THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204761 - 07/28/03 03:10 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
RK43 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Micro had nothing but good solid points. To bad it had to turn into a politicaly correct slam fest.

Thanks Micro.....

#204762 - 07/28/03 03:40 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
Hohwaiian Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, Washington, US
CFM, I find your last parting cliche in this context to be more insensitive than the original post.

Anyhow I think I was the "big" guy in question; since I was down there everyday last week and fished near a bunch of latino/a fisherfolk on the days in question and was wearing a white shirt. But, nobody came up to me and said anything about my techniques employed. I fish bait most of the time so my strike zone is downriver as I slowly tail my sandshrimp downriver in the slot. If you were iritated that my rig came whizzing by you as I reeled in, then you should have said something to me and I would've have shortened my drift. But you must understand that as long as I'm not tangling up with people that I'm going to try to extend my drift as long as possible.

The lesson learned here is to say something on the river and work it out. Heck anytime "Blue Creek" is the topic, most don't even open it because as someone said earlier, it's the same 'ol story.

peace out........................

#204763 - 07/28/03 06:21 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
Hohwaiian

You said; "CFM, I find your last parting cliche in this context to be more insensitive than the original post."

Hello!! My name is not Dr. Joyce Brothers!
I have never been known to be a real sensitive type of person. I am an extremely frank person, and I almost never beat around the bush when I have something to say to a person.

You go on to say;" I fish bait most of the time so my strike zone is downriver as I slowly tail my sandshrimp downriver in the slot. If you were iritated that my rig came whizzing by you as I reeled in, then you should have said something to me and I would've have shortened my drift. But you must understand that as long as I'm not tangling up with people that I'm going to try to extend my drift as long as possible."

If it would have been me who was there instead of Mirco, I would have told you right to your face! But since I was not there, I will tell you now.

When you are long lining, where else possibly could your "strike zone" be but down river!!

You may not be "tangling up" with other fishermen, but that's just because no one else wants to cast on top of your line and spend the next 10 minutes to retie! If the hole is that far down, move down, or fish the area in front of you or stay within your swing zone.

That may be "your way of fishing", but on the Cowlitz, we call it "long lining"! Fishermen generally fish within the area of their own swing zone. If you all know each other, and are all working together, you can successfully long line without interfering with each other, but even then it still screws up everyone below you.

Generally speaking, long lining in a crowded fishing area really sucks for those who are fishing down stream of you! I could be reading your reply wrong, but it appears by your wording, that you are talking to me. I am not the person who had written the 5 rules. But I will add rule #6; when fishing in a crowded area (such as Blue Cr.) do not lone lines below you swing area!

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#204764 - 07/28/03 07:32 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
Hohwaiian Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, Washington, US
CFM only the first part applied to you.

But obviously, you don't know the difference between long-lining and throwing bait at Blue Creek. So you need to stay on your boat and be quiet.

...just calling a spade a spade!

#204765 - 07/28/03 08:26 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#204766 - 07/28/03 11:09 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
This is a funny one for us who stand back and watch the guy backed into a corner coming out swinging. Several of you need to take at least 10 deep breaths before you start typing.

#204767 - 07/29/03 12:15 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
Quote:
Originally posted by Hohwaiian:
CFM, I find your last parting cliche in this context to be more insensitive than the original post.

Anyhow I think I was the "big" guy in question; since I was down there everyday last week and fished near a bunch of latino/a fisherfolk on the days in question and was wearing a white shirt. But, nobody came up to me and said anything about my techniques employed. I fish bait most of the time so my strike zone is downriver as I slowly tail my sandshrimp downriver in the slot. If you were iritated that my rig came whizzing by you as I reeled in, then you should have said something to me and I would've have shortened my drift. But you must understand that as long as I'm not tangling up with people that I'm going to try to extend my drift as long as possible.

The lesson learned here is to say something on the river and work it out. Heck anytime "Blue Creek" is the topic, most don't even open it because as someone said earlier, it's the same 'ol story.

peace out........................
It wasnt you because the guy I am talking about was hooked up in my line about ten times. I did say something and the guy wasnt fishing bait.
beer

#204768 - 07/29/03 12:39 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

P.s
I am headed down again Wed and Thurs. I would be glad to meet some of you down there. I shouldnt be that hard to recognize, Ill be wearing a faded black hat and I am ussually the tallest one there, I dont normally start till after the morning bite is well over (around 12:00) If I can help you out I will (limit 50 laugh I want to fish too).

#204769 - 07/29/03 12:39 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
egg goober Offline
Juvenille at Sea

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! YOU GROWN MEN CRY MORE THAN MY KID. SHUT UP AND FISH!

#204770 - 07/29/03 01:23 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

#204771 - 07/29/03 01:41 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
Fish Chaser Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Edgewood,WA
Hey Micro, I will be heading down Thursday night after work what time do you usually stay around till?

#204772 - 07/29/03 02:21 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

I stay until I limit. But when its really hot out I hold off till 7:00 or 8:00pm. Then I go do some catfishing up at swofford
laugh

#204773 - 07/29/03 02:53 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
Fish Chaser Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Edgewood,WA
cool maybe I will see you down there, is there some pretty good catfishing over at swofford? I am going to camp out at blue creek and start fishing early.

#204774 - 07/29/03 08:29 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
ramprat Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Graham
Blue Creek,
Definition in Websters - The only place in the world where it's mandatory to have patience or you will go insane.
I try to stay away from the mass at the creek when I can as I have a sled, but I have been there a few times out of curiosity more than anything else.
I am 45 years old and have been fishing probably since I was five so I am no beginner to the sport for sure but I do remember one time when I went down there one evening. I had a new noodle rod I had never cast before thought I would try it out just for fun. The first cast I made went left, Way left over probably 12 other peoples lines all I could do was laugh man what a reception I got. after numerous sorries and an explanation I finally got the stone faces to break and made some friends. All you have to do is talk to people and ask questions or tell them in a friendly way your long lining me. If they give you any guff move.
Cowlitz Fisherman I met you once or twice at an foc board meeting and a fundraiser for the foc when you were the president probably almost ten years ago. I was pleased that you got down on your hands and knees and helped pick up trash at Blue Creek I felt a little guilty that I was working and could not go down but thank you and everyone else who participated. Actions truly do speak louder than words.
RAMPRAT

#204775 - 07/29/03 09:40 PM Re: Cow report banker. Rules 1-5 of 1000.
FishinSinsation Offline
Spawner

Loc: kenmore, wa
i was down there, the guy in the white tshirt is ALWAYS down there!! That mexican dude at the top of the hole was funny, esp when he hook into his first fish lol lol lol

ah well its all fun and games down there,.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 337 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |