LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#225599 - 12/31/03 08:22 PM Whats Nice about low flows in Jan!
Chrome454 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Drifting Down The Braids Of Sw...
Whats nice is the nates still show and the sleds are a no show. Does it get any better?
Have a good new year!
Chrome wink

#225600 - 12/31/03 11:38 PM Re: Whats Nice about low flows in Jan!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like llow water steelheading I like it even more when it is in the mid 40's to 50's. Its a bit slow when the temps are like they are now. There are acceptions to this rule where you can fish areas that are kept low due to low temps when the lower rivers are blown out, especially like this as the fish are really moving into the the water above the blown out areas and everybody has gone home because the rivers are blown. Lots of fish all to your selves.

winter of 2001/2002 was like this on a particular river and I had day after great day all by myself. Last year conditions wernt right, too warm, and it wasnt very good.

#225601 - 01/01/04 01:23 AM Re: Whats Nice about low flows in Jan!
fishsteel66 Offline
Parr

Loc: Redmond
Ya know chrome454, last summer I was on the river when a drift boat knocked an oar off and watched it foat down out of site. I pulled up my anchor, ran down the river and retrieved it for them. They were very appreciative. I have gotten along with everyone for many, many years without complaining about others. Too bad you show such ignorance toward your fellow sportsman.

#225602 - 01/01/04 01:30 AM Re: Whats Nice about low flows in Jan!
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

fs66 thumbs

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#225603 - 01/02/04 11:12 AM Re: Whats Nice about low flows in Jan!
Chrome454 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Drifting Down The Braids Of Sw...
Fishsteel66-
You can look toward some of your fellow brethren for the arrogence you speak of. There is something about fishing a river and not hearing the repeated roar of a two stroke all day. You have yourself a good day!
Chrome

#225604 - 01/02/04 11:33 AM Re: Whats Nice about low flows in Jan!
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Originally posted by fishsteel66:
...a drift boat knocked an oar off and watched it foat down out of site. I pulled up my anchor, ran down the river and retrieved it for them.
Funny, I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago on the Cowlitz. I saw the oar coming down toward me, so just scooped it up and ran it back up to them. I thought later how scary that would be to literally be upriver without a paddle.

C454 - I can appreciate your concern for the loss of serenity caused by sleds. But sleds are a product of American progession. If you think it's bad now, wait until they develop hovercrafts to fish the upper reaches reserved now for driftboats and pontoons. It's all part of progress, man.

wink

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |