Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#221958 - 12/22/03 01:02 PM Re: More crab closures
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima Wa. U.S.A.
Mastercaster,sorry to ruffle your feathers but I did say "some of you". The Duck

#221959 - 12/23/03 12:40 AM Re: More crab closures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rich - I think you are missing the point. This is not about me. It does not matter who I work for, the tribes, the state, the feds, consultants, greenpeace, etc. It does not matter who I support or who I sympathize with. Whether I am happy with tribal fisheries or not, is not at issue. What is at issue is misinformation and different ways of looking at how our resources are co-managed. I only offer a view if it might help correct a misconception. And I am one who looks at both sides, all sides, of fisheries management. Why? Because its the law. And an example of bigotry is the view that one side of our co-management arrangement is doing nothing but destroying our resource. It just isn't true.

grandpa - the state has no control over indian fishing. If there is a conservation issue then both side cease fishing. Thats the way it works. Again, these are not my beliefs, thats just the way it is. As for hunting, this is another arena entirely. Treaty hunting rights have not been adjudicated in federal court as fishing rights have. There are many, many instances where the State has prosecuted indians under State law and will likely continue doing so. Yes we do have the balls and we are using them.

ramprat - Again, this is not my mind we are talking about here. Believe me, mine is open. I deal with what people want from the resource on a regular basis... indian fishermen, commercial fishermen, sport fishermen, developers, legislators, environmental groups, feds, etc. My mind is opened on a continual basis. I could not agree more that fishermen who break the rules are in need of a ticket and conviction if guilty... ANY fishermen. Having said that, bigotry is indeed the right word. Sorry, but the shoe fits.

MasterCaster - No, we would not put a stop to it. We would negotiate for what we want. That's how it works. I am sure you know that Puget Sound chinook are listed as threatened under our (USA's) ESA. Did you also know that of all the Puget Sound chinook harvested in marine waters each year, most are caught in Canada? We don't like it and we will attempt to change the situation through negotiation and use of the co-management process... much like the process we use with the tribes.

boater - Again, this is not about me or who I work for. Suffice to say I know about the management of our fisheries resources in this State and I am sharing this perspective. It is not about liking it, it is about understanding how things work.

Speaking of open minds... let me share a perspective that I have been confronted with on a number of occasions. I read a lot about perspectives here but what about the perspective of the "other" side? I can share one. Many complain about the treaties. But how many know that indians complain about the treaties as well? You might be surprised how many indians would be happy to do away with the treaties... all we have to do is give western washington back to them.

Merry Christmas

#221960 - 12/23/03 01:33 AM Re: More crab closures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Give me a break Picificnw shoot

You never told us who you work for?

Ill tell ya what I do and Im sure 99% of the people here will tell ya what they do!

Why are you affraid to tell us who you work for?

No matter I think we all have a real good idea wink

Im a cop in Eastern Washington. I spent nearly 4 years as a cop on the Quileute Reservation. I spent alot of time around the fisherman and fish buyers and saw a lot of disturbing things. Im not just talking about the river fisheries, im talking about all the fisheries.

Obviously you dont know [Bleeeeep!] about what is going on.

#221961 - 12/24/03 01:19 AM Re: More crab closures
ramprat Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Graham
Pacificnw,
I really don't like to judge someome until I have walked in his shoes but,
It seems as though this time my first instinct was right you are Egotistical, you have a closed mind, Won,t listen to what any body else has to say and you are probably trying to see how many people you can p*** off on this board before you are booted.
I for one am done with your one sided closed mind ego trip posts (now where is that ignore button)
have a nice life
Ramprat

#221962 - 12/24/03 09:01 AM Re: More crab closures
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
pacificnw has done nothing to be booted. There is nothing wrong with somebody having an opinion and offering it up in a non threatening and logical manner. ho

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#221963 - 12/24/03 09:15 AM Re: More crab closures
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
Merry Christmas JG....Thanks for being the level head in this opinionated swamp full of crocodiles.....You know what they say about crocodiles: Big mouth...little ears.

#221964 - 12/24/03 09:29 AM Re: More crab closures
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
Oh by the way...When the state has closed fisheries for conservation reasons it is simply not true that the tribes stop fishing along with everyone else. I have said it before, the tribes are entitled to 50% of the fish but when the harvestable number is ZERO...50% of ZERO is not ZERO if you do math the indian way.

#221965 - 12/24/03 01:03 PM Re: More crab closures
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Oh yah, Merry Christmas

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#221966 - 12/24/03 04:19 PM Re: More crab closures
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
I agree with you Jerry! thumbs

It's good to let people talk and voice their opinion, as long as they do it civilly and stay within the guide lines that each of us have accepted when we joined onto Bob's Board.

Have a Merry Christmas

PS; you have done a good job of moderating Bob's board! laugh laugh thumbs ho ho

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#221967 - 12/24/03 04:25 PM Re: More crab closures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rich - I AM trying to give you a break. I am trying to inform you. I don't care who you work for. And who I work for makes no difference. Nothing personal. Of course, I disagree with your last remark. Trying to keep a civil tone here, man.

Ramprat - I kinda figured. Too bad you are p***ed off.

Jerry - Thank you... and Merry Christmas to you too.

grandpa - I could not agree more about the crocodiles. And, by definition, a true conservation issue requires all fishining to cease.

All - As with most things in our society today, this board must deal with the good and the bad. It is really good that this board is a place where folks can share fishing information and experiences. It is really too bad that this board also seems to be a popular place for the "lets hate the other side and feel good about ourselves for doing so" crowd. There are too many experts who already know "everything that is going on." Why should other people confuse them with the facts? As has been pointed out by a number of "regulars" on this board, this is no place for a neutral party to express ideas and facts... these just get in the way. Here is a quote for ya... I just made it up; "The glare of the truth is polarized by those in the "right."

And, by the way, no hard feelings. If I see ya out on the water, I'll give you a wave and wish you good luck.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

#221969 - 12/24/03 05:52 PM Re: More crab closures
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
Merry Christmas Aunty! ....you too grandpa! ho

ho ho ho

Cowlitzfisherman ho

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#221970 - 12/24/03 11:53 PM Re: More crab closures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pacificnw:
boater -
It is not about liking it, it is about understanding how things work.
ok i gota question, where was the non-tribal share of the grays harbor kings caught at ?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1176 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |