Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#225343 - 12/29/03 10:51 PM topics on this site
CB Offline
Alevin

Loc: wa
I am a new member but have been watching for years. I have seen the decline in real info on this site. I feel it is to bad that people think that people should not share info as to where fishing is hot or not. I have watched people scould others for saying any little tid bit of info on any river. I do not have alot of time to drive everywhere to see how all rivers are doing and used to enjoy this site as to who caught what where feeling good for them. as I may be able to use the info to judge where to go. All the rivers do not belong to one individual and the holes and secret spots. It is hard enough to find a river in good shape with fish in it. Just because someone tells someone else that there are fish in a river doesn't mean that person is going to go to that river and catch every fish in the water. This site has turned into a little chat room for gear and what ever I am sure that there are other sites to go to for the real info as this site used to be years ago if any body wants to clue me in thanks. frown This will probably be my first and last posting while being disappointed in fellow fishing buds.

#225345 - 12/29/03 11:56 PM Re: topics on this site
papaslap Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
beer

#225346 - 12/30/03 12:13 AM Re: topics on this site
Anonymous
Unregistered

the cowlitz is smokin right now!

#225347 - 12/30/03 12:39 AM Re: topics on this site
Sparkey Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Western Washington
I find it interesting that this is your first post...

It seems that you are disapointed that this site is no longer the great source of information it once was.

Well, did you ever think you were part of the problem? Given that you have never contributed any information, any advice, any tips, any help etc., you, IMHO, have no right to complain about the lack of information or fishing reports etc. as you have yet to contribute anything.

Plus, we are not here to discover the magic fishing hole for you, nor the end all of techniques etc. etc.

Piscatorial Pursuits...Sponges Need Not Register :p

#225348 - 12/30/03 12:40 AM Re: topics on this site
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
I think alot of it boils down to this CB.

I will bet that several of the old time members of this board have experienced this "if you talk about it, they will come" phenom, let me tell you my story.

Last year I fished West Point alot for Blackmouth and we were limiting on every trip in late Dec and early Jan. I have always liked to share information, so I posted that it was hot and this was the place to go fish. Well, the next Saturday morning we were out there at 7am and the traffic was heavier than the I-5 freeway I used to get downtown. Literally speaking, the place was packed with about 15 more boats than normal 3 or 4. I couldnt beleive it. I knew it was my fault, so I said to myself that from that point forward I would lay off on the reporting. My buddies were even doggin me saying "you sold out our spot on the internet and look what happened."

What would you do after that? I am now quite a bit more selective of exactly what I post here, cause I know the effects first hand.

#225349 - 12/30/03 12:45 AM Re: topics on this site
Anonymous
Unregistered

CB,

I am a new poster as well, and can understand your comments, BUT, I do believe the same info is still available here, just that folks comment on the topics at hand, rather than start a new thread to talk about their success (or lack thereof) for that day.

There does seem to be a few rather divisive topics, and I posted to one a few days ago with less than positive results. Sure didn't mean to anger people, but apparently I stepped on a lot of toes with some rather direct comments. That is one mistake that won't happen again, I assure you. Those types of threads are anathema, IMO.

Fishing Report: I can tell you the Skagit above Rockport is still giving up a few decent Silvers, and a the hatchery fish are coming in spurts (so I hear...I can't catch one but that is most likely due to lack of experience).

If any board seems to become a haven for just a few regulars, no information is provided and alternative opinions or information is not desired or accepted, then it is time to head elsewhere. Keep in mind that any board is the sum of its (posting) members, and you are a part of that gang....rather than stay in the shadows as you have, jump in and be a part of the communication. You have knowledge of where/how you fish also; don't be afraid to share it. Why haven't you posted before to other folks questions?

Persevere CB...but be a part of the board and help make it a better place.

Mike B

#225350 - 12/30/03 01:10 AM Re: topics on this site
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Mike B,

Well said! thumbs

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#225351 - 12/30/03 10:37 AM Re: topics on this site
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
CB.....seems to me you have forgotten a few things, or have unrealistic expectations. You will meet all kinds of folks here and elsewhere. Most all are good folks and will try to help with just about anything, but don't expect anyone to destroy their own enjoyment by advertisement. Once in a while a person can get some more detailed information by private message or e-mail (which is usually available by clicking on each angler's name).
Don't expect to not step on toes, or to get yours stepped on.....happens. Get over it. Seldom is there intention to offend, and when there is.....so what?....like rain off a duck's back, bud. beer

#225352 - 12/30/03 11:13 AM Re: topics on this site
papaslap Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
This is a good time and spot to send out a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to those of you that responded with suggestions for where I might find some productive fishy holes today and tommorrow. That was very cool of you to share with me and at the same time perhaps I wont have to fight for a parking spot. Now, when I feel em bit what do I do? Big ass bass set?

#225353 - 12/30/03 11:39 AM Re: topics on this site
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#225354 - 12/30/03 12:35 PM Re: topics on this site
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
CB,

Good luck finding a better fishing forum. Don't let the door hit you on the way out... ho

#225355 - 12/30/03 02:56 PM Re: topics on this site
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Read about and learn the techniques people discuss here, and you won't NEED any hot river reports. If your technique is good, it won't matter all that much where you wet your line.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#225356 - 12/30/03 03:33 PM Re: topics on this site
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Some times you just have to weed out the BS and take the rest for what it's worth.You'll have to spend some time on here to figure out who and what to beleive and not to beleive.This site is full of great info if you dig hard enough or participate willingly on a regular basis.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#225357 - 12/30/03 05:01 PM Re: topics on this site
Kyle_A Offline
Spawner

I've always said, "Just get out and fish" If you do, you'll meet people who will show you places and things. I too have been victim of telling a story and having the traffic multiply the next week. If you want your favorite whole to stay secluded, you'll watch what you say as well. Post and learn about technique, but leave the where and when up to those to learn themselves. If they don't take the effort to explore and learn, then they don't reap the benefits of the spot.

#225358 - 12/30/03 05:23 PM Re: topics on this site
rwgav8 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Orting
i somehow doubt cb is even returning to read these posts computer

#225359 - 12/30/03 05:31 PM Re: topics on this site
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't write him off. If he has been watching for years you can bet he is still lurking around...

CB... You would be suprised at just how helpful people are if you just ask...

#225360 - 12/30/03 08:03 PM Re: topics on this site
CB Offline
Alevin

Loc: wa
Thanks for all the good input. there was some very good points brought up that i hadn't thought of like that. after this encouragement I will probably stay in touch.

Thanks again for the responses

#225361 - 12/30/03 08:13 PM Re: topics on this site
moocher man Offline
Fry

Loc: Gig Harbor, Wash.
CG, give Ifish.net a look see, maybe it is more to your liking. beer

#225362 - 12/30/03 10:21 PM Re: topics on this site
Bustinbig Offline
Spawner

Loc: silverdale
cb,i thought your first post was your last? see you allready learned something!! beathead

#225363 - 12/31/03 01:57 AM Re: topics on this site
fromcuthroattosteelies Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: olympia
I see what you're saying CB. As a newbie to this site a couple years back I had never "lurked" before posting reports/questions so I really had no idea what this forum was about. Hence, I posted numerous reports about places that didn't sit too well with many members. Let me tell you - I got FLAMED. slap It took me a while to figure things out but I realized the reason they were scolding me after a while. I didn't realize what I was doing but now I understand. I'll be honest, some of the NFR stuff bugs me, but I've learned not to read it. Stick with this site. You'll learn a TON of info that will prove extremely valuable on the water. Nothings better than sharing info and helping fellow anglers. CFM said it best when he stated that "one must earn the trust of fellow board members before expecting information." Contribute and tell us what you know and you'll be delighted with the responses you receive once people know who you are. Did that make any sense?

#225364 - 12/31/03 06:47 AM Re: topics on this site
KingFisher85 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Amboy Wa
I just have to say...I've gotten sick of this board and MANY of the other boards. Just cause your walking on egg shells every time you make a post...Who's toes am I gonna step on next....
I still come back cause there are them few members that I like to read about and check up on and see how they been doing. Some of them members I've never met, but I hope to later down the road. beer But its also like the Eagles song, "hotel California" "You can check out any time you want but you can never leave"
And well, its true. Like you said above CB "have been watching for years"....your hooked and you don't wanna leave cause your woundering whats gonna happen next.

With over 5K members, your gonna step on someone's toes....Wounder how many toes I step on with my bad spelling laugh Heck, I bet ya I busted someone's bubble with this little post. evil
uh...dang it, did it again rolleyes
How to fix a gun-- Take it apart--Put it back together--Hide extra parts~~~

#225365 - 12/31/03 04:51 PM Re: topics on this site
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
In this life you have to have a thick skin or be willing to join the herd. Say what you want and then don't cry about what others think or do in response or join the heard and just follow.

#225366 - 01/01/04 08:57 PM Re: topics on this site
floatandjig Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Puyallup
I think sharing info is great as long as you don't go too far. I was fishing a good strech of a local river, and I caught a steelhead about 5lbs. and then a gentleman next to me caught a chromer about 9lbs. while three other fisherman watched. We brushed our fish and a drift boat came by and the man spilled his guts about everything. He told them of the fish we caught and the tactics we were using. The next morning, the place looked like Blue Creek. To say I was Pissed off would be an understatement. Sometimes people just need to shut their mouths instead of giving away secrt holes that they they worked hard to find.

#225367 - 01/01/04 09:02 PM Re: topics on this site
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
There are very few secrets.....just lots of fishermen who think there are.

#225368 - 01/01/04 10:09 PM Re: topics on this site
ROCK Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Between 2 Mountains
KF85 hello hello

#225369 - 01/01/04 10:59 PM Re: topics on this site
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
Too bad you feel that way.
as a lurker you can not be contacted by Private messaging. we still share good spots and stuff here but thanks to lurkers like yourself alot of us prefer to post by using PM's so the non members dont benifit.

#225370 - 01/02/04 04:18 PM Re: topics on this site
fishingking00 Offline
Parr

Loc: bellingham
The woman's sewing club, stitch and B*tch, meets online every other Monday. They are always on the lookout for new members like yourself.

Fishingking00

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1049 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645360 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |