Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#242787 - 05/02/04 09:27 AM Nasty campers.. real nasty
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
Spent yesterday at Brownlee res on Idaho Oregon border. As many of you may know this res is huge. Went way up the lake on the Oregon side to launch small boat. We went to the small unimproved launch that we often use to find a truck parked in it. We were able to get around it after some 4 wheeling etc but not easy. Looking around the people were camping there.. and making a real nice mess.

Washington plates - A15637M Black Toyota 4 door pickup. We left and spent next 12 hours out on the lake.

When we returned, they had moved the truck so that it was parked square in the ramp with no way around. Then they took the small boat trailer and moved it so that ( in their minds ) it would be impossible to 4 wheel around it.

Heres where it gets nasty. We started looking around at the camp. 4 feet behind the crappy tent was a pile of filleted crappie and catfish carcasses.. 3 feet high swarming with flys. All around the tent was trash and broken beer bottles. In the fire pit was a pot of rice, lid off with swarms of flys in it. Looked around a little more.... piles of trash had been stuffed into a clump of trees ( these people had been there awhile) Piles of human crap within 6 feet of the tent, toilet paper all over the place with crap on it, all around the tent, all up and down the bank.

We took their boat trailer.... and parked it in the tent.. put a note on the truck that pretty much said ( you suck ) and managed to get our boat out in spite of them being parked in the ramp.

#242788 - 05/02/04 10:04 AM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
D3Smartie Offline

Loc: Bainbridge Island WA
which creek bottom was it that you launched in? we had some trouble a few years ago out there with a guy with WA plates but it was an older truck.

#242789 - 05/02/04 10:43 AM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
db_cooper Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Foothills, Wa.
How was the fishing? I'm planning on going down there in 2 weeks.

#242790 - 05/02/04 11:13 AM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
D3Smartie Offline

Loc: Bainbridge Island WA
db- My friend who lives down in La Grande has been fishing it quite a bit and doing very well for crappies in the 10-12 inch range and some smallmouth. He is mainly trying to get crappie but he has picked up a few smallies.

#242791 - 05/02/04 11:58 AM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
papaslap Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Maybe they were filming Survivor Brownlee?

#242792 - 05/02/04 12:08 PM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
papaslap Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Maybe they were filming Survivor Brownlee?

#242793 - 05/02/04 12:24 PM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Park their trailer, tent and everything that would fit in it in the lake next time.

I'd call the local sheriff's department and the local ranger station and report that truck and its plate # .

How much can you expect from somebody that craps within 6 feet of camp?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#242794 - 05/02/04 12:26 PM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
Anonymous
Unregistered

Typically in those kinds of cases a quick call to the County Sherriff will solve the problem.

I have little (NO) tolerance for human pigs. Having to live "wild" as a result of being homeless or ?? does not require one to live like a hog nor destroy the environment. Even if they are allowed to be there, the sherriff can "advise" them to clean up their act or get going down the road.

Mike

#242795 - 05/02/04 12:49 PM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
herm Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: hermanghardtke@yahoo.com

Can't somebody on this board run that plate number and let us all know who it belongs to?

\:\(

herm

#242796 - 05/02/04 12:55 PM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
What is being described here is not unusual. Look anywhere in the woods these days and people live there...not just a weekend thing. Lots of crappie people out there.

#242797 - 05/02/04 04:02 PM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
DB- Fishing was outstanding yesterday. Like mentioned above, the majority of the crappie were running 10-12 inches, with some 14 inchers here and there. Chartruse was the color, with crappie nibbles added. The best fishing is on the Idaho side along the steep rock banks, 12-15 ft down. Any little point held fish. There were a hoard of people with Washington plates there. In the post above I mention the "pot of rice"... but not being a racial type of person, I can only say that the group we saw up close was the nastiest thing I have ever seen, and it sort of surprized me. These people were not homeless... just nasty and disrespectful.

I can hear it now.. " can you hand me some toilet paper out the door of the tent, I just took a dump"....

#242798 - 05/02/04 07:57 PM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
Loco_Dingo Offline
Parr

Loc: Boise
I just had an evil thought: I wonder what would happen if some of that feces got mixed in with the rice?

#242799 - 05/02/04 08:43 PM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
wolverine Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everett, WA
With the rice pot so close to the fece piles, rotting fish carcesses I'm sure that the flies are doing just fine in moving the nasties around.

#242800 - 05/02/04 11:01 PM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
To bad you didn't have a shovel with you. It sounds like that tent would have made a great place to relocate all of the human crap to, along with every other thing laying around.

Nice work with the trailer though, I firmly believe those types deserve what comes their way.

#242801 - 05/03/04 04:55 AM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
Due to a nasty camper problem the last couple years at Swofford there are now signs all over saying no overnite parking or camping. too bad as it was a nice place to hang out and fish a couple days right next to the pond for free. Thanks to some "undesirables" with urinal cookies in there pockets, Yes urinal cookies in there pockets! living there last summer it it now shut down.

#242802 - 05/03/04 04:41 PM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
at swofford, were they the people in a couple nasty looking motor homes on the side of the road last summer? i think i remember that. i headed down there and no sooner than i got to the lake to fish i heard them fire up their noisy old generator for the whole time i was there. kinda ruined it for me

if there's 1 thing i can't stand, it's people who abuse priveleges like that. i've seen it happen far too many times, often the homeless moving into public places and abusing them by throwing all their garbage everywhere.

i noticed last summer there was some squatter that moved his van onto the dike road at the nisqually handicap launch...it wouldn't have been so bad but they just dump their garbage over the side down onto the rocks...

#242803 - 05/03/04 10:34 PM Re: Nasty campers.. real nasty
Wader Offline
Parr

Loc: Centralia, WA
Actually, at Swofford, the people who were there just to "hang out and fish a couple days right next to the pond" were a major reason that camping got banned. Swofford has limited bank access and campers would monopolize the good bank spots. Now more people can fish from shore.

They can have my coffee when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (20 Gage, Carcassman, 1 invisible), 1155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |