Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#225520 - 12/30/03 11:05 PM Hump
RDK Offline
Alevin

Loc: puyallup
I am a new guys on the street, my first time . Let me wip one on you. Could eany one give me a hint or two on some put in and take outs on the Hump. From say Steavens creek down. Or a good drift on the river, in and out. I have a drift boat and don't want to do a 20 mile drift in the winter.

#225521 - 12/30/03 11:35 PM Re: Hump
Jaydee Offline
2010 SRC Champion!

Loc: Paradise City!
Unless you know someone with private property, it is a long drift through the the steelie section below the forks.

#225522 - 12/31/03 08:30 PM Re: Hump
shawn Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Tacoma, WA
There are no secret take outs on the Humptulips. As with most rivers, the excessive littering and disrespect have forced many owners to close there property to fisherman. There is an excellent put in off Hansen road 1/2 mile above the hatchery. Unfortunately the next take out is 8 or so miles downriver at Ryannvann's Bar. This makes for a long float in the winter with limited daylight hours. The guy at the aors spends very little time fishing.
Hope this helps.

#225523 - 12/31/03 09:53 PM Re: Hump
RDK Offline
Alevin

Loc: puyallup
Thanks guys for the input. I understand about the littering problen. My home river being the nooch. I have seen things that at times that have made me embarassed to call my salf a fisherman. 15 years ago when I found my little baby, it was #10 on the chart. Then some fishing rag did a story. The next week it was wall to wall and been that way seance. I went from seeing 3 or 4 boats a day, up to 50 going down as a pack. I try to do my part to pick up litter and all that. But Iam just one boat and can't stand by 24/7. This year it come to a head. The property owner of the gravel bar between White bridge and Black creek blocked the road. The launch at Black creek can't take 50 boats hiting the ramp at the same time, no room. I went last weekend on that long drift from White bridge to Black creek, got to be 10 miles. Pulled up to one of the better holes and 7 boats ware piled up. I was at the back of the pack. The last boat, stayed up top and let them slide down. Slid down into my super duper secret spot and got a fish on the first cast. But thats not the point, I know every rock on that river and can always pull fish. Its just not the same. If all I wanted to do is get fish to eat, I could go to Safeway and have a ton of more money in the bank. I am thinking it's time to move on, and find some water with less people. Hard to do when you know a river the way I know that one. But what the hay, 1/2 the fun is exploring out that new super duper secret spot. Thanks agane Shawn, think I will go down to the Hump and see if I can find Ryannvanns bar. thumbs

#225524 - 01/01/04 11:01 AM Re: Hump
CB Offline
Alevin

Loc: wa
I don't know when your going but the float from 101 to rinvanes is a long way. I have fished it before and if you spend anytime at all fishing alot of the good holes you will be in for taking out at dark. I usally only spend 30 or 45 min a spot and I end up pushing out for one hour to make it at dark

good luck it is nice fishing

#225525 - 01/01/04 04:08 PM Re: Hump
Sid Fishious Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: seattle,wa
RDK, Look for large timber on left side of road (headed SW)with reflectors on side of driveway. This will be the turn you want to make.Good Luck! If you've made it to Copalis crossing you went too far. Hope nobody objects to this info., as this is no secret spot!!!

#225526 - 01/02/04 11:08 AM Re: Hump
B Mac Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Graham,WA, USA
The turnout mentioned above is exactly 8.2 miles from the store in Humptulips.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 376 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |