Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#265240 - 02/27/04 02:02 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
papaslap Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Better yet make my friend a state employee and you all can pay for my HIV treatment

#265241 - 02/28/04 01:23 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
don't forget to stop by the closest public school and stock up on condoms..also stop by the DSHS office and have one of the fine employees there fix you up with instructions on how to squeeze out all the free services and money you can from the state..afterall you will be discriminated against as soon as you marry your buddy..You'll be a minority!!!

#265243 - 02/28/04 02:55 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aunty,
I believe that to be a classic case of Strap-on envy?

\:D

#265244 - 02/28/04 04:31 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
papaslap Offline
Spawner

Oh, Papaslap could get on his wife's policy for maybe $10 a day, But then should the Doctor that she works for go out of business , perhaps due to too high insurance premiums Papa and his old lady would both be out of luck.

Butt maybe the old lady could find here own queer friend.

I can't imagine how you teachers out there are going to be comfortable teaching sex-ed to kids and explaining the new family structures and behavior.

#265245 - 02/28/04 05:39 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

AuntyM....I really don't buy into this "threatened" crap at all...or the term "homophobe"......Flaunting the fact that you are a lesbian and then acting typically hostile as most of them are makes me puke..that's all. not complicated.

#265247 - 02/28/04 09:10 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
papaslap Offline
Spawner

I may just be an old bigit but I think that this whole deal is not really about being queer or not , it is about mayors changing the law.

If this is left to on unchallenged what's next?

Shelton Mayor says pot and cocaine use to be legal.

Boise Mayor legalizes the sale of assault weapons.

Partial birth abortions ok'ed in Portland.....and so on

#265249 - 02/29/04 12:45 AM Re: San Francisco weddings
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Is the sky really falling?

#265250 - 03/01/04 09:37 AM Re: San Francisco weddings
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Oh now I get it AuntyM.....If I support gay marriage and endorse tribal netting of wild fish I can have more credibility on fishing issues like you do. I will agree that speaking your mind has a price. Keeping silent and bowing to the loudest voices is just not my nature.

#265252 - 03/02/04 12:17 AM Re: San Francisco weddings
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Now Marsha that is what I expect from you.
A sensible and honest answer which is correct. I will take that advise to heart much faster than the bigot accusation. I guess on the gay marriage issue I think it is the crying from the rooftop and the "in-your-face" nature of the "gay movement" that I object to. I work with alot of gay people and have had alot of loyal gay customers over the years. I don't agree with what they are doing and don't need to bash them as long as their "gayness" stays where it belongs and that is not in my face. The tribes deserve some tolerance if they are willing to sit down and be "comanagers" as they are so often called. My experience tells me that they still don't care about the resource on the whole. Some do but most don't. I expect that it is education for all of us that will turn the tide in many areas. I will try to keep the emotive attacks to a minimum....try to keep the name calling to a minimum if you can,too.

#265254 - 03/02/04 08:51 AM Re: San Francisco weddings
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

I would rather ignore both too but when Rosie ODonnell is on the nightly news kissing her new wife on the steps of the SF courthouse with the mayor applauding it is crap in my book. The gay "movement" is more political than anything these days. It just makes me tired. I am going to go back to finding a way to slow down the nets or stop them if I can.

#265256 - 03/02/04 11:22 AM Re: San Francisco weddings
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Mukilteo or Westport
The main point I was trying to make when I started this thread is that the mayor of SF is blatantly flaunting state law.

The state of CA overwhelmingly passed an initiative banning same-sex marriage. It was a one-issue initiative, plain as day and not open to "legal interpretation".

Just think if the mayor broke state law in a non "politically correct" way. Say he started licensing brothels to operate. He'd be booted out in a New York minute.

#265257 - 03/03/04 01:44 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did Y'all hear the latest???

Portland is the latest city to legalize gay marriage...

All I got to say is its a darn good thing salmon and steelhead aren't gay... they have enough problems let alone trying to reproduce with same sex mates!

;\) :p

#265258 - 03/03/04 01:53 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

This is why we need an amendment ASAP.

Soon half the country will be sueing the other half.

Every lawyer's dream - a lawsuit-based economy.

#265259 - 03/03/04 03:28 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Slab

It is very unlikely an amendment will happen. Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats think an amendment will happen like Bush suggested.

What will most likely happen is the issue will be played out in the states. One state will make it legal and another state will make it illegal forcing the issue to go to the Supreme Court.

Oddly enough if the Constitution does get amended it will be the first time in history that it was amended to take away rights from a certain group of individuals rather then grant rights.

#265260 - 03/03/04 05:50 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

LT, What current rights would be taken away?

#265261 - 03/03/04 06:51 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Slab

I believe it would be the right for them to get married. Granted it is illegal by state law but the constitution does not state that it is illegal.
So IMHO if they amend the constitution to say that same sex marriage is illegal that would be taking away the right for them to get married.

Hope that was not circular logic on my part \:D

#265262 - 03/03/04 08:23 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
papaslap Offline
Spawner

law law law
Bla bla bla
tra la la la
la ti da

http://www.law.cornell.edu/topics/marriage.html

#265263 - 03/03/04 09:47 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Papa

Didn't mean to get you worked up, it is ok if we disagree you know.....don't worry gay marriage won't ruin the world any more then the abolishment of slavery did.

Personally I couldn’t care one way or the other which way the issue plays out. However one thing I know is that all things change. People either don’t like change or they are afraid of it but that doesn’t stop the inevitable, change will occur, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

Thanks for the article
LT

#265264 - 03/04/04 07:15 AM Re: San Francisco weddings
Baron Von Warner Offline
Fry

Loc: Southern Oregon..
What is the world coming to ? \:\( I guess I am an old fashioned sort of guy since I can't seem to see why some people are inclined to be "gay" ... I am pretty sure I am not a bigot and I am not afraid of "gay" people so I am not a Homophobe... I must just have enough intestinal fortitude to stand my ground when I see something this morally disgusting. I really believe that I shouldn't have homosexual lifestyle choices being forced upon me and my children on the evening news and primetime TV shows, so I dont watch them or let me children watch them .... This argument could go on forever but one thing is pretty clear to me, there are only two sides to this issue , you are either for or against it .... there are no in between or gray areas .... If you dont have to the morals to stand up against something that is morally wrong , than you might as well be on the other side of the fence..... In my eyes Tolerance and Acceptance are pretty much the same thing when it comes to moral issues...... Just my opinion... Von Warner

#265266 - 03/04/04 12:02 PM Re: San Francisco weddings
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Originally posted by Baron Von Warner:
I really believe that I shouldn't have homosexual lifestyle choices being forced upon me and my children on the evening news and primetime TV shows, so I dont watch them or let me children watch them ....
That's exactly how I felt during the race riots. I didn't like my kids having to decide whether to be black or white so I didn't let them watch television, etc. :rolleyes:

Oh, you mean people are actually born black or white? Wow, who'd a thunk?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 199 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |