THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#219497 - 11/20/03 03:58 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
BEANCOUNTER Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bothell
Yeah, I bought my two tickets from a loley Husky fan. These tickets are easier to come by than WSU vs. New Mexico.

GO COUGS!!!!

#219498 - 11/20/03 04:09 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Lots of tickets for sale, huh?

Maybe people are just tired of watching the same thing year in and year out...........you know, the Huskies kicking the Coogs' asses.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#219499 - 11/20/03 04:10 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
Rapid Robert Offline
Spawner

Loc: Selah Wa.
I thought arrogance was the Huskie tradition? :p

GO COUGS !!!

#219500 - 11/20/03 04:12 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
BEANCOUNTER Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Niiiiice RR

#219501 - 11/20/03 04:14 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
dreamin of fishin Offline
Fry

While we're bashing the Fuskies...maybe the tide is turning in other areas than football.
Pooh-dub may be the only "so called" university around who's compliance officer gamble...I mean WTF?!
Maybe all those nose up puppies aren't as smart as they think they are!

I'm not saying that the Cougs are all that smart, but then again, we don't claim to be.

A little analogy for ya:
Remember Happy Gilmore?
The Cougs are Happy, the fun loving guy that everyone likes and enjoys being around...while the Fuskies are Shooter McGavin, that just dick of a guy you wanna punch in the face everytime you see him!

As for the Rose Bowl..."somebodies cloooosseerr"

GO COUGS!

#219502 - 11/20/03 04:19 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
Doug P Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Redmond
Hey DanS, look what you started......bad dawg. Good job, thought we were going have a slow Apple Cup week, now if RR and I can get Superfly to tell us to " ph#$# off " We will be ready for the game............. GO COUGS!

#219503 - 11/20/03 04:23 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

I just felt something was "missing" this week. You can't let AC week go by without the proper amount of Coog/Husky smack being tossed around.

Glad to see the Dawgs and Cougs here step up to the plate. thumbs

#219504 - 11/20/03 04:26 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
Rapid Robert Offline
Spawner

What DanS said beer

cougdad, your killin me LOL thumbs

GO COUGS !!!

#219505 - 11/20/03 05:05 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: West of Eden
Quote:
Originally posted by superfly:
all the years of success and tradition
Somewhere in the background, on the lips and minds of fans supporting the scholastic institutions of fading football powers, getting louder every year, we hear the distinct tones of the Boss and that fatefull tune....

GLORY DAYS naa na na na...

as the powers that once were fade into oblivion and a fresh new guard emerges.

Allthough, despite the all the whimpering from the pups is fun to watch and I love to revell in their demise, I hate seeing the look on Gilby's face during the games...I have to say that both schools now have coaches that parents of players should be comfortable with in that they are decent individuals and seem to be good role models...nothing but positives for both schools and the state in general.

Thats enough kind words for the Dawgs for one year...Now on with the blugeoning. We'll see who bleeds purple in the next few years...they'll be the obvious ones...sitting in their Audies in the stadium parking lot, clutching a bottle of chardonay, glazed look on their face, drool on chin, humming "GLORY DAYS" dreaming of Cookie Jackson, Joe Steele, and that crazy long haired punt returner/reciever they had a few years back who just wouldn't fair catch a ball.

#219506 - 11/20/03 05:13 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
Dan S. Offline

Quote:
and that crazy long haired punt returner/reciever they had a few years back who just wouldn't fair catch a ball.
Ahh, yes. "Joe the Toe" Jarzynca.........did anyone ever tell that guy he could call a fair catch?

Shoot, you could have put that guy in at defensive end and he'd have made plays.

Maybe Joe could give the Dawgs a pregame pep talk..........or at least check for a pulse. We need his attitude on the field for this game.

#219507 - 11/20/03 05:27 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
dreamin, you might want to note that be it coug or dawg that is posting, they are doing it with fun respect. No need to call names or be flat out rude. I realize you are new to the board, this banter goes on every year and has always been fun, lets try to keep it that way. The board owner is a dawg, fyi.

#219508 - 11/20/03 05:29 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
papaslap Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
great to see the cougs' offensive coaches, chuck and duck check in laugh laugh laugh laugh

#219509 - 11/20/03 05:31 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
Happy Birthday The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Yeah, Joe RULED! That was one crazy dude, but made the games very enjoyable to watch!

I do recall that our field-goal unit was SOOO bad that most of the 70+ thousand fans were shouting for the Dawgs to go for it on EVERY 4th down..regardless of where they were on the field.

Heck, I believe we lost out on the Rose Bowl that year because of a missed field goal.

Ugh - speaking of nightmares at Husky Stadium...the worse game I ever saw there was when the #2 Dawgs faced off against the #456 UCLA Bruins. Was a shoe in victory for the Dawgs and would have put us at t he #1 spot in the nation (how many times has that happened to the Cougs - being #1 in the Nation, that is)? #1 Notre Dame had just lost by 3:00 pm. As it turned out, we lost that game and lost our bid at a National Championship that year (I think we won it the next year, though). I think we ended up #3 in the Nation.

One of the best games was a 44-0 AssStomping against USC. All Todd "I'm way too stoned" Marijuanavich told the papers after the game was "All I saw was purple jerseys and blue sky all day from me being on the ground" We sacked him like 8 times that day! Oooo!

Can't say that I've had a "best" game at Martin Stadium, as it's kinda like visitin my old High School. Boy, that place is a DISGRACE to the Pac-10.

I can say, however, that the WORSE game I've been to at Martin Stadium was a SnowBowl Apple Cup where we ended up losing. Man, it was cold, snowy, wet, and the fans truly sucked donkey-balls. Some of the most classless folks I've EVER run in to at any collegiate football game. The best part was all the Cooogs were so happy that they wont the Apple Cup and were going to the Copper Bowl.

Funny, as all the Dawg fans leaving the stadium still had smiles on their faces because we were heading to the Rose Bowl (again)...for the 3rd straight year. laugh

Man, I don't know who I hate worse, the University of Spoiled Children, or the Cooogs. I'd hate OryGun, but no respectul Dawg fan actually *cares* about them. wink Funny how the Dawgs is OryGun's BIG game every year.

Will be interesting to see how each team is doing in 5 years, after Dooby and Gilly have had some recruits. Saturday's teams are still left-overs from Pricey and The Weasel.

Win or lose at Apple Cup, I'll be back for more abuse next year.

Look for me at the game. I'll be wearing Purple. wink

#219510 - 11/20/03 05:45 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: West of Eden
Quote:
Originally posted by papaslap:
great to see the cougs' offensive coaches, chuck and duck check in laugh laugh laugh laugh
WE, resemble that comment...

How do you keep a Husky from masturbating?

Tatoo a University of Nevada logo on his johnson and he can't beat it.

#219511 - 11/20/03 06:04 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
BEANCOUNTER Offline
Juvenile at Sea

OK ChucknDuck, that was hilarious!!

#219512 - 11/20/03 06:58 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Thats ashame that the Cougs when they have a good team can't even fill there own Stadium. What gives there, just goes to show that there are very few real cougar fans.
It will be interesting to see where both programs are in 4 years with the guys getting to hire there own Staff and recruit there or Players. I think Dooby is a good guy, and actually brings a Little class to that school, like I said a little!!
Ans I think Gilby when he gets his guys will do well as well, how can he not, Most blue chippers in the west do want to Come to the U.W.
Peace
Superfly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#219513 - 11/20/03 07:43 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
Rapid Robert Offline
Spawner

OK let's do the math 1 more time. rolleyes

Pullmans population is 24,000....of those 19,000 are students.

3/4 of Wazzu's alumni live in western washington, a 10 hour round trip drive to any home game.....longer when the passes were bad, like last weekend.

So Joe, you can tell me that Huskie stadium would be full if 3/4's of your alum had to drive 10 hours to each home game?.......maybe but I think not. laugh

GO COUGS !!!!

#219514 - 11/20/03 07:57 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
dreamin of fishin Offline
Fry

yeah, what RR said...not to mention that we have been on prime time tv most of the season.

Oh and supafly, how ya gonna recruit well if you're on sanctions? I figure USC will be getting most of the bluechippers for the next 5 or so...or maybe someone else, but definately NOT the fuskies. Have fun in the cellar!

I for one am gonna enjoy the hell outa seeing them trying to get back to a winning season!

#219515 - 11/20/03 08:35 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
heres a little bit of math to throw in huskies have won 61 apple cups, cougars only 27, sorry cougars but incase u cant desipher that it means the huskies are a little bit more dominant.

GO DAWGS

#219516 - 11/20/03 09:43 PM Re: Too many Dawgs at PP to talk Apple Cup?
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Keep on Dreamin Fishin, there ain't going to be any sanctions, first of all there were no recruiting violations dip****!!!!
Secondly you guys know first hand what the cellar looks like huh, you have been there for so long it is just like home.
It is going to be tough to recruit against Sc but they are pretty loaded already and when kids commit there it will be sometime before they play.
peace
Superfly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (eddie), 1344 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |