THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#211275 - 09/19/03 12:12 AM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Puyallup, WA
Quote:

same game different players... [/QB]
If the Indians are doing the same as what the white settlers did to the salmon runs like you suggest they are, they'd have been wiped out long ago.
I don't remember the years now but it wasn't long at all and the settlers had decimated the runs. It wasn't farming, logging, dams, or Indians that killed the Columbia salmon it was greedy uneducated settlers that did it, long before the other factors came into play. When I say uneducated I'm referring to the fact that they didn't know any different. Not all would have fished like they did if they knew the impact, but I'm sure some would just like the commercials today do.

#211276 - 09/19/03 01:37 AM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
Anonymous
Unregistered

well i guess as long as they're pumping out hatchery brats I suppose there will always be a run now wont there... but is it a really a run if its all hatchery fish...

only time will tell now eh?

my main concern is with money and big business comes power with the desicion makers... how soon before the sport season gets shorter and shorter...

#211277 - 09/19/03 02:09 AM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by Piper:

my main concern is with money and big business comes power with the desicion makers... how soon before the sport season gets shorter and shorter...
To be honest I don't pay alot of attention to the politics side of things. I used to but I soon realized I was ticked off all the time no matter what. I've since just kept an occasional eye on it and am much happier now. But what surprises me is that sportsmen should have more power when it comes to money than anyone. Granted you won't get them to agree on anything but where's the tackle companies that everyone gives their money too at in all this??
Sitting back east collecting more money. People need to start lobbying them to lobby for us. We'd get more fish and they'd get more $$$.

Why do the tribes and the commercials get away with what they do?? It's because they have organizations representing them as a whole. They don't have the WT vs. TU vs. everyone else.

#211278 - 09/19/03 02:44 AM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by sinker:
Personally I have no problem at all with it. They've done far more than the state for our fisheries and will continue to do so.
What a statement.......... They have done nothing except effectively whine and wave the treaty...... We taxpayers have been the ones to "Do it" by supporting their fisheries with our tax dollars. And believe me, if they could get all whites banned from fishing (as my wifes uncle used to say, and he was a tribal board member "You have no right fishing in our waters") in any waters that they fish they would......
What a bonehead way to think.....

MC beathead

"Equal Rights" are not "Special Rights"........

#211279 - 09/19/03 02:49 AM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by DUROBOAT15:
Out of the three tagged fish I got in Elliott Bay last year the 2 biggest came from the Muckulshoot Hatchery.
For heavens sake people, do you all forget who paid (and pays) for these "Tribal" hatcheries? You and I, unless of course you are on of those lucky tribal members (since they do not pay the taxes we do)......

MC

#211280 - 09/19/03 02:58 AM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by AuntyM:
Who the hell should provide salmon for the market? I'd rather it be tribes than commercials.
Well at least the commercials pay taxes on what they catch and sell...... Crock of shiot that the tribes get use of all the public resources that we do, yet they do not pay the taxes that we do........ I guess I'll start sitting in the back of the bus now.....

MC

#211281 - 09/19/03 03:13 AM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by ltlCLEO:
We came into this beautiful country,set up caneries,just about decimated every run in the great northwest,proceeded cutting all the trees down,damn up all the rivers,but its them f@%* indians that are responsible.
Very true, but we learned and are changing our ways.... Most of the tribe members that fish would take every last one and could care less... I thought that way of thinking was why we were so bad..... Feminine males way of thinking makes me want to puke....

MC

#211282 - 09/19/03 03:15 AM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by DUROBOAT15:
You may be shocked at how much they and other tribes do. People just need to do a little research.
Yeah, give me the kind of funding that they get and I could accomplish a lot too..... God, everyone acts like they have done all of this without any help from anybody.....

#211283 - 09/19/03 03:21 AM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by sinker:
Quote:

same game different players...
If the Indians are doing the same as what the white settlers did to the salmon runs like you suggest they are, they'd have been wiped out long ago.
I don't remember the years now but it wasn't long at all and the settlers had decimated the runs. It wasn't farming, logging, dams, or Indians that killed the Columbia salmon it was greedy uneducated settlers that did it, long before the other factors came into play. [/QB]
You have watched too much Beavis and Butthead and you fall into the latter category. Without the dams, farming, logging, etc., the indians would be freezing their ass off sitting in a teepee wishing for a warm piece of food.... They sure enjoy modern living, but curse it as being the reason for them needing protection and special priviledge......... Hell, they cannot even hunt or fish using "Traditional" methods.... Mercurys and monofiliment nets were not available in the 1800's...... Oh, I forgot, you were too busy watching MTV to learn anything in school.....

MC

#211284 - 09/19/03 09:22 AM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

MasterCaster,
You...............ah #@&% it!! rolleyes beathead

yeah, I happened to like a show that was on MTV well after I was in school. Yup, never learned anything. I will now bow before your narrow-minded ass because you know so much more than the rest of us and you show it so well with your enlightening posts.

#211285 - 09/19/03 09:26 AM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
Boy MC I thought they had run most of the White Surpremists out of Idaho!! Guess not!!
What are you mad that the Indians were Tresspassing on your land thousands of years before the White men found it or what?
So its OK if tax money is given to someone to run hatcherys as long as they are white? And I would guess that you would spend billions in tax dollars to save "native" fish but not a nickel to help the native humans. What part of this cant you understand the Indians and fish survived perfectly well togather for thousands of years there was not a problem till white man showed up. And buy the way do you fish the way your four fathers did? You know with a stick and a string or just a gaff hook. The sad part is I spent most of my life being a bigot against the Indians just like you. But I sure am glad I woke up to the truth.

#211286 - 09/19/03 11:36 AM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
Fish4Fun Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton
Here is a nice picture from the Duwamish River. You may notice the net is from bank to bank. Now why would anyone have a problem with this confused

#211287 - 09/19/03 11:50 AM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
feminan males way of thinking make me want to puke

I hope that means I make you want to puke! banana that thought does not bother me a bit

#211288 - 09/19/03 01:30 PM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
"Without the dams, farming, logging, etc., the indians would be freezing their ass off sitting in a teepee wishing for a warm piece of food.... "

Actually they'd be sitting in a wooden structure with a cook fire going, probably eating some fresh fish.

Got any more facts we can absorb? beathead

#211289 - 09/19/03 02:01 PM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
I have been down stairs working on my never ending remodle project thinking about where the feminine male thing comes from.I think I got it!

You see a while back mc was spouting some more of his pure hatred retorick and I made a referance similiar to duroboats idea of white supremacy.Of course mc did not like that and started with some little kidddy behavior leaving little nasty notes around for me.I seem to remember one was a personal message,referancing a thread that had something to do with a gay parade and my use of the word normal people vs what ever they choose to be called these days.So in conclusion,I would have to guess that mc is calling me gay?I do not think I have been called that since the first grade.I guess I can quit worrying myself over that now.back to work.

#211290 - 09/19/03 02:01 PM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

F4F,
Here are some really disturbing net pictures to check out.
www.alaska.net/~wizard/commfish/and11.jpg
www.alaska.net/~wizard/commfish/and02.jpg

#211291 - 09/19/03 02:16 PM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Why am I not surprised at your lame replies? I dislike white people more than most, especially the idiots. So I am a White Supremicist because I cannot stand double standards? I guess since my son is 1/2 indian I hate hime too?
Why did they rush to rebury Kennewick man only after he was aged at 9,000 plus years and had european features? Maybe there were caucasions over here during or maybe even before the asians (Indians).
What I hate more than anything are weak minded people that preach for everyone to be proud of their culture and heritage, except their own. I am tired of my son (who is 1/2 white) being ashamed of that part of him. He can revel in his indian ethnicity, but cannot be proud of his caucasion ethnicity without idiots like you calling him a "Racist" or "White Supremicist"......... Believe me, I hate a lot about the white race, especially those in the Gov't and Corporate America..... Not because of their color, but rather their actions. I have no love for ANY race that thinks they are special of above any other race...... That includes the whites that believe that....

Cleo, I don't know why I bother replying to your pathetic dribble.... I never called you gay. I merely mentioned how you were slamming someone for name calling, then you mentioned the Gay parade and referred to yourself as "Normal"..... I think the gay community would then assume that you were calling them "abnormal", which maybe they are.. But You were slamming someone else for name-calling......

Spend one friggin day working in my field and your small clueless minds would be opened up to a lot.... It is not just indians..... Lots of lazy, wortless whites too (can you say Welfare?).

Have a great week in your world....

MC

#211292 - 09/19/03 02:19 PM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Duroboat15, before you let those pics disturb you too much, you should look at the numbers of pinks (that's what those are) caught over the last few years in AK.

http://www.cf.adfg.state.ak.us/geninfo/finfish/salmon/catchval/blusheet/02exvesl.htm

They're not even putting a dent in them. Depletion of the pink run from overharvest is probably the last thing they're worried about, particularly in S.E.

#211293 - 09/19/03 02:22 PM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

So, MC, you judge populations of people (whether it's actually a race thing with you it's hard to tell...you seem to hate ALL races) by the welfare cases that you deal with in your job? I don't get what you're saying....what do you do?

#211294 - 09/19/03 02:27 PM Re: Muckleshoot salmon sales...
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Skywalker,
Yea I know thats why I posted that linc on the end of the first page of this thread about the 2 million pinks stripped of there eggs and dumpped over.I was just tring to show that the Indians are not the only ones to waste fish.That the commercials do the same thing.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1428 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |