THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204740 - 07/26/03 05:30 AM Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
I went to blue creek wednesday and thursday.
Got up around 10:00 picked up my new custom Saint Croix noodle(which I didnt use), bought some sinkers and swivels, checked out the barrier and headed to the mad house. I started fishing about 12:00 just past the downed alder. Caught one right off the bat then proceeded to loose 7 fish, two came unhooked, three got me in the rocks, one busted me off on the strike and one I lost to some guy fishing with a 3/0 rusty hook and a huge corky with about a 20 pound test leader that didnt real up when I hollered fish coming down (this is typical of my first trip to the madhouse every year). Then I finally landed my second fish but it was only about 4 pounds so I let it go. About 7:00 I landed another nice chromer and was done for the day.
Thursday I started fishing about 10:00. I started fishing down by the wall. The day before people were hooking fish every 5 minutes down there so i thought I would have some fun, but the spot I got into which was great the day before was loaded with line on thursday and the guys on the point were not hooking jack, the fish just were not there like the day before. So I went back up to my previous spot i fished on wednesday banged out two fish and headed home.

As ussual there was some real winners fishing down there that need to fish the kiddy pool before they get in with the crowd.

Rule #1
Cast in order! The guy fishing the bottom of the hole sets the pace. He cast first then the next guy and so on and so forth. This time proven order insures less tangles and more fish landed.
Appendix A: If your the guy at the bottom of the hole Quit day dreaming and CAST!!!

Rule #2 if you are one of the two mexicans that were fishing the top of the hole QUIT CASTING DOWN RIVER!!!

Rule #3
If your the big guy in the white tee shirt fishing below the mexicans that was tangled in my line several times. Quite letting line out and hanging in the drift so long. I wasnt casting that far up river and I could see your rig below me which was a lot further then your cast would put your rig!

Rule#4
If your the guy that was fishing too my right. your would not be getting tangled with somebody every fricking cast if you were using at least 7/8ths and QUIT CASTING SO FAR UP RIVER!!! I wanted to fish closer too but that is kind of impossible with so many people there.

Rule #5
If Your the guy with the rusty hooks. buy some new hooks! and pay attention

To the other 5 people in the hole It was A pleasure fishing with you there and I wasnt using corkies.
laugh

#204741 - 07/26/03 11:23 AM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
Mooch Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kingston, WA
Gee, sounds like a good time was had by one and all. Sorry I missed all the fun. rolleyes Can't wait till November! beathead
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

#204742 - 07/26/03 12:37 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
Robyns77 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Edmonds
Bought a new pole and played a bunch of fish! Wish I was in your shows. Some people are still learning (myself Inc.)

#204743 - 07/26/03 01:38 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
Iron Head Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: tacoma, Washington, US
Hey Micro,
People like you are worst than the beginners.
They know no better, but they are trying to achieve their goal of catching fish.
While "Know It All", "Master Fisherman" like yourself has nothing better to do but to complain, nag, cry, whine, and creating laws and rules for the public.

Remember, you are fishing with the public.
If you have problems just get a boat or move down/up river to get peace of mind.

Peace

#204744 - 07/26/03 01:51 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
KingFisher85 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Amboy Wa
Sounds like the Cowlitz. What did you expect? Everyone all dressed up fishing the right way? I only wish.
Well at least you got some fish
How to fix a gun-- Take it apart--Put it back together--Hide extra parts~~~

#204745 - 07/26/03 02:40 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
I think that Micro was just trying to teach a few bank fishermen how successful everyone could be if they just would all learn to fish together. If Micro doesn't tell them, how will they ever learn?

When fishing in those kinds of places, with those kinds of crowds, it can really make a big difference when fishermen fish together, instead of against each other. Maybe a few of those people just might be reading his thread, and can now figure out why they were not catching fish, while he was catching fish. Sometimes you just got to tell people how it is. If they chose not to listen, will then it's their own lost! eek

If their goal is to achieve to catch a fish, then they should be taking the free advice of those who are catching the fish. Personally, if you want to catch fish consistently in those kinds of places, you will need to learn Micro's 5 rules. . . . plus maybe 2 or 3 more! laugh

Anyway, that's my thoughts about this issue!

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#204746 - 07/26/03 02:44 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Besides being in a sarcastic rule format I think they are good tips for fishing in a crowd.

Of course I expect these kind if things to happen down there and everywhere else but maybe there will be just a few more people that know now how to fish in a crowd.
beer

#204747 - 07/26/03 03:47 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
Loomis Offline
Juvenile at Sea

micro was pointing out a few tips,dont get so offended with him just trying to help educate.

#204748 - 07/26/03 04:29 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
eggs Offline
Smolt

Loc: washington
This is why Jerry Springer is hosting his next show @ blue creek, it comes with guests and an audience!

Enjoy the mayhem!

#204749 - 07/26/03 08:47 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
Fish Chaser Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Edgewood,WA
I have to admit there has been times that I was the stupid guy doing the wrong thing, as I caught my first Steelhead at blue creek two weeks ago. I have learned from watching several of the more respectable fishermen. It is pretty intimidating for a new guy who is just starting out and having some guy get pissed at you if you make one wrong move. I love to catch fish and that is what drew me to blue creek. I just wish the better fishermen would give the newguys a break. We are not bad people were just to catch a fish the best way we know how.

#204750 - 07/27/03 12:09 AM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
RockLizard Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lakewood, WA
rofl
micro,
good post, funny yet informitive and true. We were down there Thursday too, I was the guy in the white t-shirt....nah just kidding, we banked my sled for a bit on Anderson. We didnt get any takes over there so started doggin and picked one up right before dark.
I know the frustration of fishing that place, if everyone would work together it works like a fine oiled machine, throw one or two dipsh*ts in the mix and it all goes to hell.

PS where you using that fine looking lure you posted on the other board wink

RL

They can have my eggs when they pry em from cold dead hands

#204751 - 07/27/03 12:23 AM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
drhall99 Offline
Parr

Loc: Tigard, Oregon
micropterus101,

First, take a deep breath and mellow out.

Second, leave the nationality out of the discussion. It has nothing to do with the subject and only smacks of racism. Racism is ugly, period. Not to mention that if you didn't ask, then you don't know where those guys were from. They could have been from quite a few Latin American countries.

Third, try to remember that you are fishing. While it may be the most important thing, you still shouldn't take it quite so seriously. It's fun, remember? You might have made some new friends if you had treated the people with respect and talked to them. You might have even been able to get wink a few fishing tips that would have made your trip more successful.

D.

#204752 - 07/27/03 03:47 AM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
Iron Head Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: tacoma, Washington, US
Micro,
I apologize for the out burst.
You are absolutely correct with the guidelines you had mentioned.
But you have to remember that there are those who want to learn and those who refuse to learn.
The new guys wanting to learn can visually pick up new ideas very quickly.
As for the so called "Winners", they ain't going to be taught nothing.
I was very upset when I read you post because it brought back memories of the time that I did as you had posted.
Except mine was a face to face verbal discussion that lead to heated words.
This is why I either fish with a good crowd or I move else where.

Once again, I apologize.

#204753 - 07/27/03 02:56 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by Fish Chaser:
I have to admit there has been times that I was the stupid guy doing the wrong thing, as I caught my first Steelhead at blue creek two weeks ago. I have learned from watching several of the more respectable fishermen. It is pretty intimidating for a new guy who is just starting out and having some guy get pissed at you if you make one wrong move. I love to catch fish and that is what drew me to blue creek. I just wish the better fishermen would give the newguys a break. We are not bad people were just to catch a fish the best way we know how.
cry

I helped out a few new guys down there this last trip. The new guys as long as they are willing to learn dont frustrate me like the repeat offenders (Guys that just dont seem to care about anybody else but themselves). I am full of patience and can put up with alot of duky and not get pissed.
My main reason for posting was to educate not to make it sound like I am gods gift to fishing and everybody needs to bough down before me. I figure I can get to alot more people here than just about anywhere else.
If somebody is getting pissed at you for one wrong move there a loser (unless you get tangled in there line when they have a fish on, but only a little pissed). But if nobody says anything how are you going to learn?

#204754 - 07/27/03 03:11 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by drhall99:
micropterus101,

First, take a deep breath and mellow out.

Second, leave the nationality out of the discussion. It has nothing to do with the subject and only smacks of racism. Racism is ugly, period. Not to mention that if you didn't ask, then you don't know where those guys were from. They could have been from quite a few Latin American countries.

Third, try to remember that you are fishing. While it may be the most important thing, you still shouldn't take it quite so seriously. It's fun, remember? You might have made some new friends if you had treated the people with respect and talked to them. You might have even been able to get wink a few fishing tips that would have made your trip more successful.

D.
I am as mellow as they come.

First off where do you get off saying I am a rascist? I gave an acurate description of the people I was talking about! You have some issues If you think that post was racist and if you think I am rascist you belong in the funny farm!
mad

Second Off , I do have fun and I do talk to people! You assume way to much about me.
If you think its fun to be untangling lines instead of fishing shouldnt you be on the knitters forum?
If my trip was anymore successful I would have gotten a ticket.
laugh now I need to mellow out!

#204755 - 07/27/03 03:26 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
egg goober Offline
Juvenille at Sea

WOW! its funny how the cow causes HEATED posts. what i dont understand is why you vent on the website. do it on the river man! let it be heard where it really might make a difference, because 99% of the people on this board fish, or have fished there and all know the story. oh yea!, how come it took you so long to limit there GURU? :p

#204756 - 07/27/03 04:08 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

I give up on this one! Its turning into something it was not intended. I guess some people are just too sensitive to understand what I was trying to get out and the reason for it.
cry

#204757 - 07/28/03 03:24 AM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
drhall99 Offline
Parr

Loc: Tigard, Oregon
micropterus101,

You misread my post. I did NOT call you a racist. I said
Quote:
leave the nationality out of the discussion. It has nothing to do with the subject and only smacks of racism. Racism is ugly, period. Not to mention that if you didn't ask, then you don't know where those guys were from. They could have been from quite a few Latin American countries.
That means that what you said sounded racist. Neither their nationality or their skin color needed to be mentioned in order to get your point across. Also, did you ask them where they were from?
As far as your fishing success, I was joking there. Notice the winking Graemlin?
Now about your funny farm comment - been there, done that. Nice place to take a vacation eek .

D.

#204759 - 07/28/03 11:09 AM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#204760 - 07/28/03 02:57 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
squating dogfish Offline
Parr

Loc: Lacey
WOOO HOOO, I like this website! Its like throwing a baseball bat into a cage of "A" male gorillas with high IQ's! (No offense at the females) Rock on, and thank God for freedom of speech!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 972 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |