Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#223870 - 12/26/03 12:05 AM Blue Creek
River Rat Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Tacoma Wa. Perice
I am looking for some feed back.I was talking to my bother in law who livs on the river about the trash down there and what we coould do about it.Here is what we came up with, I am going to bring in 2 trash cans and tie them to trees.he is willing to pick up the trashin his sled if you will use them.the concern is that he will have a problm picking up the trash because he will have to come in while we are fishing. if you think this will work let me know and bring a trash bag chage the bag if the can is full tie off the full one leave it by the can for pick up.

#223871 - 12/26/03 01:03 AM Re: Blue Creek
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
This sounds familar... here's a link to last year's cleanup. Is Blue Creek a total trashed hole again? That's depressing.

Blue Creek Cleanup 2002

Good luck to you if you decide to clean the area up this year! hello

#223872 - 12/26/03 01:13 AM Re: Blue Creek
Iron Head Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: tacoma, Washington, US
I pick up as much garbage as possible whenever I visit BC, and I wish that people would only pick up their own stuff.

A few cans would be wonderful.

#223873 - 12/26/03 11:07 AM Re: Blue Creek
havnfun Offline
Spawner

Loc: tacomca,wa,pierce
we should all be doing it or lose it (the right to fish there). look at what we lost this year, Antones on the puyallup, several spots on the satsop, gravel bar on the noochie rember it is ours to lose!

#223874 - 12/26/03 12:28 PM Re: Blue Creek
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
You won't "loose it" for these 3 reasons!

1) It belongs to you (the state) and/or the state either owns it or has perpetual rights to use it. (pretty sure it's DNR property)

2) The states wants fishermen to fish there because they harvest a lot of hatchery fish which they do not want mixing with there so called "wild stock" of late winter run steelhead.

3) The less fish that make it back up the creek to the trap at the hatchery, the less WDFW employees have to work to recycle the fish back down river.

That's why so many "pigs" dumps there trash there! It's no different then our highways and forests! It would be no different then any other public place that had no trash cans, and no one to clean it up after the pigs leave. The best thing that a game warden could do at Blue Creek; is to write tickets for littering instead of tickets for unpunched fish!

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#223875 - 12/26/03 03:25 PM Re: Blue Creek
Mooch Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kingston, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by cowlitzfisherman:
The best thing that a game warden could do at Blue Creek; is to write tickets for littering instead of tickets for unpunched fish!
Now wouldn't that be a hoot! You know that might even make a serious dent in the state's hatchery program budget shortfall. Oops. Sorry, I meant "state's general fund". rolleyes
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

#223876 - 12/26/03 03:27 PM Re: Blue Creek
lugnutt06 Offline
Parr

Loc: Olympia
Is it feasibloe to build a small gravel walkway to Blue Creek so someone could drive a 4 wheeler or golf cart down to collect the garbage. I believe if there were cans (as in public parks) the garbage situation might be little better. Then again, anyone sorry enough and disrespectful to throw garbage down probaly wouldn't place it in a can. The lack of respect for anyting these days in society is astounding.

#223877 - 12/26/03 06:29 PM Re: Blue Creek
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

CFM,

You're too full of good ideas! Hope you had a great Christmas. Now that's great! Let's see if we can get WDFW agents to write citations for littering. I gotta' agree that would be a constructive action.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1386 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |