Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#202711 - 07/10/03 12:55 AM Re: The Bubble
tdickenson Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA
MasterCaster & Sky-Guy,

Looks like I might see you out there Friday morning if I can get my schedule line up. I hope to take another "newbie" out... maybe it'll bring me more luck. I'll be in my 19' "Striper" with Scottys and green canvas.

I'll probably try the glow white hoochie and a little shorter and heavier leader. What size coyote are people using? I've alway heard that the white, green & red stripe from John's in Everett was the ticket but I've never had any luck with it. MasterCaster, what leader lengths do you use?

See you out there!

#202712 - 07/10/03 09:27 AM Re: The Bubble
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

well, we pulled a 43.8# ans a 34# last Sunday. I wanted to post the pics but the uploader isn't working....

Got them about 7am back to back. Fishing 70 to 80'. Spoons behind hotspots.. DR's 45 degrees..

I really don't think it matters what you use out there. What matters is the right place at the right time and a whole lotta luck!!

Trying again Fri, Sat, Sun.. Although the tide do suck this weekend

#202713 - 07/10/03 12:23 PM Re: The Bubble
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
I'll be out there in my aluminum Gregor with red, white, and blue strips down the side. say hi on 68 and dont run me over!

#202714 - 07/11/03 02:45 AM Re: The Bubble
Demon Spey Offline
Smolt

Loc: On a river near you
Let me ask this question again Where and what is the "bubble"

#202715 - 07/11/03 03:26 AM Re: The Bubble
cupo Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: north sound
The Bubble is a chinook fishery around the mouth of Tulalip Bay.

#202716 - 07/11/03 01:34 PM Re: The Bubble
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
P-Martin

43 lbs.... Wow. Are you going to have that dude mounted? Would love to see a pic.

#202717 - 07/12/03 12:42 AM Re: The Bubble
tdickenson Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Well, I pounded it hard without any success today. Trolling from 5:30-10:00, flatlining a little around noon, and trolling and jigging from 4-6. Not near as much action as last weekend, although the mid-morning low tides probably don't help things much.

I'd love to hear about any success. What depth seems to be working? I've tried about 'em all. Heard someone with luck at 50' around 7 am.

I'll probably be out there again tomorrow. Give me a wave if you see me in Striper with green awning.

#202718 - 07/12/03 01:03 AM Re: The Bubble
chaser Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: marysville,wa
Well no luck for me today, even had my crab pots picked for me(stole the bait to boot). Had some buddies that scored today towards the north end. They were down 90'. Saw you go by me as you were headed out, wasnt sure it was you untill I saw those bright green shorts laugh I was in the 18' outrage with the sopping wet cap hanging on the lightmast laugh laugh Did get a chance to meet sky guy briefly. I'll be out again sunday, will try to catch up with you then if your out. smile

#202719 - 07/12/03 02:12 PM Re: The Bubble
escapee Offline
Spawner

Loc: Marysville, Wa., USA
tried it friday evening but only lasted for an hour, the wife said it was too rough so we headed in. didn't see anyone fighting any fish. might try it early sunday, I'm in a green willie tiller sled fighting a fish. I'm thinking of naming it "escape pod II" , after my old boat.

#202720 - 07/12/03 06:39 PM Re: The Bubble
tdickenson Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Better luck today. Yesterday I heard about somebody successful with plugs at 50'. I went one for two. (Thanks Pmartin!)

Of course, the one that got away was thanks to a couple of sightseeing trollers who ran right up next to me while I had a fish on. When I shouted to them to bring them up, they reeled in instead of downrigging up and I lost a great fish and the successful plug.

I'm sure that no one on Piscatorial Pursuits needs the reminder but use binoculars if you want to see a fish caught and steer clear if someone's playing one in your trolling path!

Here's the pic...

#202721 - 07/13/03 10:55 AM Re: The Bubble
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Glad to hear you got some action there T. There are some fish to be had out there. Decided to stay home the rest of the weekend and just wait to hit it again next. The tides are looking great.. Maybe get into some more then? Really did seem like the 50' line was the key?? They stayed up pretty shallow even with the light?

Nice to meet ya tdickenson

And here are last weekends fish. My 3y/o with my father-in-law holding them up. My daughter is 35lbs to give an idea on the fish size..

#202722 - 07/13/03 06:30 PM Re: The Bubble
chaser Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: marysville,wa
thumbs Hoooweeee! those are some nice fish! Your right, there are some big uns out there. Saw one on the fish buyers boat in tulalip bay a few years back that would've made those fish look mediocre. Never got a chance to find out the actual weight. I put it at 75lbs +. eek

#202723 - 07/13/03 07:46 PM Re: The Bubble
fishsteel66 Offline
Parr

Loc: Redmond
Fished saturday, put 15# in the boat. No other action. Didn't see any others caught.

#202724 - 07/14/03 12:00 AM Re: The Bubble
Cigar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Shoreline, Wa.
Kinda slow up in the ole' bubble today too. My partner fished it Saturday and one of the guys with him cought a 15 pounder. He said not many other fish boated.

Cigar

#202725 - 07/14/03 08:54 AM Re: The Bubble
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Talked to some tulalips and they have got a couple over #50 already... I would put some money that some lucky soul is going to boat one this year??? Man, I sure hope that it's me!!!!! laugh

This Friday it's going to be just my daughter and myself trying to put a couple in the boat. The only problem there is that she has seen the 'Nemo' movie so now all fish are 'Nemo's' and she wants to let them go... I get around that by telling her that they need to take a nap for a little bit first wink

Tides are looking super for next weekend.. Can't wait laugh

#202726 - 07/14/03 02:46 PM Re: The Bubble
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Nice Feesh PMartin...say your flags-a-flying Friday morning for a bit.

Trolled with a few takedowns but no fish Friday, saw one nice 25+ fish boated in about 250 feet of water, said they were down around 70.

Nice to Chat with Chaser and Tdickenson for a bit,. Hope to get out again next week but wonder if Sunday Might be better after the netting pressure has subsided for a few days after Thursday this week???

#202727 - 07/14/03 03:33 PM Re: The Bubble
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Hey Sky, Thanks. I was looking for your rig also, was going to say hi. Kinda busy in the boat Friday, had a guy who had never been out before and I was doing pretty much everything. Driving (tried to keep her straight), gear, DR's, speed, etc.... Could only handle that for a couple hours, got out there at 3:30 Still it was nice out there. Next time say hi..

Good luck

#202728 - 07/14/03 11:04 PM Re: The Bubble
starcraft tom Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: marysville
i hit the bubble on saturday morning with my 19 pink starcraft with white top. i saw the fish****** land a nice one whiole jigging and saw another go in a boat while trolling. all I got was a few flat fish. I ran down to edmonds laast week to try for silvers near the oil dock and only got undersize small mouth.
on the crab side I was able to get 4 on friday and 2 on saturday before going to the airshow with my dad. It was nice to be able to serve frech crab to my folks while they were here from vagas. I will be out friday after work and maybe saturday morning. beer

#202729 - 07/15/03 01:02 AM Re: The Bubble
fishin' sparky Offline
Fry

Loc: sultan,wa
On the water saturday at 2:30 for the first trip in my new boat. At about 5:00 in the evening we noticed a seal that kept following us around, and sometime around 6:00 we had the first fish on. Fishbelly 2 was in the boat with me, he grabbed the rod and started fighting the fish. I killed the motor and went back to net the fish and this thing was running all over the top off the water, jumping, and the next thing you know this seal pops out of the water with the fish in its mouth. Fishbelly 2 kept the line tight and we could see the seal had the fishes head in its mouth so we started yelling and hollaring trying to scare the thing away, hoping that it would drop the fish. I grabbed a couple of 1 oz weights that were kicking around the boat and started hucking them at the seal but that thing would not drop the fish. So fishbelly 2 tells me to back up the boat. We were 10 feet away from the seal before it dropped the fish and took off. We netted it real quick and one side of the fishes haed was gone along with the lower jaw, and it just happened to be hooked in the only piece of mouth that it had left.

So we start trolling again after a bunch of high fives, and an hour later the other pole goes off. Fishbelly 2 grabs the rod and hands it off to me since it was a right hand reel. The pole was doubled over and right after a took it this thing started to run to Everett! I've never been spooled like that before, there was no stopping it. After about 150 yards it stopped and I was able to start working it in. Twenty minutes later Fishbelly 2 netted what turned out to be a nice 27.5 pound king. The biggest fish that i've ever caught 37 in length by 24 in girth.

Not bad for the first trip in a new boat, now if I can only get the fishfinder to start working for this next weekend.

I'll talk fishbelly 2 into posting the pics as soon as they are developed!

#202730 - 07/15/03 01:07 AM Re: The Bubble
fishin' sparky Offline
Fry

Loc: sultan,wa
Oh ya, one more thing. 65 feet of water, green flasher, cop car coyote.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bucktail, Richard E.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1173 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |