Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#269078 - 07/26/04 11:09 AM Re: Timing is everything
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
"This thread goes no further until Elvis finally admits Dumbya dodged the draft."

H20 I will do that when you admit Kerrys action hurt POW's and that he flopped to get his 3 ph's so he could get out of there.

With that we end up even and it makes zero difference.

#269079 - 07/26/04 09:19 PM Re: Timing is everything
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
harley..being in the military is honorable but does not make you , by that service, superior to those who did not or will not serve. Kerry serving and then trashing the service is just an early glimpse into his opportunistic core values and his service in Viet Nam does not make him a a potentially better anything. I also think those like Clinton who used their smarts to avoid being needlessly killed in Viet Nam are much more intelligent than guys like Kerry.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#269081 - 07/27/04 10:36 AM Re: Timing is everything
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Originally posted by grandpa:
... being in the military is honorable but does not make you , by that service, superior to those who did not or will not serve.
I've never made any claims at being superior because of my service, only more enlightened and informed on relative issues.

As an analogy of why chickenhawks acting as war cheerleaders bothers me so much, consider this: who would you consider more credible and a more valued opinion in the wild steelhead/salmon restoration debate; a lifelong sportsman or a member of PETA?

#269082 - 07/27/04 11:10 AM Re: Timing is everything
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

If the lifelong sporstman comes from most any of the SW Washington towns or cities like Monroe or Sultan. I would be hard pressed to call them Sportsman. Low rent ,beer drinking,lsmoking ,littering people with fishing gears is a better discription. :p

#269083 - 07/27/04 11:14 AM Re: Timing is everything
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
Hehe...republican strongholds all of them.

I couldn't have described your constituency any more eloquently myself.

Nice company Elvis.

Nice geography Elvis, looked at a map lately?

#269084 - 07/27/04 12:00 PM Re: Timing is everything
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

H20,

No those would be the liberals. The conservatives generally fish elsewhere to avoid them.

#269085 - 07/27/04 03:39 PM Re: Timing is everything
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
This whole theory that you have to currently be in the military in order to be able to support the troops and the directives they're following is RIDICULOUS.

EVERY American citizen is allowed to have an opinion--It's anti-American to suggest anything to the contrary.

If we follow the line of logic that only active and retired members of the armed forces are allowed to have an opinion and or say in the matter of U.S. military action(s). Then:

AuntyM would have to go have an abortion in order to be able to have her opinions on abortions validated.

And regardless of your orientation you would have to have to have a homosexual relationship to weigh in on whether or not homosexuals should be allowed to have their marriages recognized by state and federal governments.

#269086 - 07/27/04 04:00 PM Re: Timing is everything
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOWAK:
This whole theory that you have to currently be in the military in order to be able to support the troops and the directives they're following is RIDICULOUS.

EVERY American citizen is allowed to have an opinion--It's anti-American to suggest anything to the contrary.

Well, whaddayaknow, you're actually right about something. \:\)

Now if you could only put that into practice...

Oh, and by the way, encouraging your government to wage frivilous wars so that young men and women in uniform die needlessly is NOT synonymous with supporting the troops.

#269087 - 07/27/04 04:28 PM Re: Timing is everything
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

goharley,

I'm curious, all kidding aside--are you supporting and voting for Ralph Nader for president in 2004?

Because Ralph Nader is the only candidate running who is on record saying that we should have never invaded Iraq. He's the only candidate that vows if he's elected will immediatley remove our troops from Iraq.

Just curious.

#269088 - 07/27/04 04:48 PM Re: Timing is everything
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

"Oh, and by the way, encouraging your government to wage frivilous wars so that young men and women in uniform die needlessly is NOT synonymous with supporting the troops."

No belly aching and complaining and being anti war once your government decides to go to war is not synonymous with supporting the troops. it's derisive ,counterproductive. it's compounded by supporting a guy for president that voted to go to war on only one issue while pounding the other guy who gave 12 additional valid reasons to go to war for making the decision.

#269089 - 07/27/04 04:52 PM Re: Timing is everything
h2o Offline
Carcass

yeah, after his first three turned out to be total, unmititigated bullshi*.

#269090 - 07/27/04 04:58 PM Re: Timing is everything
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

H20,

Not one has been proven false or misleading and you cannot prove otherwise. The whole world recognized that Saddam had WMD's it's just a matter of finding where he stashed them.

#269091 - 07/27/04 05:12 PM Re: Timing is everything
h2o Offline
Carcass

Except those of us that were never stupid enough to believe so in the first place.

righty throws that out there as if it is some sort of yet to be witnessed triumph...and yet would never take responsibility if the wmd's Iraq may have had before the war wound up in the hands of real terrorists.

Never.

They'd blame Clinton somehow, even though their inept, bungling messiah is the one who would have really screwed the pooch.

#269092 - 07/27/04 05:17 PM Re: Timing is everything
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

I wish there was a translator that could show me how everything gets turned into a conspiracy.

#269093 - 07/27/04 05:54 PM Re: Timing is everything
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

stlhdh20,

If, when you were in High School your mom told you that she was going to come in and inspect every inch of your bedroom in six months and announce her findings to the entire world --would you leave anything lying around that might incriminate yourself or cause embaresment?

#269094 - 07/27/04 06:04 PM Re: Timing is everything
h2o Offline
Carcass

ridiculous question of course.

what self-respecting mother would be stupid enough to warn their kids in advance they were going to search? ....the answer is of course any mother that mother's like Dumbya President's.....

#269095 - 07/27/04 06:05 PM Re: Timing is everything
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
No belly aching and complaining and being anti war once your government decides to go to war is not synonymous with supporting the troops. it's derisive ,counterproductive.
Wrong-o. It's American. And if it somehow convinces the masses to find a way to end the war sooner rather than later, it saves soldiers from dieing, ergo, productive. Encouraging an inept administration to "stay the course" when said course is obviously poorly chosen is counter-productive.

If you've not been "the troops," you likely will not understand what support is desired.

Mass exodus of Iraq is not the answer now. We've created a huge mess that we are responsible to clean up. That's the personal responsibility thing that so many of the conservatives have a problem exercising.

#269096 - 07/27/04 06:10 PM Re: Timing is everything
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by stlhdh2o:

what self-respecting mother would be stupid enough to warn their kids in advance they were going to search? [/qb]
------------------------------------------------------------

The kind of mother that unfairly had her hands tied behind her back by having to go through the United Nations Security Counsel.

Checkmate!

#269097 - 07/27/04 06:23 PM Re: Timing is everything
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

GH,

Sure discussion and disent are a right in the US but it does not mean it's right. The majority of congress supported the decision to go on 12 points not one of the 12 points has been proven false or misleading. The majority of congress agrees that going into Iraq was correct and staying the course is correct. A bipartisan decision and conclusion. The correct thing to do is support the effort until complete by doing everything possible to insure a successful mission that will honor those that have fallen and limiting the number that might fall. I see no profit in the continual diatribe that we should not have gone. It's too late we are there. And thinking it will make people think twice about war the next time is a fallacy. We think 2,3,4 times about going into any war and it is never taken lightly.

#269098 - 07/27/04 06:26 PM Re: Timing is everything
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

This is more like it.

What mother would ask the drug dealer that was suppling her kids business partners permission to search her kids room?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cameron D., FlyingFish, NEfishLdo, shinnecock1
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 1025 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645423 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |