Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#260052 - 11/03/04 01:51 PM Re: Bush Rocks
jackiepoo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: University Place Washington
I am as happy with Bush as I would be happy holding that chromer GV has in his post. I am most concerned for our troops and their families who have to receive the brunt of the re-election of satan. -

#260053 - 11/03/04 01:52 PM Re: Bush Rocks
RiverMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: oregon
Oh no Stlhd Dreaming, that was Clinton's fault remember? All the financial woes we are seeing are the result of Clinton despite the fact that GW has been in office for four years now. Four more years and it will still be Clinton's fault.

As far as presidential responsibilities being more than "fish and trees" I would agree. It's also about economy, record deficit under Bush, and jobs...fewer jobs created under Bush than any other president, and honesty...no weapons of mass destruction. Oh and lets not forget Cheney, giving Haliburton his former company the contract for Iraq and then overcharging Americans millions of dollars for goods and services.

RM

#260054 - 11/03/04 01:56 PM Re: Bush Rocks
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Alot of peoples complaints were put into motion prior to Bush taking office. Were you complaining when those actual choices were made, or just now when you see the results of previous parties. My health care hasnt went up one cent, and I remember in 1999 paying $1.49 for gas, which was prior to Bush. Your social security was jeopardy long before G.W took office, but you probably failed to speak up then, and just do it now since everyone else is.

#260055 - 11/03/04 02:08 PM Re: Bush Rocks
RiverMan Offline
Returning Adult

Don't take my word for it GV:

NEW YORK - A rising number of Americans say health care is the most critical issue facing America today, and many are having trouble covering the costs.

A survey released Thursday by the nonprofit Employee Benefit Research Institute in Washington, D.C., found that 22 percent of those surveyed ranked health care the nation's No. 1 problem, ahead of terrorism, the economy, the war in Iraq (news - web sites), education, the budget deficit and taxes. Last year, health care ranked behind the economy as the top problem, and in 2002 it was second to terrorism, the study showed.

Almost two-thirds of those surveyed said the dollar amount they contribute toward their health insurance premium has increased in the past year, while about half say the amount they pay for prescription drugs and doctor visits have risen. In addition, more than four in 10 said their health insurance deductible — out of pocket spending before insurance kicks in — has risen in the past year.

Here's the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041029/ap_on_he_me/health_confidence_2

#260056 - 11/03/04 02:18 PM Re: Bush Rocks
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

I think this board is representative of the nation and how ignorance and arrogance of the issues can lead to election and re-election of the anti-christ. Look at the red states and you'll see the staunch Bush supporters who claim moral values (hypocrisy)and "self reliance" while ignoring the fact that they are the major feeders at the puplic trough (subsities = welfare). Now all those who voted for GW get in line at the recruiting office so the rest of us won't need to worry about a draft. the timber industry a renewable resource? Cut down a 500 year old tree and plant a sprig. Yeah that's renewable. Or better yet, take private timber land and turn it into massive housing developments and then cry for the need to cut down the national forests. Yeah renewable. Or how about take the very best timber and send it to Japan but tell America they need their forests logged if they want lumber for housing. Yup. Or the one I really like is the need to clearcut to prevent the trees from burning. Amazing.

#260057 - 11/03/04 02:21 PM Re: Bush Rocks
stlhd_dreaming Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: maine
Well then GV I guess you just have a good company providing you good health care. I stressed the fact that medicare is going away and Social security going privatized is a joke. I really didnt care about the president til my mother was murdered and my sisters receive Medicare and Social Security and now that Bush has stated he wants to do away with both where does that leave my sisters. that is what has really rumpled my feathers you have to see it form my stand point I hope you do because that is going to hurt my family if that is doen.

I also asked some of my Navy personnel why they voted for Bush they said Pay Raises is why they voted for him. I asked them if that was the only reason a lot of them said yes that was the only reason they voted for him. When I asked the people that said no why they voted for him they couldnt tell me any of the issues he was fighting for they just told me they didnt like Kerry because of his military background but we wouldnt of known about his military background unless Bush didnt exploit it. You didnt here much about Bushes UA from the National Guard to much because he put a shush on that just like How the head of the FCC Colon Powells son said no to Mike Meyers program the night before election becauseit may hurt bush but it was alright for the republican party to put the program on the TV about Kerries vietnam experience.

In my mind kerry is more of a hero than Bush because he actually went over there and did a job he might of come back and protested but didnt about 75% of the vietnams veterans come back and protest it. Bush he went UA during wartime but last time I looked at the UCMJ that was punishable by death during wartime. Please somebody comment on that I want to hear what people have to say about that one !!!!!!!!!!!

#260058 - 11/03/04 02:24 PM Re: Bush Rocks
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Well thanks for the link Riverman, but if you go back and read what I typed, I said "my health care hasnt gone up" , But once again this health care crisis didnt arise just in the last 4 years, with Bush it has been in the making since Clinton took over.

#260059 - 11/03/04 02:27 PM Re: Bush Rocks
RiverMan Offline
Returning Adult

I know, "it's Clinton's fault".

#260060 - 11/03/04 02:34 PM Re: Bush Rocks
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Well Clinton should bare some of the blame, but the president can not just in act his plan, it has to go through the senate and house, so all the congressman, and senators should bare some of the burden, or blame.

#260061 - 11/03/04 02:40 PM Re: Bush Rocks
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"But once again this health care crisis didnt arise just in the last 4 years, with Bush it has been in the making since Clinton took over."

Pure ignorance. If you do a search you will find that the Pharmaceuticals industry contrbutes vastly more $$ to republicans than to dem's and has for more than a decade. It's no secret why we are being gouged on health care with the Rep's in charge. in fact if you go down the list of major contributing industries to the Rep's you will find that the cost to Americans of all of those industries has dramatically risen under this regime. Go figure.

#260062 - 11/03/04 02:45 PM Re: Bush Rocks
stlhd_dreaming Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by stlhead:
"Pure ignorance. If you do a search you will find that the Pharmaceuticals industry contrbutes vastly more $$ to republicans than to dem's and has for more than a decade. It's no secret why we are being gouged on health care with the Rep's in charge. in fact if you go down the list of major contributing industries to the Rep's you will find that the cost to Americans of all of those industries has dramatically risen under this regime. Go figure.
Couldnt of been said much better

#260063 - 11/03/04 03:01 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
"My health care hasnt went up one cent,"

Mine just went up 18%, and it's all paid by me because my job went to China a year ago. We're not all seeing the benefits of Bush's stellar leadership.

#260064 - 11/03/04 03:35 PM Re: Bush Rocks
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Mine went to India. An isolationist foreign policy while offshoring the jobs. Pretty weird.

#260065 - 11/03/04 03:38 PM Re: Bush Rocks
DriftWood Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
A great guy who thinks hatchery and wild fish are the same. After this next 4 years they will have to invent new numbers for our national debt.

#260066 - 11/03/04 04:18 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
Stlhd:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't a major contributor to the cost of health care going up the cost of malpractice insurance? Didn't Pres Bush try to get that under control by limiting the amount that doctors could be sued for? If I remember correctly it was democrats like Patty Murrey, who are fat with campaign contributions from trial lawyers who blocked this proposal. To say that Pres Bush had a direct impact on the cost of health insurance is more than a little misleading. There are many factors that have played a part.

stlhd_dreaming

The President never said he wanted to totaly privatize social security. He said that he wanted to give people an option with a percentage of their social security. The liberals implying that the plan was to totaly privatize social security is simply a half truth designed to scare the public.

#260067 - 11/03/04 04:21 PM Re: Bush Rocks
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
There were half truths told by both sides.

#260068 - 11/03/04 04:37 PM Re: Bush Rocks
chumster Offline
Parr

Loc: kent, wa.
I was, and am very, very dissapointed!! We will pay now......boy are we going to pay, especially on the west coast \:\( Bush abandoned us during the the electrical shortage, and I would be willing to bet he could give a damn about the LEFT coast. With His policies on timber sales, religion, and having control of the senate.......look out!!!

I have the biggest problem with the religious aspects of this election, and how it will look to the Muslim world.......they will view this as the Chritian Crusades again, I can't blame them. I am not religious at all, and to think this president will "try" to enforce his beliefs through political lines really scares me. I in NO WAY want anyone to think I support those crazy arabs, but perception is half the battle to the rest of the world.

Can ANY Christians out there PLEASE explain the verse "Thou shall not kill" and yet republicans which I believe to be more apt to be religious support war, and killing if you voted for Bush this is what you supported......seems VERY HIPOCRITICAL???? I am seriously confused with people of religion???

Chumster

#260069 - 11/03/04 04:39 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
I was told by my Premera rep. that most of the costs were to cover increasing cost of prescriptions. It makes sense when you think about it since with the ridiculously high deductable privates opt for the only thing we use it for is copays and prescriptions.

Wouldn't want them to have to actually pay anything out, would we?

#260070 - 11/03/04 04:53 PM Re: Bush Rocks
stlhd_dreaming Offline
Returning Adult

malpractice law suits.............

So to say if you have surgery and you have a scalpul accidently left inside you and it is found year or so later because you are in extreme pain. You should only be able to sue for what the government tells you can sue for. That is ridiculus there goes the Homey Hook ups again. Way to go Bush that is the first thing I heard of that and I think that is a bunch of BS

#260071 - 11/03/04 04:59 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Mr.Twister Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
I think people just saw the president as more effective against terror and also wanted someone who is perceived as a firm leader. Kerry has alligned himself with the far left for most of his career and tried to convice everyone in the final days that he would be all things to all people. I'm gald the majority of people saw through that.

Health care? ok...Maybe the torte reform that Bush wants to initiate might be meaningful to lower health costs. Edwards made a good living from suing folks. But lets face it, as our population ages, we put a huge burden on health care anyway. It's gonna cost more...maybe we need a little governmental help to offset it.

Environment- I am definitely not a Bush supporter there.

I could go on...whatever, it's over and lets all remember that we're all americans and try to solve things together.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 365 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |