Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#225317 - 12/31/03 08:00 PM Re: Quinault Trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

Grandpa,

I have nothing agianst any of the Quinault Guides as individuals. I just wont suppot or agree with the fact they have exclusive rights to the river and the hatchery fish that are paid for by our federal and state tax dollars that they have no contribution to. If they want to use federal monnies to make the hatchery fish everyone should have the right to fish for them without paying if the desire no matter if its on the reservation or not.

#225318 - 12/31/03 08:30 PM Re: Quinault Trip
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
This all might be moot anyhow 'cuz looking at the river (we went over night before last), it may be a VERY long time time before it produces any quality fishing of any kind without use of a gill net.

B-RUN ... For our schedule, if you decide you'd like to do something, here's how we're looking:
Jan - Full
Feb - open 11, 17
March - Full
April - open 4-8, 11, 13-15

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#225319 - 01/01/04 12:54 AM Re: Quinault Trip
Bustinbig Offline
Spawner

Loc: silverdale
WOW.i thought this guy was just lookin for some info on a guide??? not you political preference. :p

#225320 - 01/01/04 01:04 AM Re: Quinault Trip
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Inky or Tandy Charley. Steve let us down with a late arrival.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#225321 - 01/01/04 06:03 PM Re: Quinault Trip
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima Wa. U.S.A.
Fished with Tandy last year. Wasn't that impressed. Very short day for the money. Heard that Inky was a lot more fun. The Duck

#225322 - 01/01/04 06:43 PM Re: Quinault Trip
Jaydee Offline
2010 SRC Champion!

Loc: Paradise City!
Quote:
Originally posted by bustinbig:
WOW.i thought this guy was just lookin for some info on a guide??? not you political preference. :p
NO kidding, me too.

#225323 - 01/02/04 09:33 AM Re: Quinault Trip
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by jaydee:
Quote:
Originally posted by bustinbig:
[b] WOW.i thought this guy was just lookin for some info on a guide??? not you political preference. :p
NO kidding, me too. [/b]
Well he was, and sorry for steering this thread off in another direction..... but....

I am sure that Robyn (and others) are great people and it is wonderful that he is trying to stop tribal gillnetting. My disgust with that system and support of that tribal fishery is nothing more than the point, that on non-tribal rivers (rivers off the res) they do not have to pay to fish, but on THEIR river we can only fish if we pay. What about the 50/50 deal? If we have to pay to have the pleasure of fishing a river on their reservation, then the Sovereign Nation when off of its border should have to pay equally. Hell, they do not even have to pay launching fee's like we all do. Just plain unfair, and I will not support their interests and/or fisheries until I feel they will support mine... Simple as that... But to you that feel different, no problem. I respect your opinions and I know if Dave and Grandpa like this guy then he must be a great guy....

Regards!

MC smile

"Equal Rights" are not "Special Rights"........

#225324 - 01/02/04 11:06 AM Re: Quinault Trip
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
NO one would like to see real equality more than I would. I wonder what the world would be like if we didn't have all the programs, laws and treaties trying to engineer humanity. Probably alot better. Indians would probably not be in the shape they're in, blacks would probably have assimilated into society just fine decades ago, welfare would be unknown and unnecessary. BUT....The feel good social engineers have had a field day for the last 50 or so years and the result has been a gigantic mess. A mess so bad that we may never be able to right the wrongs. SO in the meantime I will continue to fight against the tribes "super-citizen" status but I won't hold it against the law abiding individuals.

I hope to make contact with tribal leaders this year and atleast see if there is any hope of working together. Fishermen are tough nuts to crack when it comes to softening hatreds....I was at a meeting not long ago where one person said he would rather spit on the indians that work with them....To that another member of the group said something like this: Many of us would consider that to be a waste of spit........

So you can see with feelings like that we may have to wait along time for things to get better. In the mean time I may visit
Robbin from time to time and listen to his side of the story once more.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (OLD FB), 216 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |