Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209610 - 09/10/03 02:01 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Timberman-
Attempting to manage a business is way different than this. How could a list of thousands of educational assistants/teachers/administrators have any importance to you as a member of the general public? You cant make any decisions based on this information, yet as a business owner you could. Ok, I dont like Locke and I think he make too much money... what can I do with that information? not vote for him? big deal, I still end up chipping in my nickle towards his salary... I'm willing to bet that Bill Gates doesn't get that detailed information on all those he employs, nor would he want it. A summary of costs for all his employees is more managable... And he doesn't employ near as many people as you do timberman!

please read on below

CFM- I read all three... I'll be up way late finishing stuff now, but felt it was only fair to try and see your side. I have to be honest with you, not much as changed. I already understood the intent when we started the debate. Its a little different perspective when its your information out there. What possible importance could my salary have to any of you? Some think we make too little, some too much... either way there is nothing you can do with this information. If I am failing to see an application for this please clue me in. I really dont have a problem with people knowing how much we make in general. A state salary schedule for teachers is available for that. This item gives you a range of teacher salaries from first year teachers with only a bachelors degree, to a 20 veteran with a masters degree and 90 credits. Even include a teacher count and total amount spent district by district... more than enough information to make sure the money is spent correctly. (probably more readable than thousands of names and salaries too.) Once you attach the name to the exact salary, I think the intent of the code is lost. It teeters on invasion of privacy, of course they included a sheild for responsibility in case this information does cause harm (such as the identity theft example) ya gotta love the government! It was also easy to see that the code was written without mass publication in mind. (They spoke a ton about who was responsible for the paper costs, copying procedures etc...) I dont think an upload to a website was what they had in mind. I do however feel that elected or appointed positions should fall under tighter scrutiny. Its a double edged sword really, disclosure to protect the people yet it puts other people at risk. (even if you think the risk is minimal, its still there as I described earlier...and $1500 wasnt minimal for my budget!) I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I see my representative from time to time at school functions and will bring it up with him to get his feeling about it.

I wanted to address something you said in your last post about accountablity to those I serve. I fully believe i'm accountable to the parents and students I teach. But accountable for what i teach, and to some extent how I teach it. I'm accountable for how I spend school funds, or grants I earn. I'm even more accountable for a childs learning than their parents are... sad as it is. But opening my checkbook to the public is a little much. Especially to everyone in the world (literally) to see. I think that is way more than the law intended.

I'm tired and I'm not sure this is making sense so I'll summarize in one more line... ( I'm not taking responsibility for grammatical errors either!)

The intent of the law could be easily upheld without making the information so personal.

End of Elkrun's thesis ... back to work!

#209611 - 09/10/03 03:37 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
Hey cowlitzfisherman,

looks like you made some people feel uncomfortable. I think maybe they feel a little more paranoid about taking that extended lunch break now huh? Or maybe they dont feel there actually worth what they are being paid?
sheesh, Game Wardens making over 4000 dollars a month to write tickets to people using barbed hooks or snagging hoodsport chums, while not putting in a little extra effort to catch people who are endangering our native fish.

You ever hear the joke about how many people it takes for the government to put somebody on fire watch?

I make about $20.52 after taxes which go to pay there wages and help illegal aliens get drivers licenses.

Some people are actually worth what they get paid, but there is alot of waste.

#209612 - 09/10/03 04:17 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Plunker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Skagit Valley
Exposing your privacy?

Here are a few thoughts:
1) Equifax
2) Experian
3) Trans Union

And how many of you privacy buffs furnish
your shopping habits to a grocers database?

Give us a break here!

#209613 - 09/10/03 08:18 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
Hey micro what do you do for a living?

County employ?????do not work too hard today!

Those are my hard earned tax dollars at work correct.I have seen you guys slaving away.What a joke.

#209614 - 09/10/03 09:19 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
If the cry cry babys havent noticed yet the link was removed yesterday morning.

CFM,
Thanks again for that info. Good thing I bookmarked it before it was removed that gave me time to send it off to some friends. Some of which are on the list and thought it was cool (they got to look up what there bosses make). I was surpriased that I even got a thanks for the link from Tim Eyeman's group when I sent it there.

#209615 - 09/10/03 11:04 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
RiverShrk Offline
Parr

All you cry babies about state and government employees need to stop posting on this board and go back to work pay more taxes cuz I need a raise... slap slap sleep

#209616 - 09/10/03 11:29 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
cuz I need a raise...
Your boss was thinking about giving you one...........but then he found out you are spending time on the internet instead of working. :p

KIDDING

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#209617 - 09/10/03 11:34 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
KurtF Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Olympia, WA
Mods - Thanks for removing the link. cool

I have no problem with what most of you are saying. I would gladly disclose my pay, my hours, my job classification, and even my work logs so all my "bosses" out there laugh can see that they're getting their money's worth. But why do you need my name attached to it?

That's really my only complaint - it is a violation of my privacy.

Signed,
Office Assistant Senior
$2249.00 a month

#209618 - 09/10/03 01:51 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#209619 - 09/10/03 02:18 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

CFM,
Boy I got sucked in by the old poor under paid teachers in my district too. And I think I was in shock to see the truth. It to has changed the way I will vote in the future for sure.
I will say the the teachers have a real smart union. Keep telling the public what a first year teacher makes but dont bring up what the majority makes. And did you get a load of what the principals make. Its almost as if the public is getting robbed.
The funniest thing about this whole teacher thing is I wouldnt have even looked at that part of the web site had it not been for all the cry cry . It made me think they had something to hide for sure.

#209620 - 09/10/03 02:31 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

cfm,

Did you find out how long these two have been teaching? While it looks like they make a pretty decent living, I'm not sure their wages are out of line.

#209621 - 09/10/03 03:02 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Dan

I don't know how long they have been teaching, but he has probably been teaching for 8 or 10 years. But how many guys or gals do you know that make $62,000 a year with great benefits, all paid holidays and vacation days and then get the entire summer off to do whatever they want to do!

Should a person get paid high wages just becuase they do the same job all of their life? Doesn't everyone have to work anyway? So what would be the difference how long you worked?

That could be a whole nother thread!

Not to shabby for a nine month salary I would say! cry cry

Cowlitzfisherman

#209622 - 09/10/03 03:09 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Plus weekends off
Plus only having to work day shift
Plus week long breaks during the 9 months

#209623 - 09/10/03 03:25 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Apparently you guys whined enough to Jerry to get him to pull off the website link
Nobody whined to me CFM

I went to the website that Jerry has now removed

I just looked up that teachers salary on the site that Jerry has now pulled

So that's my example why the website that Jerry has now removed

That's 4 times in your post CFM that you mentioned me removing the address. I had concluded after reading ALL the replies and weighing ALL answers that the web address was in poor taste. Anybody that wants the address I'm sure can email you and you would gladly send them the info.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#209624 - 09/10/03 03:28 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Thanks for reminding me DUROBOAT15!

I forgot to mention the other 2 or mores weeks off like Christmas Vacation, and Easter Vacation week! cry cry cry

Not bad at all! laugh

Cowlitzfisherman

#209625 - 09/10/03 03:28 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Dan S. Offline

cfm,

Well, it IS standard practice to earn more as your years of expereince grow. Anybody who is still working for the same wages they were 10 years ago is either lazy or a fool.

I know that teachers only work full-time 9 months out of the year, but they hardly work 9-5 during those months. Overworked? No, but I doubt it's as easy as many make it out to be.

The funny thing is, nobody complains about what a CEO makes..........yet you pay THEIR salary too. Not in taxes, but you pay it if you buy stuff from them. $62,000/year can be justified as far as I'm concerned but how do you justify being paid a million dollar bonus when your company's workforce had been decimated by layoffs?
It's a little different, because you CAN choose not to buy items from such a company, but you HAVE to pay taxes.......but it's similar.

Thoughts?

#209626 - 09/10/03 03:37 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

You know Jerry,

After reading what a lot of these "public employees" are now making, it left a pretty "bad taste" in a lot of our mouths also!

Sorry about those taste buds Jerry laugh

Cowlitzfisherman

#209627 - 09/10/03 03:49 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

"The funny thing is, nobody complains about what a CEO makes.........."

That sure isn't what I have been hearing on the news for the past year! laugh

Tell that one to all the stock holders that took it in shorts!

You said;"... but you HAVE to pay taxes.......but it's similar." Dan that's not really true! If your old enough and don't make over a certain amount, you can get out of paying special school levy taxes. That's not fair either, because you then put the tax burden onto your neighbor just because they may be younger and can't qualify for the same exemption!

Go figure!

Cowlitzfisherman

#209628 - 09/10/03 04:02 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Dan S. Offline

cfm,

I'm curious about this exemption from levies......can you elaborate a little?

Sure you can avoid paying taxes......all you have to do is live in poverty. Not my cup of tea, though.

#209629 - 09/10/03 04:11 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

CFM,
Im not joking when I say this. But you should run for public office of some kind. This state is in dire need of someone with your common sense and understanding of state issues.
But I understand why you wouldnt. Haveing to work with the people we have in office now could end up putting someone in an early grave. But you could count on my vote for sure!! laugh

Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, Excitable Bob), 903 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |