Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#253849 - 09/02/04 10:34 PM Re: moratorium rescinded
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Better than a sharp stick in the eye, I guess.

Just another "uneducated" opinion, worth roughly what you paid for it. ;\)

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#253850 - 09/02/04 11:54 PM Re: moratorium rescinded
Anonymous
Unregistered

After a few hours to cool down......

I still meant what I said!

They spit right in our face.....

From 5 to 1 is no different!!!!

We continue to manage our wild steelhead for harvest. That is what this is all about....

5 to 1 is apples to apples.

I wont sit here and kiss the ars of the great "great one's".

Polotics was played today nothing more. The fish wone nothing and the commission and state saved face and tried to please everyone at the same time trying to keep themselves out of a lawsuit.

No big step was made, nothing was done.

People may think that Im some dumb young guy with alot of emotion but I know more than you think. I have seen alot with my own eyes. The state and tribes work on lies and the publics ignorance.

#253851 - 09/03/04 01:27 AM Re: moratorium rescinded
FlyingFish Offline
Parr

"If the tribes get to net during the wild runs, then we should be able to fish.
Stop the nets and I will gladly stop fishing during that same time."

This argument has never made sense to me. I agree, the nets are by far the greatest impact and it is likely improvements in runs will not be seen until the nets are gone...but that doesnt mean you cant SLOW the decline...does anyone deny that fewer fish will spawn with a One fish limit and netting than would spawn with a moratorium and netting? I mean its not like they are tossing gillnets over the redds. By the time sporting anglers get a crack at 'em the nets have already taken their toll.

I'm no expert on this issue, and I dont even live in Washington full time anymore (school/military) but I just think its obvious that everyone(nearly) agrees the runs need protection...so why not start with the protection we can get now and work up to whatever else you want? I mean, Forks at least doesnt pretend to be concerned about native steelhead populations. I can admire their tenacity, even if I dont agree with their motives. However, something just seems a little off to me when people complain that netting is devastating the native stocks and should be banned, yet continue to harvest said native stocks on top of the damage already caused.

Not trying to get in a

#253852 - 09/03/04 04:02 AM Re: moratorium rescinded
cupo Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: north sound
Quote:
Originally posted by Somethingsmellsfishy:
If the tribes get to net during the wild runs, then we should be able to fish.
Stop the nets and I will gladly stop fishing during that same time.
The moratorium wouldn't require that you stop fishing.
Isn't it a little tough to tell the indians to stop netting wild fish when sport anglers are still allowed to whack 'em? Hard to point a finger while holding a dead nate.

#253853 - 09/03/04 07:56 AM Re: moratorium rescinded
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Don't some of you think it is strange that the Hoh tribe threaten legal action (the Hoh-WDFW agreement from June of this year) if the moratorium was not rescinded and sportsman harvest was not reinstituted?

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#253854 - 09/03/04 10:26 AM Re: moratorium rescinded
stlhd_dreaming Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: maine
Hey Jerry

I have a question what is the percantage so to say htat hte HOH tribe will get of the Nates or anybody does anybody know

#253855 - 09/03/04 10:44 AM Re: moratorium rescinded
Kramer Offline
Spawner

Loc: GH & PA, WA
I'm with Jerry on this. It is progress for the fish, but when I saw the decision I had to believe that the tribes were influincing the decision. If sporties were not allowed to harvest any wild fish for conservation reasons and then the tribes net those same fish they will get heat. Maybe I'm wrong but at this point it doesn't matter. Just my opinion.

#253856 - 09/03/04 11:41 AM Re: moratorium rescinded
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
Hey Rich your RIGHT!! The moritoium getting resinded wont help the fish anymore than the moritorium being upheld would have.The moritorium had nothing,zero, nada, to do with saving fish. It was about giving the right to fish to a very small minority and thats it.And all the pro-moritoium guys know that.

#253857 - 09/03/04 11:51 AM Re: moratorium rescinded
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Quote:
It was about giving the right to fish to a very small minority and thats it.And all the pro-moritoium guys know that.
That's crap................and you know it. What was it that was going to stop you from fishing?

#253858 - 09/03/04 11:51 AM Re: moratorium rescinded
KurtF Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Olympia, WA
Hey Rich G -

Are you sure you're not a postal worker?

#253859 - 09/03/04 12:12 PM Re: moratorium rescinded
Jerry Garcia Offline

I believe that Rich is a police officer that used to work for the Quilluette tribe. He may have some insight that we don't.

Lonnie Gane

#253860 - 09/03/04 12:26 PM Re: moratorium rescinded
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan S.:
That's crap................and you know it. What was it that was going to stop you from fishing? [/QB][/QUOTE]
Dan,
What was going to stop me from fishing??
A little thing called ethic's and morale's

#253861 - 09/03/04 12:39 PM Re: moratorium rescinded
Phishinman Offline
Alevin

I woke up this morning feeling a little crouchy and onery, then I read this thread and I started feeling much better! It brightened up my day. \:\)

#253862 - 09/03/04 12:44 PM Re: moratorium rescinded
Dan S. Offline

Oh, ethics and morals huh?

How's the view from that high horse? Any elitist flyfishermen up there with you?

Cue the PETA line about "torturing" fish you don't intend to eat.

#253863 - 09/03/04 12:54 PM Re: moratorium rescinded
Ron Bob Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Carnation, wa
I have a question. How many of you that are for the for moratorium on wild steelhead kill wild salmon, ducks, elk, deer and etc? Salmon on those rivers over there are as threatened as the steelhead. some areas they close down hunting due to low numbers of game but leave open others because there can be a harvest and still keep the herds viable. Why not in Forks.

The fish are under the same environmental pressure as the game is in this state, water and habitat quality, habitat destruction, and harvest pressure. With one exeption the commercial harvest. There is none of game. That's another disscussion all together. I have even seen Bob kill native kings and coho on the Pen. On my home river the moratorium has been in effect for almost 10 yrs now and I see very little progress if any in the returns. This failure is not only to this river but many across this state. My question is may be we are focusing on the wrong managent stragity and that's another disscussion.

I guess my point is "He who is without sin cast the first stone" and if we don't start working together rather in special interest we could lose it all.

my 2 cents and remember what it cost

#253864 - 09/03/04 01:05 PM Re: moratorium rescinded
Jerry Garcia Offline

Maybe RonBob the reason why your Home river hasn't returned suitable numbers of fish is because WDFW instituted WSR to late.

Lonnie Gane

#253865 - 09/03/04 01:09 PM Re: moratorium rescinded
seaweedsam Offline
Smolt

Loc: snoqualmie wa
The tribes may not have a "commercial harvest "on game animals BUT they can harvest 3 deer & 2 elk per person in that family per our 1 deer & 1 elk ! on top of that any one in that family can harvest there animals for the other, they can hunt at night, and there has been cases of selling game and fish illegally. A family of 5 can take 15 deer and 10 elk if they chose to . my 02 cents

#253866 - 09/03/04 01:16 PM Re: moratorium rescinded
Ron Bob Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Carnation, wa
seaweedsam you make my point exactly

#253867 - 09/03/04 01:19 PM Re: moratorium rescinded
Anonymous
Unregistered

Each tribe manages their game differenty.

That being said most tribes in general look the other way when the rules are being broken by their own people.

From what I have seen the tribes give whatever numbers they want to the state for harvest and such and the state never asks questions but backs those numbers up to the end.

#253868 - 09/03/04 01:33 PM Re: moratorium rescinded
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
We all get caught up in what we want. Try thinking of natural resources in terms of what your grand children and great grand children need and deserve. That perpective may change how you view a wild fish or any other game animal. You may even find yourself limiting your take or even stopping your take long before the state tells you via regulations.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (DrifterWA), 1466 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |