THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#270749 - 08/23/04 06:59 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Wailuku Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Portland
Were you really wanting to know why people are going to vote for Kerry? Or is it just possible you were hoping someone would respond so you could flame them and every reason they have for voting? Gee... never would have expected that from you!

Is it possible that others may have the same depth of conviction about their reasons for voting as you? Oh I get it, you are the only "really" educated person on here. You obviously went to school far enough away from the freeway to get a quality education. You know, away from all the infectious tattooed libs with all their bumperstickers and dumb directionally challenged muslim friends.

Stop pretending. You meant to title this thread the "Kerry bashing thread" and you meant to ask people to volunteer to be sacrificed at the TK Altar of political knowledge. You have no intention of ever even having a half assed discussion of politics on this board as your mind is slammed shut from any other possible reality other than your own. The few here that respond are only serving to fulfill your need to prove yourself right. If you have so much conviction about your man Bush, why the need to prove everyone else wrong????

The beauty of it all for me is that 90% of the people I know voting for Kerry would be voting for a sock puppet if it were running against Bush. That is because they have fundamental belief things need to change and it starts with our current administration. I don't need to sell Kerry, I don't need to defend him, I need to check his name on the ballot so we can start repairing some of the damage this administration has caused.

#270750 - 08/23/04 07:01 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
DanS,

You can say it but you cannot back it up. But why would you do that when emotion and feelings substitute for thought in your world.

Not one person here has ever backed up their vote for Kerry based on detailed actions Kerry would take on point by point issues. Just emotion and feelings, yes their right but don't play it off as right or even informed.

#270751 - 08/23/04 07:09 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Wailuku,

Honestly I wanted to see if people had reasons for voting for Kerry other than the " He is not Bush " diatribe they try to pass off as an informed reason. Jeff'ed did a good job of outlining 7 reasons but I doubt he or anyone can back them up with facts and figures on Kerrys position. What difference does it make what my motivation is BTW? If you don't like it don't respond or just call me a Dickwad and move on. I promise it won't hurt my feelings. Care to offer na opinion or are you sticking with I am a Dickwad as your response? :p

#270752 - 08/23/04 07:16 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
GH,

More proof the the option limited choose the military in which to hide.
Oh, changing baits? Nice try you unemotional colorblind Bush voting fool.

#270753 - 08/23/04 07:19 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
I can honestly tell you that I believe, based on what I've read and heard on countless political venues that Kerry's position on every issue that I raised has more foundation that Bush's, but I really don't care to take the time to post endless supporting documentation here. As I said, the debates will go a long way to validating that.

I do agree with you though TK, that people should consider the issues and what candidate supports the type of country that they want to see. But it's more than just facts and figures. I can honestly tell you that I feel betrayed by Bush and that he deceived us to go to war. Bush is not just a cog in the political wheel, but our leader.

The one figure that you cannot dispute is the deficit that Bush has driven and I haven't heard anything from him, other than supply side hyperbole, that deals with that.

#270754 - 08/23/04 07:24 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Wailuku Offline
Returning Adult

"Care to offer na opinion or are you sticking with I am a Dickwad as your response?"

No, I bow to your superior knowledge and higher intellect. Your ability to be verbose and refrain from name calling is truly your most redeeming quality. In fact I think that is what has won me over. I'm sure glad you have kids. With values like yours being perpetuated I will sleep well at night knowing our country will head in the right direction.

#270755 - 08/23/04 07:28 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
TK,

I'm going to sleep just fine tonight. And I'll sleep even better when GW packs his **** and moves out of the WH.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#270757 - 08/23/04 07:40 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Jeff'ed

The deficit is really easy to understand if you look into the federal budget add in Iraq and Afgahanistan wars. But seeing that the largest % comes form mandatory SSN and Human services increases does little good if you feel that the Iraq war was baseless.

Wail,

You miss this point. That you can call me any name it the book directly, qualified or thinly veiled and I could care less . It does not effect me in the least. Secondly you cannot find one post here where I have name called one person that did not do it to me first. Once they do it they find out that I enjoy it and I am better at it than they are and they usually stop or move past it and get back to the point.

#270758 - 08/23/04 07:49 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
So you're good at calling names, huh?

Color me impressed.

It's probably because we clearly have no understanding of how to formulate good names and then use them in a witty manner.

Oh well...............

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#270759 - 08/23/04 07:59 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Wailuku Offline
Returning Adult

Your point is that you are a good name caller? Neato! Yeah, now that I look back on it "dickwad" was pretty spectacularly formed. I'm impressed! I am waiting with baited breath for your next gem.

Oh yeah, the "they did it first" excuse explains everything. Don't forget to pull your trump card you know the one, the old "they made me do it"... Kind of reminds you of a child doesn't it?

#270761 - 08/23/04 08:44 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Extreme Left of Center
Yes he has called me everything from a friend of Fidel Castro to accusing me of being gay. I'm betting he is an avid listener to the Michael Savage show because this is the exact same crap that Savage does with people who disagree with him.
Little E it was you and SCOWAK that started the name calling crap and you know it.
It was also you two who started the calling guys like JLH out at the pier.
You want to debate politics? Fine! but leave the ignorant gutter bull$hit out of it.
At least you don't hide behind the phoney pretense that you are some kind of Christian like SCOWAK does.
I know Marsha's husband Mike and if he hadn't just had back surgery I'm pretty sure he would be looking for you if he knew the names you have been calling her.
Grow up and act like an adult !

#270763 - 08/23/04 09:43 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
This may be a bit off topic, but I just have to ask...... Why should the wealthiest of americans pay more of their income in taxes than the middle class or less fortunate, especially since they are the ones that use government programs the least????? They are american just like I am american, if I pay 28% or 20% or whatever, why shouldn't they pay 28% or 20% or whatever??? Just because they had the drive, ambition, intelligence or just plain good luck, to make millions upon millions, why do so many people want to punish them with higher taxes??? I don't get it....would you feel the same if you won the super lotto for 100 mil tomorrow? Would you offer up those higher taxes if you had your stroke of good luck? Or maybe you'd just offer up about 20 million and donate to the national debt because you feel like you should be paying more in taxes than what they are taking?

Wasn't it the Declaration of Independance, the foundation of our country, that said: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Well if we are all equal, why not tax us all equally?

#270764 - 08/24/04 01:17 AM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Couldn't agree more. 20% of 1 million is 200,000. 20% 0f 100,000 is 20,000.

They are already paying much much more, but people want to up it even higher... It just doesn't make sense.

Whats strange though, is that I honestly do have respect for Kerry, as he is obviously driven by a strong will. Any man who can stick to his guns like that will definitely leave an impression in me.

However, it seems that his followers have no respect whatsoever for President Bush.

My only request for the people on this board is that you show a little respect for Bush. He's done pretty well for himself, and your jealousy is just getting rediculous. Who cares if he was born with a silver spoon. He obviously took advantage of it.

Once again, "uh oh".

Curtis

#270765 - 08/24/04 01:28 AM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
Originally posted by Stew:

Little E it was you and SCOWAK that started the name calling crap and you know it.--Stew
------------------------------------------------------------

Stew,

I'm only speaking for myself, but it's you guys on the left that constantly refer to people who's personal politics you don't agree with disrespectful nick names. The only name other than your moniker I've referred to you by was Disco Stew, and that was only after you had repeatedly and rudely referrenced me with names other than my moniker--If I'm wrong, please correct me. When you guys can no longer argue or dispute logic the names/insults start flying. That seems to be the far lefts M.O. I've tried to rise above it and follow H20's example of being more respectful and intellectually engaging. That's still a work in progress, but at least I'm trying.

As for your Savage analogy, I happen to agree with you that he's a BUFFOON. He certainly doesn't represent any conservatives I look up to. If you want to hear an intellegent, articulate knowledgeble conservative, I would invite you to listen to Michael Medved (12:00-3:00pm: 770 AM)--He's someone that I think very highly of, that represents the conservative viewpoint very well. --RB

At least you don't hide behind the phoney pretense that you are some kind of Christian like SCOWAK does.--Stew

What does 'phoney pretense' mean?

In the past, you've accused me of claiming I was a prophet--when I requested that you post any statements I've made to that effect you never posted any--- I'm still waiting.

I never claimed to be a perfect Christian, but I'm not going to apologize to you or anyone else for believing in something bigger than myself.

Lastly, you've referenced Jesus and the bible yourself--are you a fellow believer?--RB

#270766 - 08/24/04 02:36 AM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
VAs for your Savage analogy, I happen to agree with you that he's a BUFFOON. He certainly doesn't represent any conservatives I look up to. If you want to hear an intellegent, articulate knowledgeble conservative, I would invite you to listen to Michael Medved (12:00-3:00pm: 770 AM)--He's someone that I think very highly of, that represents the conservative viewpoint very well. --RB
I've listened to Medved and you are right he is much less bombastic than those other idiots like Rush and Sean. Unfortunately he parrots the same right wing dogma that the rest do :rolleyes: Almost word for word! The rumor that the RNC gives these radio guys specific talking points appears to be true. He ought to stick to his movie reviews and leave the political commentary alone.
I've studied the bible extensively but am not a practicing believer.I hate the way the so called "Christian Right" is trying to force their belief upon the rest of us and now that they have that stooge Bush in the White House they are even worse!
Also I know that to follow Christ is an ongoing work but for cryin' out loud RB what the hell are you doing wanting to fight someone because of political differences? Don't you think you should be asking yourself "What Would Jesus Do" in that kind of situation instead of fighting?
There is room here for intelligent political debate but it seems it always detriorates into name calling and when some tries to explain why they like John Kerry over Bush you righties jump all over them and do everything from questioning their sexual orienatation to calling them communists.

#270767 - 08/24/04 03:24 AM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
h2o Offline
Carcass

Jesus would kick some frickin ass, that's what he'd do!

Look people, there is a huge difference between calling someone a douchebag, or in tk's case 'ledouchebag' and making fun of your nick. See, making fun of someones nick takes some thought and effort both on the part of the humorist and the reader. Is it any surprise then that righty is the one who doesn't get that?

Apparently righty thinks its only funny and fair to call names when they're argued into a corner. Happens alot around here, right Elvis?

Grow some fuzz on your forum balls, wouldya?

#270768 - 08/24/04 04:18 AM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy:

However, it seems that his followers have no respect whatsoever for President Bush.

My only request for the people on this board is that you show a little respect for Bush.
Curtis
How can I respect this man? I didn't like Reagan but I respected him. I didn't like Bush #1 and I respected him too. This clown does not deserve my respect because of the way he has polarized this nation and thrust us into a war that we hadn't no business being in.
He and his minions continue to pay dirty politics for the sake of clinging to power at all costs.
We are still over two months away from the election and I fear we have not even began to see the worst that Karl Rove, Dick Cheney and George Bush are capable of doing to win this election.
Am I paaranoid? No! I'm scared sh*tless at the spectre of what the GOP will do to hold onto power. These guys are high tech Richard Nixon clones.

#270769 - 08/24/04 06:15 AM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
h2o Offline
Carcass

Why?

How about this....because Bouche had his chance and screwed it up. The kind of screw ups that don't deserve a second chance.

I didn't vote for him but I could have the second time if he didn't prove to be such an incompetent boob AND he was more interesting than the other candidate.

Furthermore, after having watched the tactics of the republican party closely this election, I'm not sure I can ever vote for them again.

Ever.

#270771 - 08/24/04 11:40 AM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Stewie,

The real world works like this. You get what you give. If you think you can call someone a name, any name what you consider to be little or big and they are not allowed to respond or you take offense to it you need to grow up. You and a few others started with the Chickenhawk BS and now you want to cry foul. So very typical of liberals. If AM's husband has an issue with anyone it should be her. This is another example of your liberal whiney assed thought process. She comes on a BB dominated by men insults them when she cannot make a point and then wants to play the "I am a sensative" woman card and there should be chivalry? If a woman wants to mouth off to men she gets what she gets. If she wants to act like a lady it's a different story. The grown up thing to do is stop the insults yourself if thats what you expect of others.

#270773 - 08/24/04 12:10 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

H20
"Look people, there is a huge difference between calling someone a douchebag, or in tk's case 'ledouchebag' and making fun of your nick. See, making fun of someones nick takes some thought and effort both on the part of the humorist and the reader. Is it any surprise then that righty is the one who doesn't get that?"

There is only a huge difference if there is context. If you know someone and over the course of your friendship you have come to a place where you both agree that it is ok it works. If you just meet a person for the first time or casually know them you would not do such a thing because it could be seen as an insult or provocation. Here 100% of the time in the context of heat of the debate it is a provocation. One then cannot complain about the outcome as they intiated the walk down that path. To deny your intent is a lie in that case.

BTW how do you get Chickenhawk or Neocon from TheKing if your game is as innocent as you claim?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Brad_tgl, Coho, NewNWSalmon3
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Carcassman, 1 invisible), 822 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |