THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#268832 - 07/19/04 07:18 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
Thats not giving them much credit is it? I would think that they would vote the will of their communities otherwise pay the price come the elections?. What you saw was a vote that reflected the will of the American people at the time. That being to protect themsleves from a maniac. Politics, Lies and agendas have shaken that will a bit in the dyas since. One by one the lies are being overturned and the politics are being shown for waht they are. The turth of the matter is apparent that no other candidate has what it takes to lead us through these senative times. Kerry has been proven to be un trust worthy over this matter. Bush has never waivered from his objective and promise. Even Bill Clinton himself has said Bush does what he promises and Clinton would have done much if not all the same in similar circumstances. So where is the issue?

#268833 - 07/19/04 07:39 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
What has proven Kerry to be untrustworthy?

#268834 - 07/19/04 07:52 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Did you read my posts above? Kerry could have voted against the war. He did not. Kerry could have voiced his objection, for the record, to the war at the time if he had them. He did not. He could have pointed to the lack of data to substantiate a yes vote , he did not. He picked WMD as the reason he would single out and vote yes for the war. Which everyone in the world thought Sadam had at the time. He then changed his mind after it became politically oportunistic and convieniently opposed the handling of the war and voted not to fund it. Essentially saying he made a mistake. Then he said what congress and the president did should be subject to UN approval. Since when is congress and the president accountable to the UN? if you do not see the clear and present danger here it's hopeless.
This guy has gone back and forth several times on the issue, suggested the seccession of presdential and congressional authority to an outside entity and you would vote for him? Take all your feelings for GW and put them aside for a minute and clearly think about the actions Kerry has taken since he started running for president and show me how you think they are the actions that represent the best interest of the US.

#268835 - 07/19/04 08:06 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Changing ones position as circumstances change does not make you untrustworthy. Kerry has made it clear that before he would have sent us to war, he would have at the very least, attempted to get a more collaberative approach with the rest of the world. Whether he would have been successful or not remains to be seen, but Bush's inability to be a diplomat is a huge liability to the US. If Kerry had been president, there wouldn't have been this rush to war with Iraq.

Bush has damaged US credibility, is not a good communicator and is unable to repair that damage and we need to go in a new direction.

#268836 - 07/19/04 10:39 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
Quote:
Originally posted by jeff'e'd:

What has proven Kerry to be untrustworthy?
The fact that the man doesn't have a single bone of political conviction in his entire body.

The fact that he flip flops for political advantage on virtually every issue depending on what crowd he's addressing and which way the political wind is blowing at that particular moment.

The fact that he said publicly he believed Saddam had WMD's and posed a serious threat--voted to give the President the authority to send troops into harms way to remove Saddam and his regime.

Then when those troops were in harms way he flipped flopped and he let partisan politics come before the safety of those troops by not voting to give them the equipment they needed.

The fact that he'll take every opportunity to slam President Bush and our involvement in Iraq, then flip flop and turn around and say that the world is safer with Saddam out of power.

The fact that he won't go on record and say we should have never invaded Iraq.

For those of you who believe we should have never invaded Iraq--Ralph Nader is the only candidate running who is on record saying we should have never gone in --and now that we are there we must cut and run.

The fact that he thinks we need to bow at the alter of the U.N. and get France's permission to protect America's interests.

The fact that he tells a crowd that he believes life starts at conception--then flip flops and votes to allow Partial Birth Abortions on healthy women in the ninth month pregnancy when the baby wasn't conceived by rape or incest, her life isn't in danger and the baby is fully developed and capable of living outside of it's mother.

The fact that when he addresses Vietnam veterans to their faces he calls them "brothers in arms". But when he addresses a Senate committee he flip flops and refers to them as rapists and baby killers.

The fact that one day he tells a group of fishing and hunting enthusists that he'd do better job at protecting their fishing and hunting rights than Bush--then flip flops and tells a group of animal rights extremists that he's proud to have his name on every piece of animal rights legislation to ever pass in the house.

The fact that he tells a crowd at an annual Earth Day gathering that we need to conserve energy to save mother earth-- then jumps into his private jet and wisks off to one of his 8 suv's awaiting to drive him to one of his 7 air conditioned homes.

The fact that John Kerry thought Jimmy Carter and later Walter Mondale would do a better job handling the U.S. economy and fighting the cold war than Ronald Reagan would have. 'nuf said?

#268838 - 07/20/04 11:06 AM Re: Where to send your apologies.
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Chicken-hawk, you are a broken record of misinformation, paranoid emotion, and ill conceived rhetoric spewing opinion.

#268839 - 07/20/04 11:24 AM Re: Where to send your apologies.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Jeff'ed,

"Bush has damaged US credibility, is not a good communicator and is unable to repair that damage and we need to go in a new direction."

lets examine this a bit. I assume you are saying because we did not have a broader coalition going into Iraq that we have somehow damaged relaionships that are beneficial. The UN security council countries that did not join the colilition are France, Germany, Russia and China.

France- Documents found since the invasion essentaillly show that Sadam had been paying off the French with illegal contracts under the Un resolution. Why would France want to damage these profitable relationships by ousting Sadam.

Germany- Same thing to a lesser extent.

Russia- Same thing but with the added twist of selling arms and the Russian army training saddam troops. A bit of a conflict of interest.

China- They could care less about the Middle East and could care even less about what happens to the US. its in their best interest for us to fail.

It was clear to the simpleset of minds that thses players would not play long before the invasion. So who would Kerry build a coalition with? It all sounds good if you did not know the above which most Americans do not.

How do you repair that damage? you let time go buy and you let those players know that inspite of the games they played we will still work with them but from now on it needs to be above board. Secondly the war on terror is global. Captitlating to the enemy hurts everyone.

The truth of the matter is that GW asked the rest of the world to back up it's threats via the UN to deal with the dangers of Iraq. They blinked and he did not. The terrorist know that they will blink again they know GW and the US will not. Do you think Kerry will blink. I think you can bet on it.

AM ,GH
2 slams in a row with out one fact or rebuttal of the evidence posted. Just like Kerry emotion with out substance reason or accountability. I know it's tough being cornered in an indefensable positon but at least post more of your conspiracies and lies it was at least entertaining.

#268840 - 07/20/04 11:33 AM Re: Where to send your apologies.
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
No way gh.

WE are the wackos.

The ones who said there were no WMD.

The ones who insisted fronm the beginning there was no al qaeda connection between 9/11 and Iraq.

The ones who suggested we fight the ACTUAL people who attcked us.

You righties still refuse to believe any of it.

Its amazing that seemingly smart people can be so flat out stupid....ignorant even.

Anyone send THEIR apologies to a family of a dead soldier...or do you only support the living troops?

#268841 - 07/20/04 11:58 AM Re: Where to send your apologies.
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

TK,

You actually think that an isolationist approach is preferred? There's a lot of munutia involved with every country, but that doesn't mean that America needs to pick up the full tab for every conflict where there may be benefit to the free world.

The problem with Bush is that he does not have presidential communication skills and his depth of understanding of critical issues is shaky. Atleast with Kerry, you know where he's coming from and he'll tell you his position. He isn't affraid to have multidementional thoughts. Some people can't handle complex nuances. I guess if you fall into that boat, then Kerry isn't your man.

Bush on the other hand, provides such trite justifications for his actions, whether its tax cuts or going to war, it leads people to question whether he really knows what the hell he is doing and is a capable president.

#268842 - 07/20/04 12:14 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
h2o Offline
Carcass

There is no use trying to explain to the right why the middle hates Bush, in spite of how obvious it is.

I'll betcha when McCain runs in 2008 the party will have gotten it.

Til then I'm confident Kerry will be a better president than Dumbya. Hell, an autistic crack monkey with a brain tumor could do a better job, although admittedly it would have to rely on his appointees almost as much as Dumbya has his for the intellectual stuff....I'll bet that monkey might even support stem cell research given his lack of religious predilection.......

Oh...sorry Elvis.

PREDILICTION

#268843 - 07/20/04 12:22 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
h2o Offline
Carcass

BTW....

Apologies? Dead soldiers?

I'm waiting..........

#268844 - 07/20/04 12:28 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

TK,

I think your last post was a good one and I understand where you're coming from, but we differ on who the better man is to take the country forward from where we are today.

#268845 - 07/20/04 12:29 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Jeff'ed,

" Presidential communication skills". That is DNC propaganda and a sterotype perpetrated by the media. Don't Tell me you are going to fall for that? . I and many undersatnd him just fine. BTW Harvard does not give out MBA and Yale does nto give out undergratuate degrees unless you earn them. Is he as swuave as Clinton? no but he does just fine.
If I have found one truth in my life it is to judge someone on thier actions not thier words as the two rarely line up. Bush has a much better record than Kerry.

H20,

I understand why you are angry with God and President Bush . Why do think people have to give you thier apologies for the dead soldiers. Dillusional this AM ?

#268846 - 07/20/04 12:38 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
h2o Offline
Carcass

I wouldn't figure or your sorry sack of **** president would have the balls to look a family in the eye and say "my decision caused the death of your son. The nation is grateful and I am sorry"

Didn't think so.

Nothing is more cowardly than refusing to accept responsibility for your decisions.

When the regrouped and resurging Al Qaeda attacks america again will you explain to the families whyb their sons died fighting in Iraq and not fighting terrorism?

Or will you still continue to make excuses for the worst president in american history?

Excuses is my bet.

...and ignorant political rhetoric that completely ignores the question.

#268847 - 07/20/04 12:47 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

H20...and ignorant emotion that completely ignores the question and the facts that answer the question.

You feet are stuck in the mud of your hate thats plain and simple to see. If you had a postion based on facts or logic we could debate it but it's impossible to debate hate.

#268848 - 07/20/04 01:13 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Emotion... yeah, right. Typical rightie dodge.

Most people, even those of the simplist minds, will note there isn't an ounce of emotion in my last post. It is pure and simple fact. No hyperbole, no sarcasm, no emotion. If I have to explain that, you wouldn't understand.

Now on to this:

Quote:
" Presidential communication skills". That is DNC propaganda
I hadn't realized that the Democrats were the ones that labeled Reagan as the "Great Communicator." I wonder why the GOP doesn't renounce that stereotype...

#268849 - 07/20/04 01:15 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
h2o Offline
Carcass

Same reason your stupid constitutional amendment banning gay marriage never even had a breath of life in the congress.

For the record, I don't hate God. I just don't believe in God the same way do. I suppose this makes me as destined for your Hell as anyone who doesn't share your religious beliefs......

What I do hate is religious hypocrisy, which God has nothing to do with. It doesn't take a whole lot of study to see where the Dilhole administration poops all over its own 'religious convictions'.

Anyone else find it ironic that God told Dumbya to kill? You know, they used to put people in the looney bin for saying that stuff out loud. God told Hinckley that if he killed Reagan he'd get some Jodie Foster action.......

That God.....he really does have a sense of humor after all! Ya think he knew she was gay the whole time?

#268850 - 07/20/04 01:23 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Scowak, go now and join the military. I'm sure you will enjoy every minute of your favorite war. And you would be so proud of your work. You can come back and boast about it here, in the Life after fishing section and we will be all ears. You can change your name to SUPER AMERCAN PATRIOT 1. You would be helping GW to smoke out each and every hater of America where ever they may nest and the Governments that shelters them. GW has created plenty of work for you by helping with their recruiting, improving and strenthening of his " Axis Of Evil," (North Korea, Iran, France Germany, Canada, China, Syria, Libia, Russia and the Soviet Republic, U.N. and any one else that we can pin the terror label on)..... Not to forget those leftwing liberals here at home. while you and GW sit at each side of your God in Heaven, having freed the world of terror and after Mars, the whole Universe. It's a big job and you are needed now at your local selective service office.

Ever notice how members of this board that we care for and were the first to serve in this war are more reseved in there opinons about the war and are not thumping their chest in ape like fashion. Don't see um waving banner's for Chicken hawks either. They are the hero's (that are in our prayers) because they were obligated to serve there country, take the risk and did so admirably, while those like you Scowak, so eager for war, sit and type, while being a repulsive Chicken Hawk, as GW is (Viet Nam), for all to see. Even though some have finish there active duty and are back to fishing and enjoying their families, they still need our prayers for good health and continued successs, after exposure to the hazards of war. Tell GW to give them the support (medical, Financial) and resouces they need in civilian life while you type out those long diatribes of yours.

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#268851 - 07/20/04 02:58 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

H20,

I don't remeber voting for a gay marriage ban in the constitution. I don't even remember supporting it. Heck as a strict constituionalist I think that it's none of the states business and it certainly has nothing to do with 99% of the relions as they are mostly civil cerimonies.

JLH,

That stuff is old and tired 3rd grade palyground antics. There is no requirement to serve for anyone in this country. It would be like me saying hey JLH if you want to vote for gay rights you have to be gay or if you want to vote for abortion you have to be a woman.
Are you Gay or a woman if not then shut your mouth about those issue's. Does that work for you or are you proposing separate standards like most libs here?

#268852 - 07/20/04 03:02 PM Re: Where to send your apologies.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

GH,

well lets break it down then.

Chicken-hawk = fact or emotion?

broken record = Fact or emotion?

misinformation= fact or emotion?

ill conceived rhetoric spewing = Fact or emotion?

Well I see no facts related to this or similar topics and all emotion.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1408 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |