Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207437 - 08/18/03 09:09 PM siletz steelies
siletzangler Offline
Alevin

Loc: oak harbor washington
Made the long voyage down to the siletz and spanked them on saturday. limits for myself, father and brother by 8 a.m. Saw one chinook caught, need some rain for that to realy turn on. Six of the eight caught(we released two) were recycled fish, five yellow tags and one red tag. Fished quarter sized balls of eggs on 4lb leader with BB split shot.

#207438 - 08/19/03 02:26 AM Re: siletz steelies
fishingseaducer Offline
Alevin

Loc: Siletz
Way to go Siletzangler,I fished the other end of the river on Friday and got a nook of 32lbs. We went again on Saturday and only got one jack.Seen a couple others caught but still pretty slow.I have some steelhead holding by my house so I am going to chase them till the salmon move in better.I think I'm going to give the fly rod a chance,if not out comes the bobber and eggs.Your right we need RAIN.

#207439 - 08/19/03 08:08 PM Re: siletz steelies
siletzangler Offline
Alevin

fishingseaducer,

Went down to Cedar creek a few weeks ago looking for chinook, ended up with two chrome steelhead right above where the creek dumps in. Saw a few chinook rolling but not too many. Considering shoving the boat off the side of the road above cedar creek and drifting the bulls bag in a few weeks depending on the rainfall(or lack thereof). Did you take your fish down in tidewater?

#207440 - 08/19/03 10:18 PM Re: siletz steelies
fishingseaducer Offline
Alevin

Siletzangler this time of year I do most of my fishing out of Coyote Rock.I will fish there till October or till it rains. I live a couple miles up from Cedar Creek.Your profile shows Wash. are you here local during the sumer?

#207441 - 08/20/03 04:35 AM Re: siletz steelies
siletzangler Offline
Alevin

fishingseaducer

I grew up in Dallas Oregon, been fishing the siletz all my life. I'm stationed on whidbey island right now but come back to fish with family most every weekend.

Do you know of any take outs other than the park below the bulls bag? I fished Cedar creek a lot form the float tube, would like to fish it from the drift boat but don't want to have to row through all that pig water down below. Thanks.

#207442 - 08/20/03 10:23 AM Re: siletz steelies
fishingseaducer Offline
Alevin

Siletzangler Strom park is the only take out below Cedar Creek and without a motor there is just to much frog water to row threw.I have a 8ft aluminum drift pram I use this time of year ,but do to a neck injury I am really limited on my fishing wich is really F%$#@^$ up.
I have to say you are a very dedacated fishermen to drive that far to fish on the weekends, and it sounds like it pays off for you. My wife and I have the Little Chief in Siletz you can always get a hold of me through there . Bill

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
derekE, hunting 6x6, josh870, Lanny McGlamery, steelie guy, Vern B.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 218 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |