Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#257717 - 10/11/04 01:47 AM Zeballos BC
Mr.Twister Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Anyone ever fish there? Am thinking of booking a trip there next year. Any info would be much appreciated!

#257718 - 10/11/04 09:37 AM Re: Zeballos BC
Fishinnut Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Monroe, Washington
Gold River Fish Camp is in the same area and the the owners of Outdoor Emporium bought into it. Call and talk to Mike or Dave down there or go see them. They are across the parking lot from CC Filson and just east of the Mariners Stadium at the bottom of I90.

Outdoor Emporium
1701 4th Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
206-624-6642
Join the Puget Sound Anglers Sno-King Chapter. Meets second Thursday of every month at the SCS Center, 220 Railroad Ave. Edmonds, WA 98020 at 6:30pm Two buildings south of the Edmonds Ferry on the beach.

#257719 - 10/11/04 04:27 PM Re: Zeballos BC
OntheColumbia Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Columbia Co. Oregon
Goinfishin, this past August/Sept we were in Zeballos and fished the next sound north of there - Kyuquat Sound - for eight days.

I didn't see too many lodge/guide operations in Zeballos proper. What I did see I was not impressed with. With all the options on Vancouver Island, Zeballos would not be my choice as a place to stay, pass through OK, but not stay. (sorry if anyone's offended)

More questions?

#257720 - 10/11/04 09:05 PM Re: Zeballos BC
Mr.Twister Offline
Spawner

Garyk,

How was the fishing up there?

#257721 - 10/12/04 05:24 PM Re: Zeballos BC
IronNoggin Offline
Alevin

Loc: Port Alberni, Vancouver Island...
Although well up-Island from where I currently live, I've been up to that area frequently over the last six or eight years. I am only aware of one outfit in that sleepy little backwater that offers sportsfishing packages, although Dave Murphy and crew (one of the Island's very BEST) I believe operate out of a lodge near there. Simply look him up on the net: http://www.murphysportfishing.com/ He has a very interesting component dedicated to Kyuquot Sound on that site, check it out for more info... HIGHLY Recommended!

Salmon fishing can be terrific offshore the Inlet/Sound. There's a very real reason the commercial trollers operate a fair bit right there during their increasingly limited openings! Mainly a passage fishery, but in July and through late August, you can expect to hit anything from 30 through 50 pounds and change of chinook, and loads of coho as well. Later, the doggies make an appearance (like now) and the area has some absolutely fantastic rockfish opps.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Nog

#257722 - 10/12/04 09:44 PM Re: Zeballos BC
Mr.Twister Offline
Spawner

Thanks for the great info guys!! It really helps! \:D

#257723 - 10/17/04 02:40 PM Re: Zeballos BC
JDavis Offline
Smolt

Loc: Des Moines WA
The Gold River Fish camp is in Nootka
While it is possible to fish other than Nootka from there you would be running quite a bit.
Most anglers out of Zeballos fish Esperanza Inlet. Rodgers runs 17 Whalers near here and there are also several others CeePeeC (spelling it wrong) - tho I think he runs out of closer to Thasis - he has sturdy Eagle Craft I think and that guy catches fish:) Rodgers guys get their share as well. be advised that most of the "hot-spots" are surfline fishing in the rocks and swell and that while not combat it get's busy during peak times. Also, the road to Z is 25mi of rock with somewhat minimal services when you get there. Z has a website.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1338 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |