Spawner

Detracts the pain from my neck...

#271753 - 09/16/04 12:12 PM Re: 60 Minutes
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
From the AP:

Quote:
Rep. Chris Cox, R-Calif., called Wednesday for a congressional investigation, saying CBS has declined to reveal its source "despite the growing abundance of evidence that CBS News has aided and abetted fraud."

However, fellow Republican Joe Barton of Texas, chairman of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, quickly rejected Cox's request, saying the media and viewers should sort out the matter.
Interesting. I wonder what Barton knows that he doesn't want everyone else knowing?

#271754 - 09/16/04 12:34 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

I think bouncing around in a boat 12hrs a day for three days in a row had something to do with it I think the epidemic is called Coho fever!? \:D

#271756 - 09/16/04 01:24 PM Re: 60 Minutes
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
I dunno AM, them river banks are really muddy right now. PM could slip and fall on his ass, then his lower back would REALLY hurt! \:D

#271757 - 09/16/04 01:33 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
So whom do we believe, Killian's secretary or his family?
You can't be serious with that question. Who'd be more familiar with Killian's job than his secretary? Only Killian himself.

Are you calling Ms. Carr-Knox a liar?

Rather asked her what she thought about Killian's son disputing the memos. She said he'd have no way of knowing....he wasn't there, and she was.

I'll take the word of someone who was there, before I'd take the word of someone who wasn't. But that's just my opinion.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#271758 - 09/16/04 01:41 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Fisherdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn, Wa, USA
I can't say that I'd be surprised if the son of a wealthy man somehow leaped up front to get into the TANG. Seems to me it's been that way for a long time. President Bush himself says that Kerry's service was "more honorable".

That having been said, President Bush isn't running on his VietNam experience. He'll still get my vote, because I still haven't heard much I like from Kerry on how he'd lead the nation....

Fisherdan

#271759 - 09/16/04 01:46 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
I would not take the word of anyone I did not know personally in such a situation. What was the response of your teacher 34 years ago when you turned in your homework in the 5th grade? did she think you where a good kid ,a bad kid , what did she think? She spent 30 hours a week with you for 9 months I doubt that she could even recall you and if she could it would be with rose colored memories that where an amalgam of all her students.

#271761 - 09/16/04 03:21 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Don't have much of the back side left after I told my wife that as of about 14:30 tomorrow she wont see me till Sunday evening. Think she'd be happy?? I'll be out along with about 4,000 of my closest fishing buds this weekend... She'll get to see me for a brief moment when she drops our daughter off for the afternoon bite.

We'll, now it's looking like Rather is having his own doubts. I wonder how much pressure it took for him to have those doubts though?

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
—Elmer Davis

#271762 - 09/16/04 03:23 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
I once stated that I would like an independent investigation of this matter to resolve it. I now relinquish that statement. To have a congressional investigation would not be a good thing. Why the rush for an investigation of this and no congressional investigation of any number of other much more important issues that would make repubs look bad. All an investigation of this would do is to keep the republican agenda in the news for as long as they wish to distract people from the content of the memo's which is the really important issue. They want to make it look like the dems are responsible for the phony documents, if they are in fact phony.

This is better done by the press and the public, IMHO. I think that way; the issues aren't going to be dictated by a set agenda. The focus will drift all over the place and finally land with what resonates most with the public. This could be construed as a ploy to keep the bad press with Bush and the Republican slander is off of Kerry. See what the current administration has taught me ;\)

#271763 - 09/16/04 03:45 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan S.:
Quote:
So whom do we believe, Killian's secretary or his family?
You can't be serious with that question. Who'd be more familiar with Killian's job than his secretary? Only Killian himself.

Are you calling Ms. Carr-Knox a liar?

Rather asked her what she thought about Killian's son disputing the memos. She said he'd have no way of knowing....he wasn't there, and she was.

I'll take the word of someone who was there, before I'd take the word of someone who wasn't. But that's just my opinion.
------------------------------------------------------------

WOW Dan S,

For someone who's normally 'fair and balanced'--you really 'jumped the shark' on that one. \:D

Look into it for yourself--Killian's son WAS there--he was in the 'Guard and stationed on the same base that Bush 43 was during the period in question.

#271764 - 09/16/04 03:51 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
Quote:
Originally posted by Pmartin:

I'll be out along with about 4,000 of my closest fishing buds this weekend... [/QB]
------------------------------------------------------------

Pmartin,

Are you heading to Grays Harbor? If so what side?

#271765 - 09/16/04 04:11 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

I'll be in 8-2 and 9 for the Everett Coho derby.. \:D

#271766 - 09/16/04 04:12 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Good luck PM

I bet the winning fish goes 18lb plus they are big fish this year :p

#271768 - 09/16/04 04:32 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Quote:
Killian's son WAS there--he was in the 'Guard and stationed on the same base that Bush 43 was during the period in question.
And he knows better what was going on in Killian's office than Killian's secretary?

Not buying it............

#271769 - 09/16/04 05:55 PM Re: 60 Minutes
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
If Killians Secretary knew morethan Killians family then how do you explain the performance evaluations that are signed by Killian himself??

"A 1971 evaluation said Bush had the potential to "promote well ahead of his contemporaries" and added, "Lt. Bush's main strengths are his eagerness to participate in the unit's activities and his ability to work harmoniously with others." A 1970 letter recommending him for a promotion from second to first lieutenant called him "a dynamic outstanding young officer."

"Lt. Bush is possessed of sound judgment, yet is a tenacious competitor and an aggressive pilot," said the letter from Jerry Killian, then a lieutenant colonel in the Texas Air National Guard. "He is mature beyond his age and experience level."

#271771 - 09/16/04 06:16 PM Re: 60 Minutes
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
"I read and helped write more than enough evals over the years"

As a wife\family member or as a secretary??

As for his secretary, anyone have a link to the interview she did where she claimed not to have any personal knowlege of GWs guard performance? Then suddenly when the time was right (or the money? or?) her 86yr old memory becomes crystal clear...

#271773 - 09/16/04 06:40 PM Re: 60 Minutes
umrules Offline
Spawner

AM,
For the most part you are right, there is a lot of meaningless crap in there that tells you nothing about the individuals performance, that I feel is a waste of ink in any FITREP / EVAL, but.......
If you know anything about military selection boards, a statement from a commanding officer that says to promote well ahead of his contemporaries, is a very important statement in a military evaluation and very valuable at a selection board.

#271775 - 09/16/04 07:05 PM Re: 60 Minutes
umrules Offline
Spawner

You are correct AM, I will not say that I will always vote for a Republican ( were there ever a Dem that I truely felt would be a better choice I would definately vote for him), but I will ALWAYS (and proudly) be a Navy Chief! And if Killian did lose his faith in GWB's performance, I feel confident that as a Commanding Officer he would have provided some sort of correspondance/documentation up the chain of command that was a bit more official than just telling his secretary. I doubt if she would have had much input on the LT's career progression. So if that is the case, where is the poor performance evaluation from Killian?

#271776 - 09/16/04 07:08 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Fisherdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn, Wa, USA
UM,

Dan Rather will produce a fax of the Poor Performance Eval shortly......... \:\)

Sorry, couldn't help myslef.

Fisherdan

#271777 - 09/16/04 07:22 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Dan S. Offline

Quote:
Dan Rather will produce a fax
:D

Good one, Dan! \:D

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1442 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |