda ya say? smile

#197470 - 05/15/03 01:49 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Elk,

Look, it's plainly obvious that you don't like my position on the WT issue, and you also harbor some feelings of contempt for me in general. Hey, I can live with that. But what's say we at least pretend to be reasonable and civil for the sake of the board. wink

Cowlitz - I apologize for the momma comment. Your constant personal attacks piss me off sometimes. I'm growing very weary of this constant squabbling.

[b]ONE MORE TIME,
let's move on! Whadda ya say? smile [/b]
4salt- wrong again! I actually hope your take on the WT issue is the correct one! Who wouldn't want more Natives and better hatcheries? I'm just not sure that this will do it. As for contempt toward you... Way to strong of an emotion to waste on a fishing board. Really, I'm indifferent to you. You claimed I had a "strong" response to a view you had about the WT issue and thats why you replied the way you did. I looked back at my comments and nowhere did I say anything negative about you. Constantly, you slam people, under the pretense of debate. If this were a debate, you would have been disqualified long ago. I did say you are becoming predictable. But look back at your posts, theres a pattern. Someone has a diferent opinion, you're right, they're wrong, and you start the personal crap. (I honestly dont know why the moderators let it go so long.) I do think you make a good points, when I sift through the other stuff however, and thats why I dont just ignore your posts. I will continue to state my opinion whether it mirrors yours, or conflicts with it. I only hope that you can stick to a more civil manner of reponse in the future. Moving on....

#197472 - 05/15/03 03:29 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
I'm only going to say this once more, and then you folks can flame and accuse to your heart's content.

Aunty - NOWHERE in this discussion did I insult you and you know it! If you think that calling me a brown noser is legitimate counterpoint on the part of CFM and Driftboater, neither of whom I directed ANY comments to, well, then it only serves to destroy the last shred of respect I had for you. (Yeah, I know, like that means anything to you. rolleyes )

Elkrun - After reviewing the post that started the reparte' between us, I see where my opening statement could have been construed as patronizing. I apologize.

That's it folks! Take it for what it's worth. You are welcome to have the last word, as this BB interaction obviously occupies a much higher priority level in your lives than it does mine. wink

#197473 - 05/15/03 03:35 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I'm truly convinced that 4Salt, Ramon, AuntyM, elkrun, driftboater, cowlitzfisherman, and grandpa (maybe even Parker) is just really only one individual with MPD.

I'm pretty sure I don't have MPD, but the voices in my head keep telling me I don't, so I must be OK.

laugh

#197474 - 05/15/03 04:04 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by elkrun:
Quote:
[b]

Elkrun - After reviewing the post that started the reparte' between us, I see where my opening statement could have been construed as patronizing. I apologize.

That's it folks! Take it for what it's worth. You are welcome to have the last word, as this BB interaction obviously occupies a much higher priority level in your lives than it does mine. wink
[/b]
You have way more posts than I do 4salt! laugh
Anyway, I've been home sick this week so maybe you're right, Time to sign off for a while.

#197475 - 05/15/03 06:56 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Well, I just have to weigh in here. I'm back in Philadelphia on business so have been following this all from afar. I say, on balance, good job WT. The $58K is not much money (the way the Govt. looks at this anyway) and I feel that the new requirements for WDFW response to public input puts an additional level of responsibility on that agency. And I think that is good (again on balance). Do I like the tactics that WT used to effect this result? No, not really. Do I like the result? Yes, on balance. I agree with Grandpa (shocking!!) and will quote Ronald Reagan (even more shocking!!!). What we must do with both WDFW and WT is trust - but verify. This could be a very good outcome but only if we, the sportfishing public, make it so.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#197476 - 05/15/03 07:44 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Phucking-A...........

Are you guys reading the **** you're posting?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#197477 - 05/15/03 08:37 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Eddie....No one in Seattle spending any money? You aren't just saying you agree with me in a sucking up fashion so I'll buy some of your wares are you. I really have my eye on that pink G-string you showed me....ooops

Back to the lawsuit settlement...nothing is out in the public eye yet so the oversight part of the agreement could be good but it could also be a paper tiger. We will soon see.

#197478 - 05/15/03 08:38 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Garcia:
Perhaps they used the hatchery release issue as a means to get WDFW to allow for public imput, maybe stopping hatchery releases was not the main issue.
i would have to agree 100 percent.

#197479 - 05/15/03 08:41 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by driftboater:
Cowlitz Fisherman,,

BINGO! on both comments,, maybe some of that TP could be used to wipe some brown stuff off of ones nose!

It sure would be fun to review WT legal fee's huh?
Yea I read my posts Dan, This one made me laugh even harder reading it again..

I didnt even mention any name in my little "fun" post, so quit the snibbling 4 salt!

#197480 - 05/15/03 08:47 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Grandpa - you should see what these guys out here in Philly fish for. eek

It may be a paper tiger, that's true - but you know me - always looking for the good in folks cool

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#197481 - 05/15/03 08:51 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Eddie ....you are the consummate diplomat in a sea of heathens....

#197482 - 05/15/03 08:54 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
Why does it seem like I always post after Dan? Anyway, here I go. First off WT did exactly like I said they would, settle out of court. The whole point of their lawsuit was to close or reform hatcheries that were killing native salmon. Did this settlement close or reform a single hatchery? Nope. Did it help in any way? Some say yes, some say no. But we already have public comment periods for all fishing issues. And most of the public comment goes in one ear and out the other. We have always had the right to sue and for any reason at all it seems. Even Oreo cookies for God's sake. That is why this whole stupid issue came up. WT didn't like the way WDFW was doing things. So what did this settlement do? It caused WDFW to give WT a bunch of money that could have been better spent on any fishery issue. The WDFW is given a budget each year. They do not get to pay this settlement out of the general fund. How about this. WDFW spent money to fight this suit too. If WT spend 58000, then WDFW spent at least that also. So a total of 116,000 was pissed away. This money could have been WAY better spent. I believe there are still some other suits that WT has filed that aren't included in this settlement. How much are we going to shell out then? It is time that WT face the music and realize that the only thing they are hurting is themselves and the fish. I think I may even sue WT for some goofy reason just because I can. Maybe false legal fees?

#197483 - 05/15/03 08:58 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
4Salt,

The problem as I see it, for whatever it is worth to you; is that you come on way to strongly to others when they may disagree with either their post or their opinion! Do we (yes that's me too) also do that? Yes, but nowhere near as offend or as much as you have been doing.

Disagreement is something that we all have to live and deal with daily. That is what makes change! But in doing so, we do not have to keep knocking other board members because they do not agree with our own opinion. You appear to be really good at writing, but not so good at knowing when you have overstepped your own voice or choice of words. Attack words are not always the "best ones" to use to prove a point.

A good debate of what we/or you conceive are the real "facts" is healthy, and it does not "ruffle" everybody's feathers either! You just need to learn NOT TO go on the "attack" mod whenever you disagree with others. Sometimes the "smartest" remark in a post is not as "smart" to others as it may be seem to be to the person who is making it!

I have been called to the line on several of my replies and I do not take offence to it. It's been a growing process in my life. Today, for a way overdue change, I took it off and went fishing for the first times in many weeks. It was great! May I suggest that you do the same, and take a day or two off and relax!

I guess we just all need to take a few minutes before we reply and think about what we are saying to each other before we print it!

No offence intended,

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#197484 - 05/15/03 09:45 PM Re: Public-Comment Opportunity on Hatchery Plans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Jim:
. Maybe false legal fees?
now we are talking, lets so the bill, since we have to pay it!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Big Fisher, Satan, Tackle Shack
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 845 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |