Three Rivers Marine

Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209590 - 09/09/03 02:29 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
bentpole Offline
Juvenille at Sea

cfm,
there has been no personal attacks unless you are just to sensitive, and just about or almost everyone has disagreed with you or some pat of, so why do you want to subject yourself to this?

cfm just let it go

#209591 - 09/09/03 09:25 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
Cfm,
Boy you sure got some peoples pantys in a bunch this time laugh laugh
But they just need to stop cry cry and get over it.
Its really funny that these "teachers" dont know the meaning of public information.
But there are always those people that will shoot the messenger arnt there. They are acting like you made that web page or something.
If they have a complaint it should be to the state not you!!!

#209592 - 09/09/03 12:39 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
duroboat keeps casting.... but one will bite.

babble

#209593 - 09/09/03 01:09 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#209594 - 09/09/03 02:59 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
cfm,

You said you make 15 g's? So are you worried the state is wasting your 46 bucks? laugh

KIDDING

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#209595 - 09/09/03 04:48 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
CFM-

I find it unbelievably galling that you you would question Surecatch's 'credibility' when you pull BS stunts like this...

...and Dan...

...that's some funny shyte...

...but the way I figure it CFM should actually be getting money back from the gubment, so really, its OUR money he is worrying about being misappropriated.

Thanks for your concern CFM.....

#209596 - 09/09/03 05:01 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by stlhdh2o:
CFM-
...but the way I figure it CFM should actually be getting money back from the gubment, so really, its OUR money he is worrying about being misappropriated.

Thanks for your concern CFM.....
rofl

If he is getting money back where is the website that says how much?

concerned citizens want to know....

laugh

#209597 - 09/09/03 05:47 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

#209598 - 09/09/03 05:57 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Quote:
yes I need my cost of living increase too!
Next year you get $15,003. laugh

#209599 - 09/09/03 06:10 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Let it be said!!!

That Dan is a very understanding and very companionate man! laugh laugh

I knew I could count on you Danny boy...but only for 3 cents? laugh You got to dig DEEEEEEEEEEEEEper dan to buy me off! laugh

You always give me at least 2 cents worth ...and that's when I don't even ask you for it! laugh

Cowlitzfisherman

#209600 - 09/09/03 06:27 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Dan S. Offline

I'm just lookin' out for ya, cowfish. We don't want anybody's eyebrows being raised by your COLA. Heck, next thing you'll be asking for is Federal Holidays off.

Man, some guys just want it all ! wink

#209601 - 09/09/03 10:04 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
elkrun Offline
Spawner

cfm-

Your bark has absolutely no bite. Sorry to break the news to ya . Most of the kids I see daily do a much better job of debating too. I hate to burst yer bubble, but most of your "debate" is retyping what someone else has said, (which is usually the most intelligent part of what you have to say... ) and then it gets unclear what your point is. Stick to the quotes and stop there, you'll be better off. Sorry... I'm a tell it like it is sort of guy too.

Here let me start your response "you said....

#209602 - 09/09/03 10:07 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Hairlipangler Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Edgewood
Wow, some pretty harsh words in the last 4 pages. I can understand anyone getting upset if thier personal financial records are publicized. So if you took the job, knowing that's the deal, it didnt bother you enough to not take it. Anything after that is sour grapes. If you dont like it, do the work to change it. I'll bet there's not a person in here that would disagree that there's a better way to make the information public. How about altering the name to an employee number instead of a name. Or a title? How tough can it be. You have very good reasons to not want your personal info public.The site is a resource. If your not willing to do the work to change it, you have no right to *****!

And dont kill the messenger. CFM did not make the info public, he posted a link. It's his right to do so! Yet some of you lashed out at him. For 4 pages! Attack after attack! Pitiful!

CFM, I dont know why you waste your time and patience responding to several of these posters, they are not worthy of your effort. I would have told them where to go, about half way through page one!

#209603 - 09/09/03 10:19 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
elkrun Offline
Spawner

None of the teachers I talked with today were ever informed of this.... They were pretty upset to hear about it though. This isn't something they generally bring up in an interview... "oh by the way, sign here and we'll be taking away any right to privacy you have... " They didn't mention it in college, or student teaching, or anywhere. I'm in my 14th year and this is the first I've heard of it.

Also, generally a messenger just delivers the message. He's done a tad more than that dont ya think?

AND AGAIN, JUST BECAUSE ITS LEGAL DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT.

PS: I'll be looking into what I can do about this, but I've only known about it for 2 days. Thats a little quick to expect results. I think just listing the teachers by name and salary excluding the district they work in would be a good start. Ideally I was thinking that just listing a total amount a district spends on personnel would be fair. I've always found that its best to have an idea on what your after before you begin. Besides, cfm and I are in a good old pi$$ing contest and I drank a lot of water today laugh

#209604 - 09/09/03 10:31 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Hairlipangler Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Edgewood
AND AGAIN, JUST BECAUSE YOU DIFFER IN OPINION, YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO INSULT SOMEONE. TRY BEING MORE CONSTRUCTIVE WITH YOUR COMMENTS!

#209605 - 09/09/03 11:03 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Plenty of constructive comments in the posts I've made since the beginning. Some pi$$ing but a lot of points too. Dont worry about cfm, he's having a good time with this, ask him. This isn't the first heated debate for either of us on this board. I dont think either has stepped out of bounds. We've jabbed a little but no KO punches thrown here. If we do Jerry or Bob will let us know.... and their watching.

Besides I'm done with this one. Its sort of run its course. Back to the fishing threads.

I see you're new here, just wait until april and may when theres nothing to fish for, then it gets real interesting!

#209606 - 09/09/03 11:17 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Elkrun

Maybe you need to reread what I had told BW about how and why our laws are the way that they are. Without putting you down, or pi$$ing you off further, please read Title 40, 41, and especially Title 42 of the revised codes of Washington State Laws. If you would just take the time to read ALL of them through completely, I believe that you just may begin to understand WHY public servants records (within the listed exemptions and limitations) are so necessary to be open and public. I am sure you will still not agree on the law on this issue, but I believe you will understand WHY there is a need to make this information public. It's really the "big picture" that one will develop after reading and understanding these laws. Please spend a few hours of reading and then tell me if you still think that public servants shouldn't have open accountability to the people who pay them their salaries.

At the very least you will understand why I have such a strong point of view or opinion about this issue. Who knows, it may even become an assignment for your students once you do the research.

No more pi$$ing matches between us, lets just talk about the merits of the law after you have had an opportunity to fully comprehend why we have the right to review each and every state workers wages. There are definite reasons for the need, as you will see!

Cowlitzfisherman

#209607 - 09/09/03 11:33 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
elkrun Offline
Spawner

cfm-

I would love to but september is the wrong time. I honestly dont have a spare moment. Even while I type this I'm correcting 180 math papers, and still have to read my scouting report on Mount Tahoma for friday night, And I NEED to fish this weekend or someone gets hurt!.... I'll take your word that its important at some level. I just dont think I'm quite important enough to be included. I know technically we are paid for by the state, but in reality we work for the local districts. Shouldn't they (the districts) be accountable to list their total personnel expenses instead? Simply list the numbers of teachers at each level of the pay scale.. I have a lawyer friend who I'll talk to about this, and give him the code #'s to read. He can give me the readers digest version. I'll get back to you then.

#209608 - 09/10/03 12:37 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Jeff D Offline
Spawner

Loc: S. Whidbey
Quote:
Originally posted by elkrun:
cfm-
Here let me start your response "you said....
moose laugh moose

He got you there CFM...... Thats some funny stuff!

#209609 - 09/10/03 01:33 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
CFM I'm with ya on this one! Its my money that pays for these employees.. I feel I should know where the monsy is being spent..

All of you that think people shouldnt know tell me this
If you had or have a bussiness would you want your accountant to not tell you how much your employees are making? Or spend your money yet not tell you where and how?

Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 332 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |