THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#241963 - 04/27/04 04:17 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
Hello Bob,

As you know I dont agree with wsr or wsc or wst . Cowlitzfishermen and I agree 98% of the time. I prefer to stay away from name calling unless some one starts going off about hillbillies, rednecks, and so called white trash as what happened in the great ethics debate. If I am offended in any way I will retaliate as respectfully as possible.

Bruce was the same way. The battle between him and aunty was started long ago by aunty.Cowlitzfisherman was also attacked first. If the battles were dealt with even handedly at the start most of these problems could have been avoided. I know you shouldnt have to babysit but there are some good fishermen leaving the board because of the seemingly biased decisions regarding Cowlitzfisherman and Bruce.

I believe that the best way to handle this in the future is to ban the first offenders from the threads they offend on. Not from the site. If someone is passionate enough to start namecalling because of someone elses viewpoint then it would really kill them not to be able to respond any longer on that thread.

I am really writing this cause if this keeps up I will have no one here that thinks like I do and I will have to carry the tin foil hat all by my lonsome.

#241964 - 04/27/04 04:59 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Unfortunatley Micro ... as far as I kow, I can't ban from just a thread, so I don'thave much option.

Just let it all go?

Then the board becomes a NWFishing that gets perhaps a post a week.

Bruce talked smack about this site on his long before his banning, in fact, it was almost immediately after the WSR decision that he asked readers to boycott businesses that pay bucks to help keep things running around here.

Those sort of things come back to haunt you.

It's happened before with another site owner.

You wanna talk smack about me or the board ... fine, but you're not gonna get your free publicity here if you do so.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#241965 - 04/27/04 05:37 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Uh oh, all this negativity has upset my avatar!

Keep it civil, and in good fun, and it all will be OK.

Keep up the good work, Bob! I don't think people realize how lucky they are to have this site around as a resource.

#241966 - 04/27/04 05:47 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

If that's a live pic Parker, it looks like you have diaper duty on your hands \:\)

Man is is great just being "Uncle Bob" \:\)

You just give 'em back!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#241967 - 04/27/04 05:49 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Quote:
I don't think people realize how lucky they are to have this site around as a resource.
Exactly

And it is not your right to belong it is a privilege

#241968 - 04/27/04 06:53 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
B Mac Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Graham,WA, USA
I also wanted to say keep up the great work Bob. I know how difficult it is to maintain harmony on these forums. I haven't posted much lately but still frequent the site daily. Thanks!

#241969 - 04/27/04 08:22 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Fishingjunky15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Puyallup, WA
I've said it before and I will say it again. Thanks Bob!!!

P.S. How do you run the board? Do you use your own servers or some online servers? Because if you own your own servers, I have an extra server lying around (Dual 2.4 gig Xeon Processors) that I might be able to put togeather and get running if you need more power.

#241970 - 04/28/04 04:50 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
I've been on this board for a long time and I think its unfortunate what happened to cfm. He brought a lot of good info to the board. I went back and read the topic that seemingly got him booted and I being an outsider of the whole topic didn't see the need for him to get the boot. Kinda looks like wsc took offense to not having the answers to his questions. There could of been some behind the scenes activity that aided in the decision.

It's your board you do what you like, but I think booting cfm is a bad move. He kept us up to date on the states wrong doings on a regular basis. No other member on this board has brought more to the table than he has. But then again no other member has brought more controversy either.(with plenty of help from aunty)

Kris

#241971 - 04/28/04 06:46 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Bob,

First, thanks for providing this PP forum. I’ve learned from it and try to return in kind by informing the community with some of my knowledge.

PP Community,

It seems like most of us appreciate that this public access forum exists on Bob’s private website. A website’s value is in its content. When we share information on fish biology or ecology, how to fish, or where to fish when (just not too specific), we’re adding value to the site. When we debate issues like hatchery and wild fish, or CNR and WSR, we’re informing the community and still adding value to the site. But the moment anyone attacks people rather than arguing a position, they’re taking value away from the site. Clearly, it’s Bob’s prerogative to determine how much de-valuation is OK for his website. It’s one thing to be passionate about issues - which is likely what brings us here - but quite another to not keep our emotions in check when arguing positions with other BB members.

I’m sorry CFM got booted, and not just because he’s my friend. CFM brought a lot of value to this site. He’s passionate about fishing, informed about issues, and does his homework better than anyone I know. Of course we disagree on issues from time to time and argue our positions as well as we can, while maintaining respect for one another. That’s how it’s gotta’ be in real life, and that’s the only way it works out here in cyber-space too, over the long haul.

Bruce seems really knowledgeable. I don’t know that he participated in anything other than the WSR debate, but when he wasn’t attacking people, I think he was adding value to the topic. Too bad I won’t know what additional value he might have added.

It’s a public access forum, but we’re here as Bob’s guests. It shouldn’t be so hard to follow his rules. There have been complaints that in some cases it wasn’t CFM or Bruce who attacked first. I think that’s irrelevant. Most of the participants here are adults. It shouldn’t be so hard to ignore attacks (acknowledging them tends to be encouraging) and just move on to the salient issues in the various posts and respond to those.

Count me among those that appreciate this forum. It’s the only fishing site I visit regularly since the old flyfisherman one went gunnysack. If an “elitist” flyfisherman can find a home among all this downriggers/ sliding lead/ herring/ anchovy/ sandshrimp/ and gooey egg cure, I think most anyone can get along here if they choose to. You just have to choose to.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

#241972 - 04/28/04 09:01 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Wader Offline
Parr

Loc: Centralia, WA
I've been registered here as long as I have at gamefishin.com, and have enjoyed both sites. I agree that boards are privately owned and that the owners are sovereign (they can do as they please).

I also believe that taking pictures of somebody whose stuck and then posting at steelheader.net that you regret they didn't turn out, is as foul as one fisherman can be to another. It's just plain poor. Pathetic. Aunty M, in my opinion, is simply low class. No malice intended, she probably just doesn't know any better--it's probably just "how things are" in the world in which she lives. Hopefully those of you who know her in the real world can explain why you simply don't do that.

So that my bias is known, let me add that I'm now a moderator at Bruce's site so feel free to think what you want about how that influences my views.

Bob it's your board, but I respectfully disagree with how you've handled this one. I hope that I don't get banned for this post--I do enjoy posting here from time to time. If this does turn out to be my last post, take care all and I'll see you on the river!

They can have my coffee when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

#241974 - 04/28/04 09:46 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah thanks,

Sad to see CF go but, he should have had more tact.

Bruce, im not sad about that, he was a bad apple.

#241975 - 04/28/04 09:57 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AuntyM:
Bruce was calling me a fat cow
i dont know why people call you a fat cow, i met you in olympia and you didnt look like a cow, but \:\) , i didnt have my glasses on

#241976 - 04/28/04 10:12 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Fishgal Offline

Loc: Forks, WA
Thanks boater, I've had enough.

Three times over the past few years, you've asked to be removed from the board on your own. This time, I'll show you the door \:D

#241977 - 04/28/04 10:30 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Wader ... Booting someone is never going to make 100% of the people happy. However, you go with your gut and from the emails I've gotten regarding his posts at GF after the banning speak for themselves as to what he had to bring to this board.

FJ ... Run out-of-state on a semi-dedicated server. Actually seems to be doing us well and it's easy for me to run w/o getting too techo-geeky ;\)

CFM brought some good things to the board. But there becomes a time that the bad's outweigh the good's. He was given plenty of warning regarding his argumentive style ... thus he and his friends have no one to blame but CFM himself.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#241978 - 04/28/04 10:39 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

PS .. I think it's also time to move on. Perhaps it's time to talk about fishin' again ;\)

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#241979 - 04/28/04 10:40 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you FishGal. You and Bob are people of incredible patience.

This whole fiasco has been rediculious, and has clearly beta-tested the true character of some who have integrity, and a few nameless individuals who are no longer posters to this forum.

Name calling, childish behavoir, insults ...good grief! If a child acted this way they would have been paddled and sent to their room. Glad to see its about over.

Mike B

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FishTickler, LadyZehe, MADWIZERD
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 561 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13395
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63789 Topics
645469 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |