THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#270774 - 08/24/04 01:29 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Quote:
Originally posted by AuntyM:
Sorry TK but anyone with half a brain can go back and search the beginning of your attacks. The term "chickenhawk" came long after your attacks on peoples characters.

I'm obviously able to handle myself in what you seem to think is a mans forum (as if Fishgal never has to READ your garbage!) and god knows how many OTHER women may read but never post just BECAUSE of your attacks. Funny, Bob never mentioned anywhere that women weren't welcome on his board and that this is some exclusive male club here. :rolleyes:

There are quite a few Bush supporters like FisherDan who don't seem to be getting called any names by the "libs" as you claim. Could it be that those "libs" don't attack others until they've been attacked? You even had the gall to insult Salmo g. There isn't a single person that supports Kerry that you haven't insulted for that matter.

As long as I have a breath in me, I will speak out and fight racist bigots like you.
Aunty you are loved by many!

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#270775 - 08/24/04 01:36 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
AM,

Obviously your memory is selective. I was polite to you until you whished me dead . Even your so called friends chided you for going over the line.
"You even had the gall to insult Salmo g. "
He called me a moron and my comments moronic I took it as an invite to play the game by his rules. Again the first slavo was not mine. I did not know that he has some special status here. Again please show me where I have called anyone a name that they did not fist do such to me. Maybe you could back it up with a $1000 cash donation to a PPP named charity for everyone you do not find? It would only be 12 or 15 g's.

#270776 - 08/24/04 01:38 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

It's easy for cowards to make accusations lets see you back it up for once. This is the second go around for you without backing it up AM whats your excuse this time?

#270777 - 08/24/04 01:56 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
There is always context, Elvis. A moniker is all the context one needs to make a joke. Its a given that we know nothing of each other personally, why then take something like a dig at yer moniker so personally? Your effeminate side is showing again, Mr. Sensitive.

And hey there was big newsflash this morning, you might have missed it..... Internet bb's are not real life. I could care less any more if some dolt that can't formulate thoughts well enough to respond intelligently to arguments made by an undereducated musclehead like myself. In fact it further elucidates my points about the core of conservatism. Let's just say that it appeals to the less cerebral elements of our culture on the whole, those would prefer not to expend too much energy evolving thoughts, ideas and concepts into reality.

You'd rather have the church tell you the world is flat or the government tell you we need to go to war so you don't have to figure it out for yourself. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

What are we left to think when all that's left in your verbal arsenal is fat jokes and derision? I can't help but think to myself 'total loser'. I take pride in in extracting low brow insults from you, Elvis. It makes you and your constituency look even worse, if that's possible. It undermines the moral high ground upon which your political ideals are based. It means I'm doing what I set out to do in these political forums, exposing the truth about the conservative base and the hypocrisy on which it is founded.

#270779 - 08/24/04 02:56 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

H20,

You have to assume that people care about what you think or say and that is a false assumption on your part. You have no idea who people are that post here as all you get are snippets and your own presumptions fill in the rest. So anything that you create from it is of your own making and truely reflective of your character more than the other guys.

AM,

Selective memory again, here is how it really happened. the topic was the Iraq war I support it and you do not. You took offnse to it and started on your usual diatribe about how i had no right to support a war if I would not fight in it. I posted that my family had been involved in almost every war in this countries history up to and including this war. You said you wished I where dead after that post by me. Mush later after you made a false accusation that I had threatened you bodily harm I said I could hire a fat woman to come and fight you if you really wanted. Now lets put up or shut up. I will pay $1000 dollars to a PPP charity if you can prove that I called you a name to your whishing me dead. If not you pay $1000. I can make that bet with 100% confidence because it is not in my nature to call someone a name until they do it first.

Put up or shut up!

#270780 - 08/24/04 03:22 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
h20

we care...... or at least I do ;\)

#270781 - 08/24/04 03:41 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
h2o Offline
Carcass

thanks led.

elvis, the veracity and frequency with which you respond to my posts indicates you DO care. If you didn't care you'd ignore me.

You can be forgiven for that though, its hard to ignore having your entire belief system laid bare for the hypocritical, racist, self-reightousness that it is.

#270782 - 08/24/04 03:50 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

H20,

I would love to ignore you but you keep addressing post to me. Why I remeber one of several weeks ago that you vowed to keep at the top. Yet when challenged you went silent.

#270783 - 08/24/04 03:55 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
Quote:
Originally posted by Stew:

Also I know that to follow Christ is an ongoing work but for cryin' out loud RB what the hell are you doing wanting to fight someone because of political differences? Don't you think you should be asking yourself "What Would Jesus Do" in that kind of situation instead of fighting?
[/QB]
------------------------------------------------------------

Stew,

I never took issue with or started anything with anyone because of their personal political differences.

I'm the person that has maintained that it's OK to attack someone's personal politics, but it's not OK to personally attack someone because of their politics. There is a profound difference--unfortunately, there some people on this board that don't understand or agree with that.

This whole thing started when I was continually accused of somehow being a coward because I happen to support our troops and have happened to have made a different carreer choice than someone else.
I respect my country, democracy, capitalism and ALL of our troops. I don't say like some others that, "I support our troops--I just don't support what they're doing right now." I support the American troops 100%-- whether history will prove what they've carried out recently was adviseble or not. After being repeatedly publically accused of being a coward, I finally ran out of cheeks to turn and offered a forum to do it in person--still no takers. I thought this whole unfortunate thing had blown over--judge for yourself who re-opened that issue and who is cyberly throwing fuel on a fire that had just about extinguished.
As for your comments about republican talking points, both sides talk and address the same issues on a given days plate--that's politics.

Even though Michael Medved may be in agreement with some others on a given issue, the thing I like about him as opposed to others is that he doesn't just take calls from people who agree with him and tell him how great he is. He primarily invites and takes calls from people who disagree with him and allows them an opportunity to 'air' their views/opinions. When he offers his view/opinion in return he does it respectfully and many times with verafiable facts and an historical example to help make his point.

#270784 - 08/24/04 04:04 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
h2o Offline
Carcass

I get letters addressed to me all the time.

'you might have alreday won.....'

'confidential'

etc

If I don't care about them, I ignore them.

#270785 - 08/24/04 04:20 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Like Rodney King said, "Can't we all just get along?"

I don't agree with some of the things Theking says or the way he says them.

However, you guys like to verbally gang rape him like he's the new fish in the State Pen.---If he finally says 'F' that noise and comes out swinging---can you blame him?

Why don't we all agree to put the "I'm rubber--you're glue" flak jackets away and politely and respectfully debate the issues at hand.

The politicians and their politics are fair game.

It would be more adult and definatly more productive as a forum if we stopped personally attacking people because of their politics, and limited our attacks to politicians and their politics.

#270787 - 08/24/04 05:16 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

I am calling on Theking and Grandpa to take the first step towards civlity---if you put the past were it belongs (in the past) and address people by their monikers and post opinions and questions respectfully and in return you're insulted and rudely referenced--then that will speak for itself.

It's worth a try to at least start fresh and wipe the slate clean.

If that dosen't work there's always 'dodgeball.'

#270788 - 08/24/04 05:22 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

AM,
"Hey TK, you forgot one thing. You removed at least one post back then and tried to misrepresent my response to you."

Not true AM that was the first baseless accusation you have made. When have I ever run from anything you have said? I would never remove a post and have never removed a post.

RB,

I have offered all multiple times that if they wanted to stop the name calling all they have to do is say so and I would be happy to return the favor.

#270789 - 08/24/04 06:11 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:

RB,

I have offered all multiple times that if they wanted to stop the name calling all they have to do is say so and I would be happy to return the favor. [/QB]

Why don't you be the BIGGER man and start first.

If you make an earnest and continued effort to be civil, and the insults and name calling continue from your political adversaries--then that will say alot more to onlookers about the people throwing the names and insults than it will about the person there being thrown at.

#270791 - 08/24/04 06:47 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

RB,

You know it's not that easy. Look at the JLH example. You backed off on him and he is still coming full steam. Has that changed anyones opinion about you or have the stopped the name calling? Secondly if someone does not care to look into the facts of the matter I have little control of how I am percieved and either does anyone else. If they cared at all they would have never started it in the fist place. I'll give them a shot based on their actions.

#270792 - 08/24/04 06:55 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Extreme Left of Center
The name calling hasn't bothered me that much as far as me getting called names.
What has bothered me is how TK and Grandpa have said some pretty cruel things to Aunty M.
TK you left the door wide open for someone to take a cheap shot at your wife but we, unlike you with your no class remarks about Marsha, didn't do it.
You guys want to call a truce? Fine but perhaps TK you could be a man and step up with some long over due apologies.

#270793 - 08/24/04 07:08 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Stew,

Poor poor logic there Pal. 1st for your analogy to work I would have had to have taken shots at AM's husband which I have not. I believe you do not give AM credit for her role in anythting that has happened and secondly it is rather sexist for you to assume she is not capable of standing on her own two feet and defending herself. Youy make it sound as though I just upped and took cheap shots at her for no reason. You need to read more before you take it upon yourself to decide degreees of fault. And last for a guy who from his first post directed at me has taken cheap shot after cheap shot it is very shabby of you to claim any moral high ground.

#270794 - 08/24/04 07:15 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Extreme Left of Center
Way to turn it around there TK :rolleyes: Apparently you're one of those who can never see their complicity in any dispute
It's always the other guys fault right?
Okay well I thought I would try to reason with you but that appears to be impossible.

#270795 - 08/24/04 07:23 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Stew, I have never denied my role I have only claimed I did not start it which is true. You on the other hand have completely failed to dicuss your role and picked AM and myself instead to make your statement. What does that say about you?

#270796 - 08/24/04 07:40 PM Re: Why vote for Kerry?
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:

.....if someone does not care to look into the facts of the matter I have little control of how I am percieved and either does anyone else. [/QB]

That's my point exactly---You do make good points sometimes---However, the way you present them makes some people automatically negate anything you've said regardless of whether it made since or not.

As much as you read, I'm sure you've read Carnegie's, 'How to win friends and influence people'. I'm sure you don't neccessarily care to make friends in this forum--but if you want to influence the discourse--there is a more effective way to do it.

In the final analysis, the only behavior we can control is our own.

Let your ideas and views be what gets people thinking and not the way they were presented.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 916 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |