THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#262954 - 12/02/04 01:21 AM Re: Does the Fish Flash work?
bob b Offline
Smolt

Loc: Eugene,Or.
With their inline design they are the best choice while trolling with weights or divers. I buy green and blue reflective tape, cut strips about 1in. wide 4in. long and place a couple on each side of the flasher to break up the pattern. On the corners I place green and silver tape. Going over 100ft. deep using downriggers there are flashers with more action.

I figure at 20ft. intervals red then orange,yellow,green,blue, turn to black and scent and action become more important than flash.

#262955 - 12/02/04 01:32 AM Re: Does the Fish Flash work?
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
Hey FNP, that "Ginger" sure sounds alot like my custom fish flash' I use, been snoopin around my boat? LOL.
Yes those fish flash definitely work and I have done many side by side comparisons with them and I would say it it better to have one in most cases than not.

Of course there are many other things that work too, so I don't always use them...wink wink.
Hey Downrggin, you gonna win that trip to Sitka this Saturday? I am going to try best, but no fish flash' will be involved.

Steve

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

#262956 - 12/02/04 10:53 AM Re: Does the Fish Flash work?
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Marine Area 13
I'm planning on giving it a shot Steve! Weather look like it may be a little bumpy

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter

#262957 - 12/02/04 01:02 PM Re: Does the Fish Flash work?
Cyclops Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Tacoma, Wa.
\:\) Hey guys how about posting pics of your altered FF's so I can make mine more effective. I have had good performance from dark green, chartuese, and red for kings, and silvers in the Columbia. I have to say I do prefer the chartuese though. Thanks.

#262958 - 12/25/04 12:14 AM Re: Does the Fish Flash work?
freshwaterbay Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Seattle
I am looking over some of the Old Post, Does the Larger Fish flashes work better at the Johns? Thanks

#262959 - 12/25/04 03:50 AM Re: Does the Fish Flash work?
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclops:
\:\) Hey guys how about posting pics of your altered FF's so I can make mine more effective. I have had good performance from dark green, chartuese, and red for kings, and silvers in the Columbia. I have to say I do prefer the chartuese though. Thanks.
I tried several times to take a pic, but the flash from the camera ruins the picture every time... too much reflection from the FishFlash. If I try it without the flash, the pic is way too dark and it's impossible to tell the actual colors. If I can ever remember to take a daytime pic, I'll give it another go.

With regard to size, I would say bigger is better. You can catch fish without them (I have a friend who kicks a$$ fishing with no adornments beyond a prime brined bait), especially if you have 4 or 5 baits in the water stirring up a commotion to attract fish. But if you only have 1 or 2 baits in the water, the FishFlash adds a lot of extra attraction/commotion, and in my opinion, an extra measure of confidence. If you are gonna bother to tie one on, may as well make it a big one for maximum flash. Heck, I've even seen guys out there using tandem FishFlashes to stir 'em up.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#262960 - 12/25/04 02:15 PM Re: Does the Fish Flash work?
freshwaterbay Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Seattle
I'd like to see the altered ones that you guys are talking about, its always good to have diffrent flashers .. I know the Glo looks like a good one, I know it works well in Elliot Bay..

#262961 - 12/26/04 04:07 AM Re: Does the Fish Flash work?
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

I took some decent pic's of my custom FF's today. Rather than just plaster them up for all the free world to see, I thought I'd simply keep it a "members only" kind of thing. Anybody who wants a copy can send me a PM. Merry Christmas!

P. S. As an incentive for folks to give a little back to the board, I will limit my replies to those who demonstrate a history of sharing. Your posting history says a lot about how much you contribute to the board. My apologies to lurkers and newbies.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#262962 - 12/27/04 07:34 PM Re: Does the Fish Flash work?
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
I make my own fishflash out of road sign thickness aluminum with silver prism tape on one side and spray paint on the other - nice bright green is the best color and a lot cheaper than the tape. Just take the measurements from one in the store. I put 6 bead swivels on them with plug snaps - these don't clog up very easily with weeds like a single swivel, even a Sampo, will. These are just a touch heavier than plastic so you will need a little longer dropper if using them on the bottom in the CR for springers, but the rest of the year I run them on a diver and so don't worry about it. Fishflash work better than anything else shallow, but at depth I prefer a luminous hotspot.

#262963 - 12/27/04 09:43 PM Re: Does the Fish Flash work?
breakthru62 Offline
Egg

Loc: st.helens
Hey guys,

Im new here, so hello. Where can I find a Fish-Flash? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 865 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |