Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#265980 - 04/19/04 06:02 PM Re: Liberals love
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
"I thought Kerry handled the tough questions with poise and conviction "

Conviction? Conviction? are you sure? Like when Russert totaled the buget numbers and the tax savings Kerry proposes and showed him a 250billion shortfall of a balanced budget. Then Kerry said there were other creative ways to Save money that were not included in his proposal that add up to a balance budget. I would think a man of conviction would spell it all out line by line and column by column and defend it as such. Conviction ? you mean byhis answering of the question on the mysterious world leaders who want him elected? Or maybe you mean conviction like " til death do us part " in his first wedding vows? No? Maybe the conviction in his answer that his response to the Vietnam war was that of less mature individual. When 4 months ago he stood by it word for word action ofr action.

#265981 - 04/19/04 06:57 PM Re: Liberals love
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
You are absolutely right King! Kerry's conviction pales in comparison to this:

President Bush's statements on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons."

United Nations address, September 12, 2002

"Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons."

"We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have."

Radio address, October 5, 2002

"The Iraqi regime . . . possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons."

"We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, VX nerve gas."

"We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We're concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVS for missions targeting the United States."

"The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program. Saddam Hussein has held numerous meetings with Iraqi nuclear scientists, a group he calls his "nuclear mujahideen" -- his nuclear holy warriors. Satellite photographs reveal that Iraq is rebuilding facilities at sites that have been part of its nuclear program in the past. Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons."

Cincinnati, Ohio speech, October 7, 2002

"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent."

State of the Union Address, January 28, 2003

"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised."

Address to the nation, March 17, 2003 .

And he said it all to the American people with a straight face!

I guess judging one's conviction is subjective at best... huh? ;\)

#265982 - 04/19/04 07:24 PM Re: Liberals love
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
Kerry is a tax and spend liberal fiscally
Then there IS a difference.

Tax and Spend vs. Cut Taxes But Spend Anyway

That's a heckuva choice. Isn't American politics great?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#265983 - 04/19/04 07:35 PM Re: Liberals love
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

4 salt,

Our best itelligence told him what he presented to the American people. If " imminent" turns out to be wrong then it was a mistake in intelligence, not willful intent to decieve. Iraq clearly had WMD's as agreed by the leaders of Nato and most of the UN. Iraq was clearly in violation of all the UN resolutions justification for the war. We do not know the rest of the story as of today anything condeming is premature and you would not like to be judged by the same standard on any issue. Secondly all the back seat drivers would be the first ones howling had Sadam sold WMD's to terrorist. Which we still do not know if he did or did not.

Standing up before your God, friends, family and community and the person you love more than any other and saying you will love honor and obey then a few years later going back on those very words speaks volumes about a persons character. And thaty lack of conviction shows in almost everytrhing he does except what is in the best interest of JF Kerrys ego.

#265984 - 04/19/04 08:46 PM Re: Liberals love
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Quote:
Standing up before your God, friends, family and community and the person you love more than any other and saying you will love honor and obey then a few years later going back on those very words speaks volumes about a persons character.
King,

I repectfully disagree there. As much as we'd like to believe the fairy tale of "Till death do us part" the reality is that sometimes it just ain't possible.

Case in point:

A woman marries her High School sweetheart. Turns out he is genetically pre-disposed to alchoholism. He begins a cycle of abuse. Counseling (including religious where applicable) is tried and all reasonable methods for resolving the problems are exhausted, yet she and her children live in constant fear. Divorce is the ONLY option as I see it in this case. I know that this may be an extreme example, but my point is marriages do not necessarily last forever, especially if there are extenuating circumstances. There are millions of different scenarios that play out every day here in America. That's why we have such a high divorce rate.

Sometimes breaking the marriage vow is justified. Would you stay married to your wife if you knew she was being unfaithful?

Since we do not know what transpired in Senator Kerry's first marriage, who are we to call his character into question.

I also believe in the "Here and now". We've ALL made moral and judgemental mistakes in our lives. I would rather hear about what the future holds than what someone may have done 30 or so years in the past. Even if it supposedly reflects on their character.

Now as far as GW and the reasons for war in Iraq go, if you honestly believe: "Our best itelligence told him what he presented to the American people" then you've obviously been selectively ignoring a WHOLE lot of recent evidence to the contrary. ;\)

#265985 - 04/19/04 08:54 PM Re: Liberals love
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"Love honor and obey"...what do you know of those words? I ask you, if Kerry becomes your president will you follow him into the abyss no matter what? I wouldn't without some serious answers. If your answer is no then why do you hold others to your hypocricy?
By the way, at least Kerry mentions a "balance budget". It's a shame we have to settle for the better alternative instead of the right person but he is definitely the better of the two.

#265986 - 04/20/04 11:00 AM Re: Liberals love
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

4salt,

All those things are avoidable with proper due diligence and effort. Either your word is worth something or it is not.

#265988 - 04/20/04 11:57 AM Re: Liberals love
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Originally posted by AuntyM:
... a supposedly faithful one that has blinders on.
I don't think Laura's all that bad looking. I mean, compared to her mother-in-law ....

Oh, nevermind.

#265989 - 04/20/04 02:36 PM Re: Liberals love
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Yeah why didn't we just send Barbara into Iraq? Saddam would have surrendered instantly.

#265990 - 04/20/04 04:23 PM Re: Liberals love
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Bashing an old lady is considered polite where?

#265991 - 04/20/04 04:32 PM Re: Liberals love
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

It's from the same place where you dare not bash a gay boy.... Just look over your left shoulder....It's dark, I know, but don't be scared...

#265992 - 04/20/04 04:44 PM Re: Liberals love
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
I can just see Babs in a matronly dress and apron twisting Saddam's ear and dragging him through the desert.

#265993 - 04/20/04 09:03 PM Re: Liberals love
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
I like Barbara Bush...I just can't help but laugh though when I remember that George W Bush is so lucky that his mom in on the one dollar bill.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1078 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645298 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |