Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209508 - 09/06/03 06:31 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#209509 - 09/06/03 06:48 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Born to fish Offline
Parr

Loc: Elma, Washington
Cowlitz-

Thanks. Ends are meeting fine (most of the time) I just wish there was more like 30 hours in a day laugh

#209510 - 09/06/03 07:13 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Nailknot Offline
Smolt

Loc: Seattle
Cowlitz, since you seem convinced your tax dollars are supporting the entire WDFW as well as the rest of public works in the state, would you post your tax return so we can all see just how much you are contributing?

What a low class thread this is.

#209511 - 09/06/03 07:22 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Damn!

Another state employee is pi$$ed off again! laugh laugh

Cowlitzfisherman

#209512 - 09/06/03 07:30 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Nailknot Offline
Smolt

Actually I'm a business owner Cowlitz. So the business I started pays taxes, and the jobs resulting also pay taxes. But I'm sure you know how that works. Now how about that tax return, eh?

#209513 - 09/06/03 07:38 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Do you think that you got the gonads to post your total complete tax returns on this site?

I got the gonads to do so, but I'll bet you don't! laugh laugh

My total income is less then $15,000, so I say put up or shut up your big mouth!

and on that , I still have to pay taxes!!!

Cowlitzfisherman

#209514 - 09/06/03 07:44 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Nailknot Offline
Smolt

I didn't think so.

#209515 - 09/06/03 07:57 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Most likely while I was out fighting big business companies i.e., Tacoma Power for last five years of my life, you were rolling in big bucks. I guess it all depends on if you walk the talk, or you want to make big money! I am still waiting to see your tax returns! laugh laugh

And yes, I do still run a small business, but it's for all the fishermen best interest. Can you claim to be doing the same?

Cowlitzfisherman

#209516 - 09/06/03 08:14 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Fishtales Offline
Smolt

Loc: Monroe
I'm a government (city) employee here in Washinton and it was brought to our attention months ago that this same web site has all our salaries listed. At first I was disturbed, then realized everything I do at work, being payed by tax payers, is public. This includes email, letters, timecards, etc... They have a right to know where their dollars go. I agree with a previous post that names aren't necessary and they should just list jobs or job categories. But we are told in advance that EVERYTHING is public knowledge!!

#209517 - 09/06/03 08:15 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
I wonder CFM do you want to post the salaries of police, teachers and firemen. They too are public employees.

Or how about posting the WFDW employee's leave records, performance reports, sick leave, on the job injuries reports. Should all public employees lose their privacy as a requirement for employment?

I know for a fact that the entrance requirements for a game warden are very tough. THey select only the best of the best., then ask them to put in long hours, put up with illinformed loudmouths and get by on a barebones budget. I salute them. I wish we could afford to pay them more and to hire more of them.

I find that most folks are paid what they can demand based upon education, work history, personality and other related factors. In other words most of us get what we deserve.

#209518 - 09/06/03 08:57 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

#209519 - 09/06/03 10:19 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Quote:
Originally posted by cowlitzfisherman:
Born to fish

I don't see a huge fleeing of any public servants lately do you? So it can't be all that bad! laugh

Cowlitzfisherman
CFM: If you make as little as you say, our taxes probably don't pay for much, maybe a new road sign, or something like that. It shoudln't be a real big concern. Cheer up, maybe your taxes went to something you really like, such as the EPA.

Your sad old argument quoted above has been the mantra of those who hate paying a fair amount to any sort of Government worker for at least 30 years. What you may not grasp is that many public employees, including cops, teachers, and firemen, do their jobs because they love them, not simply for the remuneration. The fact that schoolteachers don't leave in droves is love of teaching, not the "huge" salary we pay teachers. And no, I am not a teacher, nor am I planning on responding to this thread again. As a preious poster said, this is a really low class thread.

#209520 - 09/06/03 10:34 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
State workers in general are a joke. Half the work for twice the pay. When you drive through a state construction site more often than not they are standing there twidling their thumbs instead of working. Yep that's my money well spent.

Atleast now, thanks to cfm, I know just how much money I'm wasting.

You boys that work for the state don't bother crying back to me on this thread cause all I'll hear is blah blah blah blah.

I have several buddies that work for the state and they'll all agree to what I said. But as long as they're getting payed for doing little to nothing why not keep getting payed for doing little to nothing.

#209521 - 09/06/03 10:47 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

#209522 - 09/07/03 12:10 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Anonymous
Unregistered

So CFM what is your point? Something in particular or just in general? Any suggestions as to what could be done....who or what would you cut, reduce or change? Salary rates for all those positions are determined by surveys of similar positions nationwide within all types of government and private industry. You ask why someone wouldn't take the opportunity to move to a private job with better salary. Well in my case which is similar to many if not all other bios it would mean changing our consideration/perspective of the natural resources we work with from one of conservation to one of pure profit making for our employer. I personally could have a much higher salary and level of perks if I chose to join the commercial industry....but that would also mean having to change my way of working with natural resources. Glowballs perspective of state workers using the context of DOT employees shows a lack of any knowledge of WDFW employess and what they do....maybe he should try volunteering for a field project sometime so he may speak with actual knowledge of what he is talking about. ltlcleo I knew you were raised right....e-mail me as the fishies be in mass quantities below the cabin. Nuff said...continue to piss and moan.

#209523 - 09/07/03 12:50 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Born to fish Offline
Parr

Loc: Elma, Washington
Nah Cowlitz, I don't take any of this personal. I made the choice for who I work for and this stuff just comes with the territory.

I'm not directing the rest of this at you Cowlitz, but the board in general. By the way, it sounds like you've figure out who I am, so you gonna drop me a hint about yourself confused

I think if push came to shove and we compared equivalent jobs between private and state sector I think we'd see similar good to bad employee ratios. If that were actually the case, would folks feel that's acceptable or would state workers be held to a higher standard?

I know last week I went to several parts houses looking for some car parts and one guy was too busy bs'ing on the phone to help me. Another store the guy had no clue what I was after and had no clue how to look anything up. The other two stores employees were very helpful, but just didn't have the part I needed. I've also been trying to find someone to draw some building plans for me because I don't have time right now. Some folks won't even call me back and the others were just too busy to help me out. I tried to get them to recommend someone else and for whatever reason they weren't willing to help me out. Now if I added these up over the last couple of weeks, it would give someone the idea that a lot of private sector employees are worthless overpaid bums. Another example would be trying to hire a plumbing or electrical contractor where I live. From personal experience, it's an excercise in futility and when they do show up they bring the $30 part and spend 15 minutes installing it then expect you to pay $150 to $200.

Now in that same time I've had to contact L&I and employement securities to pay my workers comp and unemployment insurance. In both cases the clerks were very courteous and helpful. In one office it probably took 10 minutes or so to take care of things and probably 15 minutes to take care of things in the other. No complaints at all and I thougth they treated me better than the employees at a couple of the parts houses.

I know there are plenty of the exact opposite stories, but my question is: are state employees really worse or paid more than private sector employees as a whole?

#209524 - 09/07/03 01:04 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cupo Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: north sound
Is there a similar website that lists the names of people collecting unemployment and welfare?

#209525 - 09/07/03 01:18 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Anonymous
Unregistered

CFM as an expert you do acknowledge that natural resource budgets paid for by your tax dollars is about 1.5% of the state budget. This includes WDFW, DNR, DOE, IAC, Conservation Commission, State Parks and a couple other obscure agencies. All of those agencies get to split the 1.5 pennies out of every dollar you pay into the state budget thru various means.....used to be over 2.5% but hey life is tough lately. Some other state agency got that 1%. So you got a plan or what? What? No? You don't have one? Sheesh? Your great at stirren the crap but sure are short when it comes to bringing solutions to the discussion. How bout this...we all pay extra on our licenses for guaranteed increases in enforcement? Maybe pay more for increased access maintenance and acquisition? I would....oh btw I'm a taxpayer also. laugh

#209526 - 09/07/03 02:02 AM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
Fishtales Offline
Smolt

Loc: Monroe
CF- Thank you for appreciating my post, it is honestly how I feel.
Glowball- What you posted reflects what kind of friends you have if they actually work so little! Most of the "road-side-shovel-holders" I've seen are contractors, paid by gov't agencies, that were unfortunately awarded contracts based on bids. They are the ones taking it easy on the gov't dollar.

#209527 - 09/07/03 01:07 PM Re: Find out what state employees make-WDFW
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (eddie), 1344 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |