LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#201792 - 06/21/03 11:35 AM Anyone going out of westport tomorrow???
Canyon Man Offline
The Golden Child

Loc: Bothell, WA U.S.A.
We will be headed out in the morning weather and bar permitting and will have the radio on channel 68. Anyone else heading out? Thinking of heading out about 15 miles to the south bowl...what do you experienced westport fisherman think!?!?!? Hope to run into a few of you out there tomorrow. Good luck, Canyon Man
Your Insurance Professional

#201793 - 06/21/03 01:26 PM Re: Anyone going out of westport tomorrow???
Fishslayer75 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
I plan on being out there myself also. As for location, I'm not sure yet. I will also have the radio on channel 68. Blue Searay w/ blue top hope to see a few of ya out there.

#201794 - 06/23/03 04:56 PM Re: Anyone going out of westport tomorrow???
Little Fish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Well guys, how was it? I fished on a charter Saturday for bottom fish. What a blast....2/3s of the boat was sick so that left one third of us to catch everyone's limits. :p

Sunday looked a bit bouncy (from shore) and there were quite a few boats hovering on the inside. I heard the charters hadn't found the schools when I left town around noon.

#201795 - 06/23/03 06:55 PM Re: Anyone going out of westport tomorrow???
weedwacker Offline
Alevin

Loc: copalis
I went out about 11 miles with the charters. Didn't catch squat, or see anyone catch anything while I was out there. Came back in close by bouy 2, and trolled between 2 and 4 and caught my limit on a diver 15 pulls. Wasn't hot fishing, but we caught fish.
Silvers were small. We caught one king that went 15, and saw one caught that went into the upper twenties. The ocean was bumpy out far, but nicer towards the GH bouy. Overall good day, out safe, in safe.

Kelly Day

#201796 - 06/23/03 09:53 PM Re: Anyone going out of westport tomorrow???
Canyon Man Offline
The Golden Child

Loc: Bothell, WA U.S.A.
Well we ended up out about 15 miles!!!! We got silvers and kings. The silvers were nice averaging a healthy 8-9lbs. but the kings were small...only about 10lb. average. No large schools to speak of either just a fish here and a fish there. Hopefully it will get better with a little time.
Your Insurance Professional

#201797 - 06/23/03 10:11 PM Re: Anyone going out of westport tomorrow???
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
Hey Littlefish,
Which Charter were you on Saturday?? I was on the Freedom, had few chummers on board there also. Did you see the 31lb Ling that came in?? What a pig. the biggest Ling on our boat was 23lb and I thought that was big til I saw the beast being weighed in!

#201798 - 06/23/03 11:29 PM Re: Anyone going out of westport tomorrow???
Fishslayer75 Offline
Returning Adult

We also headed out about 15 miles. Weather wasn't great but wasn't bad either. We ended the day with 2 18lb kings and 2 silvers in the 9/10lbs. Lost one that was well in the mid twenty right at the boat. I think shut and net would have done better putting it in the boat wink Canyon man, nice chatting with you. Hope it helped out. I tried to get back in touch with you after we moved but no luck. Plan on being out again next sunday. I hope fish4steel doesn't feed all the fish :p

#201799 - 06/24/03 12:22 PM Re: Anyone going out of westport tomorrow???
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
We went to Westport Monday and did good.

Pretty rough and yes, I fed Ralph. That is not very fun. First time out on the ocean for about 25 years.

Hooked about 20 and kept 3 Kings to 25#s and 5 keeper Silvers. Not to wild about them barbless hooks.

Silvers are not to big yet but they will grow soon!

fp

#201800 - 06/24/03 12:34 PM Re: Anyone going out of westport tomorrow???
Little Fish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Nice - thanks for the reports.

Umrules - I went out on the Playboy Too. I did have a chance to see that monster ling. Our boat had a 22/23 pounder, but it was small compared to the derby winner. My son and I got our limit of lings plus rockfish so the freezer is looking pretty good for this early in the summer.

Did you guys hook any Yelloweye? I thought it was pretty interesting how those guys deflate their swimming bladders and down the fish go back to the bottom. Hope that tech works.

#201801 - 06/24/03 12:40 PM Re: Anyone going out of westport tomorrow???
SHUTUPandFISH Offline
Alevin

Loc: LACEY, WA
FS75 I would be more than happy to show you how to properly net and bonk fish. Sorry to hear you lost one on a net cracker, I know the feeling, it sticks with you FOREVER! Thanks again for the use of the trailer . smile

#201802 - 06/24/03 07:47 PM Re: Anyone going out of westport tomorrow???
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
LF,
We brought up one Yellow Eye, and I must say it had to be the biggest YE I have ever seen! It was a monster, Boat Captain said it was probably close to 100 years old. They deflated the bladder before release so I hope he survived.

#201803 - 06/25/03 12:21 AM Re: Anyone going out of westport tomorrow???
Fishslayer75 Offline
Returning Adult

No problem SHUTUPand FISH. The worst part is that it was the G/F not much I could do?? I do have to say it's the first she has ever lost for me so.. Are you planning on fishing with us on sunday? I got your message. Maybe we can plan on getting my tralier back on saturday and leaving from my place?? Let me know.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (DrifterWA, Tug 3), 112 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |